Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Error Code 9000 - Connection to the server has been lost...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Error Code 9000 - Connection to the server has been lost...

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

RogueRifle
12.23.2011 , 01:44 PM | #831
Another error 9000, only moments before the end of a Voidstar. Oh nevermind, I'll just take #279 and wait at the back of this queue.

... seriously. At least let us know this is an issue your currently working on a fix for.
"Close the blast doors! ... open the blast doors, open the blast doors!!"

ArtemisEntrerie
12.23.2011 , 02:48 PM | #832
Quote: Originally Posted by RogueRifle View Post
Another error 9000, only moments before the end of a Voidstar. Oh nevermind, I'll just take #279 and wait at the back of this queue.

... seriously. At least let us know this is an issue your currently working on a fix for.
Fully agreed I just had another error 9000 and get stuck a 30 minute queue.....
CE Purchaser

dbrinkerlee
12.23.2011 , 03:16 PM | #833
Just thought i'd add my voice to the cacophony. I've been getting the error 9000 message constantly today. Sometimes I can log in, but usually stay connected for less than a minute. Sometimes I can't log in at all. At times, the error message is followed with an error 2005 message. It does seem to affect my internet connection. I have to wait a few seconds before I can connect to internet after I get dc'd.

Goes without saying, game is unplayable right now. I've been experiencing the 9000 error since the 20th, but never as bad as today. AT&T Uverse, east coast.

sandskater
12.23.2011 , 03:34 PM | #834
I've been monitoring this thread for a week now, hoping that Bioware would have a fix to this issue by now. At this point I'm more than fed up. Pardon the rant, but I've had constant disconnects and error 9000 since last Saturday. My first three days in early access were perfect and problem free. But ever since last Saturday my latency spikes to absurd amounts immediately upon login. I was a fool to start my subscription time, thinking that Bioware would have this problem fixed by December 20th. Now I'm a paying customer and I can't play what I'm paying you guys for! I'm sick of this crap! I'm not one to demand compensation, but I'm getting there lol

Again sorry about the rant, but I'm frustrated to all hell with this. Especially with the customer service response. In response to my cs ticket I got a canned response saying that my issue was being bumped up. 5 days later, and still no further response.

Optimum Online, East Coast. All other online games work flawlessly.

ArtemisEntrerie
12.23.2011 , 03:43 PM | #835
Just had the disconnect again and just as I was about to take a group in through a flashpoint now I'm stuck in a 10 minute long queue time with my group probably wondering what the heck has happened. This is freaking absurd!

East Coast here as well and Cox Communications for internet provider none of my other online things are effected at all and run smoothly.
CE Purchaser

Launch
12.23.2011 , 03:53 PM | #836
Quote: Originally Posted by FobManX View Post
Is it possible SWTOR could cause our internet to D/C somehow? I checked the system log on my router and I keep seeing this message:

Dec 23 12:57:40 2011 System Log WAN Coax WAN Coax Link Up
Dec 23 12:57:34 2011 System Log WAN Coax WAN Coax Link Down

Pretty much everytime I lag spike or D/C, this message with the corresponding D/C time will be in my log.

It may be an issue on my end, which is why I'm asking you guys. Maybe SWTOR is sending too many packets for some of our ISPs to handle or something?? I got a new router which didn't help and I have a Verizon techie coming on the way Monday, just want to hear what you guys think since I can't really play the game like this anyway.
I think it is an issue with SWTOR. Any time I receive this message I get disconnected from Xfire and other programs. I never disconnect during the day except when this happens. Just got disconnected while tanking in a Flashpoint and everything else disconnected again. I feel sorry for the people I was with, but it's not my fault either.

Lorcain
12.23.2011 , 05:37 PM | #837
I received an email from their CS acknowledging that it's a known issue now and that they're working on it. Of course I'm writing this reply right after being disconnected again (error code 9000).

East Coast - Verizon

MasterJS
12.23.2011 , 05:44 PM | #838
first 4/5 days of early game access no problem, then for the last two days it was almost a constant irritation. after launch it seemed to be fixed, until today when it has reared its ugly head again several times in the past 3 hours.
Quote: Originally Posted by StephenReid
If you're impatient and rude...this is why you can't have nice things!
Semper Fidelis USMC

Haloik
12.24.2011 , 02:34 AM | #839
Have been playing this game since last week with maybe one or two error 9000's. Tonight's total is up to 25. I yelled at my ISP 3 times before checking forums >< They are so mad at you BioWare...

FIX THIS

LordTie
12.24.2011 , 03:15 AM | #840
I wish that BW would comment on this or at least sticky it please.
Duct tape is like the force, it has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together.