Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Error Code 9000 - Connection to the server has been lost...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Error Code 9000 - Connection to the server has been lost...

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

lastchaplain
12.14.2011 , 02:54 AM | #11
I've been having the same problem all day. I put my first ticket in about it before 7am. I finally managed to get some help in game, and the help said it was due to the high traffic the server had experienced. The help said they were working quickly to resolve it. I'm not sure if that can be the entire case, since not everyone is having this problem.

Random d/cs at an MMO launch arent unheard of. That being said, I wouldnt mind it being handled already Died one too many times to the d/c and any sort of multiplayer aspect is Russian roulette.
I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell.

namudin
12.14.2011 , 02:59 AM | #12
I posted to a thread regarding this yesterday (the forum search is poor but it's there a few pages in) including the client log (which does not look like much help).

Seems to be occurring over a wide geographical area i.e. users from Eu and US, and wide variety of hardware and ISPs.

Like many, I played beta with no issues. Looks like issue is in Bioware's court for a clearer idea of what can cause this issue.

Sardoni
12.14.2011 , 05:24 AM | #13
I disabled everything in MSCONFIG except my graphics card control panel. There's only two applications using the internet. SWTOR and Team Speak.

Unless the ports for team speak and SWTOR client have conflicting ports I'm at a loss, but that being said it would be a widespread issue for anyone using teamspeak.

On the plus side it took about 3 hours before it 9000'd me this time =/
Been around the MMO Block...
Sardoni

Pegga
12.14.2011 , 12:58 PM | #14
I get it once every fifteen minutes or so, so I can still play, but until they fix this I don't think I'm going to be able to play with others in flashpoints and such.
Weekend Warrior of Squadron 11-11-11

"Never Forget!"

ArtemisEntrerie
12.14.2011 , 01:00 PM | #15
I have the same issue and made another thread about this before I saw this one. Here is what I put in my thread:

I keep getting a error code 9000 server disconnect at random times since yesterday which puts me back to character select screen. I've sent in a ticket and was told the issue was likely on my end and to check to see if i had anything running in background that might effect this, reset routers, shut off downloads, etc. I've done all this yet still today at about 1:10pm EST I got disconnected yet again from the server having followed all the directions given by CSR in my support ticket I have to say the problem isn't likely on my end anymore. Anyone have any clues?

I'm running Windows 7 x64 bit fully updated.
Nvidia Geforce GTS 250 with latest drivers
AMD Phenom II x4 955 3.2 ghz processor
ASUS Crosshair Formula V motherboard with 8gigs of DDR3 memory
CE Purchaser

Deiser
12.14.2011 , 01:51 PM | #16
I'm having this issue too. I know it's not my router, as I've been able to play FF11 and WoW with little to no lag. I've also opened all the ports the game needs. The lag is completely random, going from 40 ms to 200 ms to 100 ms and then randomly will spike up to 15k to 20k or above, and randomly disconnect me.

Skorger
12.14.2011 , 01:51 PM | #17
*Bump*

Having the same issue: Error 9000 disconnecting me all the time

Gesler
12.14.2011 , 02:08 PM | #18
Also getting the same error - it is the same error that prevented me from beta testing.

There was a thread about this and many people expressed their fears that this issue would still be apparent when early access hit.

It would appear that they were right.
Raise a stone for all to see, runes carved to my memory...

ArtemisEntrerie
12.14.2011 , 02:38 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Gesler View Post
Also getting the same error - it is the same error that prevented me from beta testing.

There was a thread about this and many people expressed their fears that this issue would still be apparent when early access hit.

It would appear that they were right.
Funny thing is I never had the issue at all during beta it's only happening to me now in Early Access.

Also my Latency stays in the 15 ms to 50ms range from all I see it never goes above that.
CE Purchaser

FringerTal
12.14.2011 , 02:45 PM | #20
I was getting the error about 5 times in 5 hours on two different computers.
SWG Talorus on Kauri (pre-cu)