Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PowerTech Max DPS PvP Build

Zarovich
01.05.2012 , 03:45 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Dharagada View Post
Hrm well I don't feel our damage is all that bad, but I agree we could use a bit more utility.

Honestly I'd be perfectly happy if they just gave us back rocket pack and give shield tech something else in it's place.

Grapple is nice, but it's is to easily impacted by resolve, not to mention it can cause problems at times where you grapple an opponent just as your warrior friend leaps at the opponent heh. It really is a poor gap closure at times. Though I'd hate to loose it completely.
You really think Powertechs don't have much utility? They definatly have more then Mercs while maintaining mobility and damage on par with them if DPS speced. To me, it looks like Pyro Powertechs can DPS with the best of them so I'm not sure where the 2nd rate DPSer stuff is coming from.

chainsawsamurai
01.05.2012 , 03:46 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Dharagada View Post
You know (just to derail this topic a bit) what gear do you guys use in PVP for the shield/pyro build? Straight Tank set, DPS set, mixture?
Six of one, half-dozen of the other.

You can run it in either set, both work well but have different playstyles. I currently sets for both and swap between depending on my mood. My luck sucks with PvP bags though, so you might end up having to make up your mind before I do.

Edited for clarity.

Big_Puncho
01.19.2012 , 09:16 PM | #23
Wich PVP set should I get for the Pyrotech?? Eliminator or Combat Tech or mixed?

Kroktar
01.20.2012 , 12:13 AM | #24
not that music again...

Namusetae
01.20.2012 , 01:18 AM | #25
Just one thing to change if we think your build DPS vise. As you state you say that this is max dps pvp build. There is only few things what puzzles me: if this is pvp build, why are you not taking any migitation? and if this is a max dps build, since when is 6% to flameburst more damage than 4% to ALL elemental dmg ?

This looks like my build what I use in PVP and in PVE since it's the max dps output build with some neat little things with the shield:
http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301bMZMsZfhMrzGGMs.1

Idea of my build is to max out DPS and to have the migitation (shield) up pretty much after every encounter. Shield is also a neat tool to get out of slows / roots.

taugrimtaugrim
01.20.2012 , 01:55 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Xpar View Post
Actually, you'll get much better damage moving the 2 points from Hot Iron, which only buffs Flame Burst in your spec, to 2 points in Intimidation, which boosts all fire damage by 4%.

Pyrotech has heavy fire (Elemental) damage mechanics aside from Flame Burst:
- DoT from Combustible Gas Cylinder
- Incendiary Missile
- Flame Thrower

You'd lose 2% damage for Flame Burst but gain 4% damage for the rest of your Fire damage abilities.

I.e. this 4/6/31 spec, which is one of the ones in my PT PVP Guide:
http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301bMZMsZfhMbdGGMs.1

I've never spoken or seen a 21/2/18 guy do any where close to my dps in pvp.
It's because they're too busy doing the things you can't do, such as running the flag and Guarding friendlies.

Why would you even bother to compare the DPS for a spec that has a tank tree as its biggest investment with a spec that has 31 points in the DPS tree?

EDIT (2012/01/20): fixed my spec link. Copy-paste fail!
Taugrim
PVP Maven, Guide Writer, Host on GAMEBREAKER's The Republic show
@taugrim | taugrim.com
Guides: Resolve | Powertech/Vanguard PVP | Defense/Shielding | Bolster

Spurgo
01.20.2012 , 05:05 AM | #27
Currently I am running my BULLDOG* build:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#30...0MZbIbbdGGMs.1

Works great, using ion gas cylinder and a shield generator.

My reduction in damage is 47% and 5% int.elem.
22% shield with 22% abs
My dps is exactly the same as a pure PYRO build.
I can protect friendly targets, i can snare, my unload and rapid shots do damage (and sometimes u need it), my railgun max crit is 3950 on a sorc. My crit chance is 29% tech with a 76% magnitudo of crit.
I play with 4 pieces of ELIMINATOR with combat medic gun and other pvp mix for the crit chance. My expertise is 450. I have 16600 hps. I HARDLY loose in 1vs1, it happens if i don't have cooldown up and my enemy is a good player and uses all of em.

