Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Not getting Affection when I know I should

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Not getting Affection when I know I should

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Warbec
01.20.2012 , 04:42 AM | #21
So? No response from Bioware at all?
Tickets get generic response and not a single word on this subject?

I've stopped leveling my characters because of this bug for around two weeks and simply waited while Bioware answers.

No point in waiting more.
I'll re-subscribe when they decide to reply about this problem somewhere.

Next time, at least say something about this problem to your subscribers.
Even if it is only "We're onto it". That would at least ease our concerns that "something" is being made.

krakpot
01.20.2012 , 01:31 PM | #22
Got to Quesh today as a Sith Inquisitor with Khem Val companion. Not had one bit of affection all day when picking al the right responses and even cancelling the conversation and trying the altrernatives.

Glad its just a small planet.

VirtualWizard
01.22.2012 , 11:23 AM | #23
I too am having this problem. Recently I've noticed with Vette that I only get an affection bonus once even though I see the bonus appear more than once. I'll have a mission conversation and choose responses favored by Vette, but once I complete the mission I only gain 15 affect with her instead of the 30+ I should see.

Please Customer Service look into this problem.

VirtualWizard
01.22.2012 , 06:17 PM | #24
After posting above, I went and played for a couple of hours. I paid very close attention to my affection gains with Vette, and they all added up except for once.

My character died during an instance mission and had to start the whole thing over. I chose the same responses and saw three affection gains with Vette. However at the end of the mission, I only gained one 15 point affection bonus.

Could dying affect your affection gains?

ChandlerL
01.23.2012 , 12:15 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by HillbillySith View Post
The title of this thread made me think you married my ex-wife, I was all set to give you the workaround I found
*chuckle*

Koryukun
01.27.2012 , 03:26 PM | #26
I'm having the same problem with Jaesa on Quesh. I'm choosing all dark side options, and getting 0 affection even though I'm suppose to because i've done these quests on another character. I'd like to hear some response from Bioware =/, this problem has been out for weeks I see from this thread.

ToliverGrey
01.27.2012 , 03:32 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Koryukun View Post
I'm having the same problem with Jaesa on Quesh. I'm choosing all dark side options, and getting 0 affection even though I'm suppose to because i've done these quests on another character. I'd like to hear some response from Bioware =/, this problem has been out for weeks I see from this thread.
No companions will gain or lose affection on Quesh.

deeahchur
01.27.2012 , 04:12 PM | #28
I believe that I am experiencing this with various companions. I cannot prove this, however, since the number of conversations I have experienced and started wondering has been numerous. I now intend to check companion affection for each companion after conversations and compare it with the affection pop-ups to see if there is any unseen affection being calculated.
This transmission brought to you by the 5Z Initiative (5ZIR/5ZIS) Network.

Tancud
04.10.2012 , 05:53 PM | #29
Same problem here, it works with Vette or Quinn but no with jaesa.
There is another weird thing, I turned her to the dark side yet my codex says she dislikes killing people etc.

EDIT : my problem is fixed, it seems Jaesa is not supposed to be in the crew during the missions on Alderaan, so she doesn't gain or loose affection. I'm on Taris now and it works.

sithlordscottyo
04.26.2012 , 05:59 AM | #30
Seems Quesh is bugged. I'm not getting any obvious points with Jaesa here. Sucks I'm at 8100 points with her too at level 36. Was hoping to get to 10000 by level 40.