Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Merc Stats. Alacrity for Arsenal's?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Commando / Mercenary
Merc Stats. Alacrity for Arsenal's?

-Quagmire-
11.01.2012 , 05:34 PM | #21
I spent alot of time with the parses and simulators to give you a solid answer to "do I use alacrity on a Arsenal Merc?"

(keep in mind this is talking from a PVE perspective, I don't pvp anymore so I won't give advice there)

In short Alacrity is next to useless for us, when talking secondary stats, aim to get your accuracy up a bit, around 300 is a good figure (I aim for just over 100% on my ranged, which gives me around 110% for tech).
Crit is also good around 300 here is a good figure, don't forget surge I aim for around 350 but 300 is okay.
After that just stack as much power as you can.
Achmed - Vindication Guild Leader
(Alts - Larekin, Lanndoe, Jarekai)
See our guild website

Henu
11.01.2012 , 07:05 PM | #22
i also did some playing around with some PVE sets with alacrity and the skill tree, i did manage a 1.1 cast time on tracer but tbh the power i was missing was insane, and overall was not worth it at all.
Kripty / Snips

uziforyou
11.09.2012 , 11:57 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Phasersablaze View Post
No.

Just no.

Do you even read at all? there's like a bajillion guides out there.
Whatever. A resource is a resource including the forums. Being critical of someone for using one resource over another is pointless and tactless.
"When you're bleeding out in a ditch on some muckball planet it's not headquarters that comes to save you, it's the guy next to you."

oaceen
11.11.2012 , 02:54 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Bobinoo View Post
And for PVP? I'd imagine those .2 seconds of putting distance between you and your pursuer would be very helpful. Less time to be interrupted too...
you needed to reply to a 6month old thread to make this point?

BlownSi
11.12.2012 , 07:41 AM | #25
Should you use alacrity as an arsenal merc?

Not on gear. For PVE, I do take the +4% talent in the Pyro tree though. Is it needed? No not really.

But in those situations in HM TFB, and what I know will happen in NM EC, sometimes getting those unloads and tracer missiles out just that little tiny bit faster than normal can make a big difference over a 5-10 minute fight. What most people don't understand is that every percent of damage you can squeeze out of your toon can make the difference between downing a boss and wiping at 20K hp left. You just have to keep in mind that you will generate heat more quickly, so be mindful of that problem.

Your buffed stats (all buffs and stim) should look like:
~35% Crit Rating
~75% Surge Rating
100% Accuracy (tech acc will be 110%)
After those numbers are met, stack power......as much as you can get.

My suggestion would be to get a parser, like MOX, and do some testing with and without those talents and see how it works for you.

Infalliable
11.12.2012 , 09:23 AM | #26
Personally, my feeling on alacrity on DPS toons is that a little bit isn't terrible. It is going to be a DPS hit (as tested on dummy and in sims) as it makes resource management harder and takes away from other stats that directly impact your DPS.

The benefit is it allows you to be more mobile. For classes with long cast times, you can be rooted for a long time and many boss mechanics will require frequent movement. Alacrity helps here, in these real world situations. For situations that do not require movement, it'll hurt your dps and your maximum potential dps.

B/c of this, I think it's decent for a newer player not familiar witih raiding and boss mechanics. You tend to run around alot in operations b/c you're not sure where to be and can be overly cautious. As you get more comfortable with boss mechanics you'll more efficient with your movement and don't loose as much to downtime while running...so alacrity isn't as useful.

Alacrity can be obtained via relics though if so desired. For a fresh 50, you can carry a power and alacrity one and choose which you want to use situationally. They're not BiS relics though, so you'll want to swap them out as you get better gear.

DarthBloodloss
11.16.2012 , 01:58 PM | #27
You have to be careful with alacrity because you'll heat up faster, and heal for less.

Its going to take more casts to heal the same amount, and the casts come faster. More casting + Faster casting = Lots of Heat

You should be fine as long as you stack surge to your preferred number and then splash in a little alacrity. But only add alacrity once your surge is "maxxed".
Bloodloss Mercenary
DESTROYER OF WORLDS || KEEPER OF SOULS

StefanTOR
12.14.2012 , 05:06 PM | #28
I saw a Gunnery Commando casting Grav Round with 1.2 sec and Full Auto for 2.5 sec speed. It kind of went fast, but his overall damage at the end of the match wasn't really that impressive. To me it seems better to use Crit Rating, Surge and Power.