BULLDOG* 8/2/31 (with ion gas cylinder-and rebraced armor)

*(all rights reserved)

Dharagada
01.20.2012 , 08:15 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Spurgo View Post
Currently I am running my BULLDOG* build:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#30...0MZbIbbdGGMs.1

Works great, using ion gas cylinder and a shield generator.

My reduction in damage is 47% and 5% int.elem.
22% shield with 22% abs
My dps is exactly the same as a pure PYRO build.
I can protect friendly targets, i can snare, my unload and rapid shots do damage (and sometimes u need it), my railgun max crit is 3950 on a sorc. My crit chance is 29% tech with a 76% magnitudo of crit.
I play with 4 pieces of ELIMINATOR with combat medic gun and other pvp mix for the crit chance. My expertise is 450. I have 16600 hps. I HARDLY loose in 1vs1, it happens if i don't have cooldown up and my enemy is a good player and uses all of em.

BULLDOG* 8/2/31 (with ion gas cylinder-and rebraced armor)

*(all rights reserved)
Lets not exaggerate here your DPS isn't exactly the same, your missing several talents that boost up your damage and loosing out even more damage by using IGC over CGI, which hits quite hard. You've definitely traded damage dealing potential for a bit more surviability and a bit of extra utility.

In the end it's some what similar to the parakeet build except it looks like you traded the mobility of Jet Charge for the Burst of TD.

Now for my own question regarding Prototype Cylinders and Prototype Burn Enhancers vs. 2 points in Steely Resolve?

Basically what do people think about giving up the 3% tech crit of Cylinders, the 6% crit to all fire attacks, gaining an extra 2% damage to fire attacks done and an extra 6% aim? I figure long term the extra 6% aim will get better with better gear, probably not a huge increase but hey where just theorizing here anyway.

borkbork
01.20.2012 , 09:15 AM | #29
I see a lot of posts about the 21/2/18 and that of course is trash. Pvp is all about burst damage and TD is pretty important (mine crits for 4k). I'm 9 ranks away from Battlemaster right now and have few hundred games of pvp under me.

Engagement rotation is such:
TD > IM > RS > FB > RS or RP

The rotation basically means your railshot hits at the sametime the TD goes off. When they both crit along with the IM dot, my target typically would be down by 9-10k hp with my gear.

Is of course 2/8/31
http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#3010MZMsMZfhMbdGhrs.1

Here is a game from last night:
http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/9679/507k.png

My pvp video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KqJeyV56eM

I've never spoken or seen a 21/2/18 guy do any where close to my dps in pvp.
I sincerly think this is a horrible pvp build (CC >>> dps). Rotation is flawed. You'll get CCed and lose to any skilled PVPer

Sykologist
01.20.2012 , 09:30 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by taugrimtaugrim View Post
Actually, you'll get much better damage moving the 2 points from Hot Iron, which only buffs Flame Burst in your spec, to 2 points in Intimidation, which boosts all fire damage by 4%.

Pyrotech has heavy fire (Elemental) damage mechanics aside from Flame Burst:
- DoT from Combustible Gas Cylinder
- Incendiary Missile
- Flame Thrower

You'd lose 2% damage for Flame Burst but gain 4% damage for the rest of your Fire damage abilities.

I.e. this 4/6/31 spec, which is one of the ones in my PT PVP Guide:
http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#30...boZ0MZbIbbdh.1

It's because they're too busy doing the things you can't do, such as running the flag and Guarding friendlies.

Why would you even bother to compare the DPS for a spec that has a tank tree as its biggest investment with a spec that has 31 points in the DPS tree?
Taugrim,

Thanks for this build. Pretty excited to try this out