Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I appreciate that there aren't macro's and add-ons. Thanks BW!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
I appreciate that there aren't macro's and add-ons. Thanks BW!

CleverNameHere
01.04.2012 , 01:47 PM | #1
Title says it all.

I like the game without macro's and add-on's that allow you to spam one button for everything. I currently play a level 40 combat medic and enjoy the thought process that goes through when playing.

Please don't cave in to the lazy.

Kantoro
01.04.2012 , 01:48 PM | #2
Funny, no one forces you to use macros and addons.

Perhaps you should enjoy playing the way you like to play, and have the respect for others to allow them to do the same.

Stop worrying about how other people play.

Ghoulishtie
01.04.2012 , 01:49 PM | #3
I wouldn't mind them, to a point.

Granted certain addons/macros help gameplay. However, it would make me cry to see something like DPS meters, Gearscore, or that Healerkiller addon that marks where all the healers are, end up in this game.

Aeywyn
01.04.2012 , 01:51 PM | #4
Here we go again... every thread about this degenerates.

Guess what, people like myself and the OP and many more are entitled to our opinions as much as anybody who wants macros.

But the misleading argument that adding macros doesnt harm the people that dont use them is ridiculous.

For the reasons why, see any number of 100 page threads about the same subject.

Blurble
01.04.2012 , 01:51 PM | #5
People will stand in the fire with or without DBM. I don't want addons that play the game for you like decursive. Everything else is fine.

Excedrin
01.04.2012 , 01:52 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Aeywyn View Post

Guess what, people like myself and the OP and many more are entitled to our opinions as much as anybody who wants macros.

But the misleading argument that adding macros doesnt harm the people that dont use them is ridiculous.

Keybinds harm people that prefer to click because they're better, and give people who use them an advantage.

Remove keybinds so I can click and not feel like I'm bad.
Alone is the default state of an MMO player, whether if be for minutes (or) months, and the game should embrace that. But making a massively single player game isnít the answer.

-Damion Schubert

Lazorous
01.04.2012 , 01:52 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Kantoro View Post
Funny, no one forces you to use macros and addons.

Perhaps you should enjoy playing the way you like to play, and have the respect for others to allow them to do the same.

The drawback of such add-ons is when it becomes a necessity and groups "force" you to adapt to their playstyle or you get the boot.

For example, Deadly Boss mod was a requirement for raiding. If you didn't have it, a lot of raid groups would say get it or don't come back.

A lot of heal mods made healing easier and quicker. This gives those who participate in the mod an advantage over a person who prefers not to rely on said mods. However, the groups can then decide not to use you because you're not as efficient as the other person with the mod.

Get it?

By not having add-on/mod abilities, it's equal ground for everyone.

Kantoro
01.04.2012 , 01:53 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Aeywyn View Post

Again, don't use them if you don't like them.

Quote: Originally Posted by Kantoro View Post

Yfelsung
01.04.2012 , 01:54 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Lazorous View Post
The drawback of such add-ons is when it becomes a necessity and groups "force" you to adapt to their playstyle or you get the boot.

For example, Deadly Boss mod was a requirement for raiding. If you didn't have it, a lot of raid groups would say get it or don't come back.

A lot of heal mods made healing easier and quicker. This gives those who participate in the mod an advantage over a person who prefers not to rely on said mods. However, the groups can then decide not to use you because you're not as efficient as the other person with the mod.

Get it?

So to prevent groups from forcing you to do something, you'd instead force them not to do something?

I wish hypocrisy smelt like bacon, then more people would smell delicious.
MHORDSUNG SOULGRINDER, LEGATUS OF PHOBOS LEGION

At the end of days the dragon stands tall and with limitless rage it illuminates all.

Excedrin
01.04.2012 , 01:54 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Lazorous View Post

Get it?

Correlation != Causation

Better healers tended to use things that reduced the numbers of actions they took. You saw that good healers used these things and concluded that it was the addons that made them good. I assure you, the people who were good with addons in other games are most likely good in this game without addons.
Alone is the default state of an MMO player, whether if be for minutes (or) months, and the game should embrace that. But making a massively single player game isnít the answer.

-Damion Schubert