Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

REing Blue -> Purple Rate ?Bugged?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
REing Blue -> Purple Rate ?Bugged?

RagNoRock
01.04.2012 , 01:34 PM | #11
I know you get multiple blue types, could it be that you need to get the different blue type and then RE them to get the Purple variants?

MortisMortavius
01.04.2012 , 01:39 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by RagNoRock View Post
I know you get multiple blue types, could it be that you need to get the different blue type and then RE them to get the Purple variants?
According to the sticky each blue has 5 purple variations... there are 3 blue variations of a green.

I definitely know this to be true.

The problem is discovering more than one of the 5 purples. When I hit 200 (in about 20m) I am going to give up and say it's ether

A) A Bug
B) Working as intended but one person can not discover more than one purple per blue.

pryt
01.04.2012 , 01:40 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by RagNoRock View Post
You mean: get all possible blue out of a green one? So make them all and RE those to get the purple? Otherwise only one purple may be granted? That would be awesome BS, but after the knee-jerk stuff they already showed, the thought is not that far off.
... what is a drop of rain, compared to the storm? ... what is a thought, compared to the mind? ...
... our unity is full of wonder which your tiny individualism cannot even conceive ...

RagNoRock
01.04.2012 , 01:50 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by MortisMortavius View Post
According to the sticky each blue has 5 purple variations... there are 3 blue variations of a green.

The problem is discovering more than one of the 5 purples. When I hit 200 (in about 20m) I am going to give up and say it's ether

A) A Bug
B) Working as intended but one person can not discover more than one purple per blue.
It could be that if there are 5 purples and 3 blues that some of the blues only have one purple variant and others have more.

Going from a purely statistical approach, one would not have a two purple variants.

Tuldilel
01.04.2012 , 01:56 PM | #15
Having this same problem. Made 100 or so lvl 49 earpieces to get my firstpurple. Now I can't get another.

AngryBuddhist
01.04.2012 , 02:26 PM | #16
I think the purple is dependent on the blue item. From what I have seen, I need two different flavors of the blue weapon to get two different flavors of the purple weapon.

I was testing on level 9 weapons so I didn't go broke.

MortisMortavius
01.04.2012 , 02:28 PM | #17
I have hit 200 and nothing ...

I'm not wasting any more time and credits on this ****ed up ****...

Raani
01.04.2012 , 02:49 PM | #18
I'm in your boat, mate.

I'm grinding two blue versions - healer Aim and tank Aim.

The tank one I'm doing is the blue Redoubt version of the Aim/Accuracy/Defense green. I think I made about 20-30 before I got a purple, but it had Aim/Accuracy/Defense/Surge, so I wanted to get the one with Aim/Accuracy/Defense/Shield. It's just not happening after many batches, and I started wondering the same thing as you.

The healer one, starting from the Overpower blue variation (Aim/Power/Alacrity) took me a beastly number of batches before it even procced the first purple. Fortunately, I got the right epic variation (same stats, just more Alacrity), so I don't have to redo it.

I'll keep doing it and post the results if I see a second tanking purple.

In the meantime, I started selling all the blue augment versions. They move pretty fast, so I feel a little less depressed about the whole process and they finance my UT missions.

Seront
01.04.2012 , 03:38 PM | #19
Probability...

If you would like to know what the probability of your *not* having gotten a purple out of N re-engineers with a learning probability of Q per re-engineer:

P = (1-Q)^N

Let's say you've got a 2% shot each time, then after 200 tries 0.98^200 = 0.017. That's almost 2%! That is, 1 in 50 people will likely have to RE that item 200 times before they learn the schematic.

Just some food for thought.

EDIT: Or, if it were 1%: 0.99^200 = 0.133.. 13% That is, more than 1 in 10 people would still not have learned the schematic after 200 REs.

apatheticpenguin
01.04.2012 , 10:41 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by MortisMortavius View Post

A) A Bug
I'm working on Synthweaving and I've gotten multiple purples on one blue.

"Redoubt Memory Fiber Belt -> Exactitude Memory Fiber Belt [Superior] & General's Memory Fiber Belt [Superior]"

However I'm now working on my level 49 blue patterns. I'm about 100 in and have yet to get a purple.