Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PvP Level Gaps

AlexHagar
12.13.2011 , 11:16 PM | #1
Are they splitting up the gaps of levels ever 10 levels? Like groups of level 10-20 etc? Or are there level 35's running around 1 shoting level 10s lol
MGH

Withrockb
12.13.2011 , 11:19 PM | #2
are you talking about warzone pvp? if so, no...lower levels get bolstered in warzones.
This Game Sucks. See Ya in GW2

Been There. Done That. Got The T-Shirt and the First Place Blue Ribbon.

AlexHagar
12.13.2011 , 11:22 PM | #3
Yeah in warzone pvp, what is the level spread ?? 0.o
MGH

invispoet
12.13.2011 , 11:24 PM | #4
Everyone gets bolstered to be approximately 80% strength of whoever the highest level character in the warzone is. Note that you're still at a slight disadvantage due to less talent points, not having all your abilities, and the stat conversion not being 100%, but it keeps lower level players from being 1-2 shot (for the most part).

NivaSparkles
12.13.2011 , 11:34 PM | #5
Bolstering does not make players anywhere near equal. One of the many stupid PVP ideas.

ejstout
12.13.2011 , 11:39 PM | #6
The highest I've seen so far is a lvl 24 bounty hunter in a match.

Obbu
12.13.2011 , 11:48 PM | #7
Best bet is to try a warzone - and see the system in action.

It works really well - there have been some specific examples of problems, but seem mostly to consist of issues caused by the removal of lowbie pvp gear - as well as weekend testers running up against established long-term beta players, and getting owned.

The true nature of the balance will only really become evident on a player level post launch: but i can give you anecdotal confirmation that all my experiences in briefly testing the feature were positive.

The only trick is not to be a hero and try to solo someone who is a vastly higher level than yourself.

Play the team game as a team and bolster works really well, imo - but play it yourself and draw your own judgements.

Kadabrax
12.14.2011 , 01:06 AM | #8
They better or pvp is going to suck

reofjsof
12.14.2011 , 01:07 AM | #9
"bolstering" is a silly idea

Foamslinger
12.14.2011 , 01:12 AM | #10
Are you kidding, bolstering is the best idea.

It is better than lvl 19's one-shotting lvl 11s by far.

You have a disadvantage vs much higher lvl players, but they are still completely beatable.

edit: I'd also advise trying it before theorycrafting about how bad it is and never giving it an honest chance.
jumpshot - nubicide legacy
<shoots first irl>
videos: How to Huttball: Juggernaut Ilum Mass PvP