Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Problem logging in, help? (GODAMNIT)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Problem logging in, help? (GODAMNIT)

Taiman
01.04.2012 , 10:58 AM | #1
I just wanted to know if it was happening to anyone else:

I'm on the Kai-Kan European server, and when I select my character to start playing, the loading page with the yellow story résumé starts loading till about a third of the way and then the game crashes.

I've tried it several times, then logging out, restarting the computer, etc etc. I might add that I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to how to manage game bugs, so this is me being VERY FRUSTRATED (as it's also the day where you see 5pm swing around and you're all, "Ooh! Servers are online again!" and rush off to play all giddy and excited. =w=)
Also, the game icon is on my taskbar and if I don't have internet open, when I try to click on the icon it remains "selected" for a few seconds and then just fades, and the game doesn't start at all.

:SADFACE:

EDIT: it's 6pm French time and it still doesn't work
I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet. ~Jack London

Mikalar
01.04.2012 , 10:59 AM | #2
If you are going to curse, at least spell it right.
Mikalar Lightstar

Escaped the violent implosion of the Shadowfire galaxy found in the SWG quadrant of the universe finding myself time-warped here - where ever here is!

Taiman
01.04.2012 , 11:02 AM | #3
Why thanks, that was really extremely helpful.
gosh darnit, gosh darnit, gosh darn it, gosh darn, gosh darn, buggerbugger. There you go. Sorry to offend the linguistic taste buds old chap.

EDIT: Bloody edit =w= But seriously, if anyone's having this problem 'twould be a relief of sorts. Now I can't even procrastinate revision any more... *sigh*
I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet. ~Jack London

Caonimah
01.04.2012 , 11:06 AM | #4
You could ... you know... check for other threads like these instead of making your own, and cursing on the thread title. Would you please think of the children?

Before loading your character, try to switch to window mode then log into it. Use the setting button on the left corner of the screen before logging into the character to change the settings.

Taiman
01.04.2012 , 11:08 AM | #5
Yes yes sorry, I've just found out the Customer service thread =w=