Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Error Code 9000 - Connection to the server has been lost...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Error Code 9000 - Connection to the server has been lost...

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Cacciatore
12.18.2011 , 10:01 PM | #501
First day this has happened since playing on the 13th, and it has happened 3 times thus far tonight. Really aggravating given server populations, one might expect that after a crash their server spot would be safe for a few minutes to allow re-login. This will need to be addressed before end game content.

On a side note I have no router.
Cacciatore, Spice Smuggler of Natural Order
I often visit local planetary orphanages. I use their patrons to smuggle my spice. If they get caught they never go to jail. Who says I have no compassion.
Above the Influence, Above the Law

Mikeeeee
12.18.2011 , 10:10 PM | #502
Yeah since the 13th I have had no disconnects even though the BETA's no disconnects..I tried 4 times I get into an instance and error code 9000! Hope they fix the issue soooon..

chrwe
12.18.2011 , 10:18 PM | #503
I have the same problem at completely random times. However, I noticed it steadily worsening as the servers grow fuller. Also, there seems to be a packet loss issue (but I see this is already adressed in some threads).

A very few times, this has been caused in my end (firewall issue), but the vast majority of the 9000 and 1003,1005 crashes seems to be at random.

Luluus
12.18.2011 , 11:16 PM | #504
Its happening to me fick that men i want to play...
PLaying on Heal of graushhh

Thealliance
12.18.2011 , 11:34 PM | #505
Happens to me ever hour or two on Jedi Covenant, I really hope it gets fixed since it's one of the two things preventing me from enjoying the game along with crazy (i had 128k ping before d/c) spikes. I did try all the steps that applied to me and they didn't seem to change anything at all.

leznix
12.18.2011 , 11:40 PM | #506
Quote: Originally Posted by Mikeeeee View Post
Yeah since the 13th I have had no disconnects even though the BETA's no disconnects..I tried 4 times I get into an instance and error code 9000! Hope they fix the issue soooon..

Yeah I am getting 9000, 2005 all day long................. ++

Lorcain
12.19.2011 , 12:10 AM | #507
If I can survive the first 2-3 minutes after logging in without an error code 9000 disconnect, I'm good, but lately I can't even make it past 30 seconds without being disconnected. Server volume seems to have an impact on the # of disconnects I get.

I did a clean install of SWoTR tonight, updated my network card firmware, power cycled my router, ensured the game has full access through my firewall...no success. Still getting error code 9000 disconnects. I played a ton during the thanksgiving weekend beta and never experienced this.

Ska-Di
12.19.2011 , 12:21 AM | #508
Quote: Originally Posted by A4-I4 View Post
Greetings All,

If you are receiving Error Code 9000 it can indicate an issue with your network connection.

Firstly, please check the Server Status Thread to see if there is currently any downtime scheduled for the server you are attempting to connect to.

If there is no downtime scheduled, please check the following to help resolve your issue:
1. Restart the game and attempt to login again
2. Ensure that your network connection is stable. If you are using a wireless connection, try to see if using a wired connection improves the issue.
3. You may try power-cycling your router by turning its power off waiting 30 seconds and then turning it back on again.
4. You may need to add an exception for SWTOR.exe to your Firewall and Anti-Virus.
5. If you utilise a VPN for your connection, you would need to ensure that the game is allowed to communicate through the VPN. If you are using a proxy server, please ensure that it is configured correctly in Internet Explorer.
6. If you have any third party traffic management software running on your computer, you can try disabling it.

If the issue persists please contact Customer Support for further assistance. Please ensure that you have included a copy of your DXDiag and client logs when contacting Customer Support.

Thank you for Pre-Ordering Star Wars™: The Old Republic™
I'm experiencing the same issue for about 3 days (since I get started to be precise).

Getting kicked off to character window or to the server select window 5-10 times per hour - error code 9000 or 2005 (rare). Just before been kicked lattency being increased from 50ms up to 100k ms (some times connection restores). This lag seems to be random and appears in all places including warzones and flashpoints. This lag appears with no application run on background and vice versa.

- Brand new computer, brand new router (wired connection)
- High speed cable internet (never experienced lags playing other MMOs such as WoW, EVE, LOTRO)
- Windows 7 64-bit fully updated
- Tried to reboot computer, router, cable modem
- Tried to restore router settings to default
- Tried to turn OFF windows firewall
- Tried to open ports mentioned above
- Tried to switch to other servers: from Rakata Mind Prison (PVP west full population) to Niman (PVP EU light population)
- Submitted an ingame ticket 2 days ago (no response)

All these actions had NO result - problem persists.

Please pay attention to this issue it seems to be on server or client side, not on user side. Game is absolutely unplayable by now (1 day before release)

zugumbamamba
12.19.2011 , 12:51 AM | #509
I'm getting lots of lag spikes and the majority of them results in disconnections with error 9000. did the steps that the answer bot told in the e-mail to no avail. I'm on the Grand Master Zym server.

Azazzello
12.19.2011 , 12:51 AM | #510
Exact same situation here. Started Last night; might be in correlation with server population peaking or something, but lag spikes from ~50 ms to 15k ms in steady intervals once or twice in a minute at worst sometimes followed by a disconnect.

Asked in game, while in a party, if some1 else was experiencing this and the 3 others replied having no such symptons at that time. Would love to hear something from support concerning this issue while it seems i'm not the only one, and whats the reasoning behind all of this.

Cheers

PS. Server: Ahto City