Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Oil Slick / Tanking idea

Throwa-fett
12.13.2011 , 11:27 PM | #1
One Idea I had that would be cool for the tank is to be able to lay down the oil slick and light it on fire with a flame sweep. This would create a burning ring of fire on the ground that would be like a consecrate or death and decay giving the tank an aoe/dot that would hold threat and mob control.
Picture this, as the mob is coming in, you oil slick and flame sweep as they are entering the affected area. You're standing in a ring of fire and you begin your tanking rotations.
Once it is lit it cannot move and has a certain cooldown associated with it.

JJaxx
12.14.2011 , 08:01 AM | #2
That would be really cool with like a 30 sec cooldown.

Darth_Precursor
12.15.2011 , 12:34 AM | #3
This idea is great!

/signed
Dynaster- Operative Medic
Chillum- Deception Assassin

<GOML>
The Bastion

Gereon
12.15.2011 , 12:56 AM | #4
Sounds cool ^^

/signed

21/2/18 Carolina Parakeet

Saggins
12.15.2011 , 03:04 AM | #5
I don't even care if it generates threat. I need this animation.
Saggins | Human | Bounty Hunter | Powertech | Shield Tech
Operation Focus - Silent Saga - PVP Server

Ommadonn
12.15.2011 , 08:40 AM | #6
Another thing is why doesn't oil slick have a movement reduction on it. It is an "oil slick", and fer anyone who hasn't ever been in a kitchen when u spill flyer oil can attest to how slick the floor is. Granted ice is abit more slippery but not by much.... and after u get off ice, u don't keep slipping. Try doin that will oil....

Callmenads
12.16.2011 , 06:07 AM | #7
I like this idea. Make it a low-damage DoT with high threat. I would be great for those situations when you JP to a group of ranged mobs/oilslick/flame/run-out, and focus back on melee targets/boss.

This would allow you to build/keep threat on ranged mobs while kiting, and positioning melee.

On the other hand... heat becomes a huge problem, and you've burned your vent heat.

I don't know how the end-game content is, nor know the fights, so this could all be void.

I don't agree with making it a snare though.
. OPOD - Lost, but never forgotten.

SW:TOR Leet