Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

REing Blue -> Purple Rate ?Bugged?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
REing Blue -> Purple Rate ?Bugged?

Binksie
01.04.2012 , 11:39 PM | #21
I can't speak to the specific item you're working on, but I just wanted to post and say I have gotten 2 different purples from the same blue item. It was an earpiece, I believe the lvl 19 cybertech one. The first one I got had defense on it, so I kept trying and finally got one a dps stat. I'm away from the computer with swtor so I can't remember actual names, but I just wanted to let you know it is possible.

I will also say though that there is a chance some items are bugged. I know RNG is just that, but I RE'd WAY to many of this one blue piece and never got a purple. I finally stopped because it felt sick just sinking more and more credits into it. There just isn't enough information out there yet to know whether some pieces might not be able to RE to purples, or are just bugged, and without that it gets harder and harder to keep throwing money away REing.

Wallach
01.05.2012 , 12:16 AM | #22
The level 49 items divebomb when it comes to the chance to get an artifact schematic from REing a prototype. There's no way to know if this is intentional or not really, but it is certainly crappy. Out of around 180 prototype REs I received 3 artifact schematics from the level 49 tier of implants.

The investment is enormous in terms of being able to get a schematic that a crafter can actually profit from on that tier. I have no idea when I will make back the cost it took me to acquire those schematics on top of the cost of actually creating the artifact pieces, but with current market forces it's well over 100 sales.

Rhaphael
01.05.2012 , 05:49 AM | #23
I think I read somewhere that the developers mentioned that certain recipes were made to be extra rare. Maybe that is the case here. Maybe each level 49 recipe can only reward 1 purple per person ON PURPOSE to keep recipes rare on each server?

Sky_walkerPL
01.05.2012 , 07:03 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Rhaphael View Post
I think I read somewhere that the developers mentioned that certain recipes were made to be extra rare.
Schematics, cause that's about what they were talking, are rare in some cases. Even: extremely rare.
But improving the item I already got schematics for is totally different story. And they IMO shouldn't be extremely rare. I'm fine with 5, even 3% hit rate but not 0.5%!
Especially when thanks to huge design flaw - you can learn schematics that you already know!
Sky Legacy, Hydian Way
[COLOR="PaleTurquoise"]Proudly contributed to: Color crystals RE guide DH DB. Created: Imp uniforms list.

Atsurak
01.05.2012 , 07:11 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Seront View Post
Probability...

If you would like to know what the probability of your *not* having gotten a purple out of N re-engineers with a learning probability of Q per re-engineer:

P = (1-Q)^N

Let's say you've got a 2% shot each time, then after 200 tries 0.98^200 = 0.017. That's almost 2%! That is, 1 in 50 people will likely have to RE that item 200 times before they learn the schematic.

Just some food for thought.

EDIT: Or, if it were 1%: 0.99^200 = 0.133.. 13% That is, more than 1 in 10 people would still not have learned the schematic after 200 REs.
indeed.
the problem though, at least as far as i'm concerned, is the other way -
1 in 100 people get it first time. thats right folks that have 2million credits trying to get that one special purple - someone else on your server probably got it from their first ever RE of a blue. so not only did they get it sooner so they can make more profit out of it with no competition, they spent a tiny fraction of what you did on it.
brilliant design!

as for my experience...
i've REed a Redoubt Aim implant 70-80 times now hoping for a veracity purple... all i've had is a Generals one (+presence ) after about 40. so i'm probably coming up on a 'you already know this schematic' any day now :P

Aerithel
01.05.2012 , 07:13 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by MortisMortavius View Post
I'm specifically crafting [Critical Reflex Enhancement Adapter]s

I've received the schematic for [Supremacy Reflex Enhancement Adapter]s

188 later and still not another schematic from it ...
Here, you've RE'd the Reflex blue-quality item to get the Reflex purple-quality item... perhaps where you're running into an issue is because you keep trying to make the Reflex version rather than the stat you're looking for?

I had dabbled in Biochem on my Kinetic Shadow before switching to pure gathering (until level cap), and what I noticed is that RE and upgraded schematics are linked by just which one you're making. If I RE enough blue-quality Reflex stims, I'll end up getting the purple-quality schematic. For Reflex. Not Aim, not Strength, or any other stat - just Reflex. If I wished to make the stims for another stat, I'd need to start from scratch (make the greens, RE to get blue schematic, make the blues, get the purple schematic).

If I had to make an educated guess, this is your problem. You're trying to proc a recipe that will never proc, because you've already done it and can't get schematics for other stats from the executing the Reflex-specific blue recipe.

Atsurak
01.05.2012 , 07:24 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Aerithel View Post
Here, you've RE'd the Reflex blue-quality item to get the Reflex purple-quality item... perhaps where you're running into an issue is because you keep trying to make the Reflex version rather than the stat you're looking for?

I had dabbled in Biochem on my Kinetic Shadow before switching to pure gathering (until level cap), and what I noticed is that RE and upgraded schematics are linked by just which one you're making. If I RE enough blue-quality Reflex stims, I'll end up getting the purple-quality schematic. For Reflex. Not Aim, not Strength, or any other stat - just Reflex. If I wished to make the stims for another stat, I'd need to start from scratch (make the greens, RE to get blue schematic, make the blues, get the purple schematic).

If I had to make an educated guess, this is your problem. You're trying to proc a recipe that will never proc, because you've already done it and can't get schematics for other stats from the executing the Reflex-specific blue recipe.
uhh, no.
there are 2 upgrade paths (this is all in the sticky http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=45866 ). Theres 'linear' which is what stims (and iirc mods) follow - single green goes to single blue goes to single purple.
then theres 'branched'.
green goes to Overkill, Critical, or Redoubt. Each of these can then go to 5 different purples*.
'Supremacy' is the +Alacrity version of Critical. there are 4 others that can come from critical - leadership, tempest, fervour, and endowment. overkill goes to a different 5 peoples (with the same extra stat, but different names).

*redoubt currently appears to only go to 4 different ones... noone knows why.

Aerithel
01.05.2012 , 07:33 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Atsurak View Post
uhh, no.
there are 2 upgrade paths (this is all in the sticky http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=45866 ). Theres 'linear' which is what stims (and iirc mods) follow - single green goes to single blue goes to single purple.
then theres 'branched'.
green goes to Overkill, Critical, or Redoubt. Each of these can then go to 5 different purples*.
'Supremacy' is the +Alacrity version of Critical. there are 4 others that can come from critical - leadership, tempest, fervour, and endowment. overkill goes to a different 5 peoples (with the same extra stat, but different names).

*redoubt currently appears to only go to 4 different ones... noone knows why.
Mmk, definitely thanks for clarifying this for me. I should've assumed it would be different for other professions (ala the branched paths), but shame on me, I haven't had my coffee yet today and wasn't quite thinking properly.

I'm sorry, MortisMortavius, for providing you absolutely no help with respect to this thread - I hope you'll find your answers soon enough.

Jmotivator
01.05.2012 , 07:40 AM | #29
I would suggest gettting all blue variants before trying for a purple. I seem to find that the more blues the better chance at purple variants.... it almost like there is a matrix in place where you need a specific two blues to get some of the purples.

WimploMartin
01.05.2012 , 07:54 AM | #30
wow i am trying to make a purple implant i REd like over 200 today and got no new scematic then the ether day i REd ablue like 5 times and got a scamtic seems kinda random... but im pissed 200 REs and nothing