Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Not getting Affection when I know I should

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Not getting Affection when I know I should
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

mythallar
01.09.2012 , 02:46 AM | #11
Same problem here, with Ashara Zavros. Ever since I got her on Taris affection for all companions is stuck. I can see notifications during dialogs (+40) but actual affection value is not changed.

Warbec
01.09.2012 , 12:04 PM | #12
I stopped playing Swtor this past week waiting for some kind of response from Bioware.
Because I would miss allot of affection with Jaesa if I wasted conversations.
Since I didn't got any... I went to my alt Bounty Hunter.
AND IT ALSO HAPPENS!
I never tested before with Mako, but it's happening with her conversations.
Did one in Tatooine, the full conversation had +30 affection to gain. Was a trivial mission from Jeek... so since it only took 2 minutes to get the mission ad deliver it... I counted the affection I would gain.

In the first conversation it showed me getting +30.... then instead of delivering I went back and abandoned the quest. Got it again... the affection bug made his appearence (one of the answers didn't give +15)... and when I delivered... Mako only increased a grand total of +15.

I may be an idiot... but this to me is a gamebreaker.

Quote: Originally Posted by cerveau View Post
Ive found if you click your answer before the npc has fully stopped talking
the little icon with the +30 in the bottom left corner doesnt show up.

dont be to quick with the responses.

i know this cos i run BT everyday and know every answer that gets u +30
if im to quick with a response the +30 doesnt show on the screen.
Sadly... this only happens to me in a full conversation.
When I'm doing the same conversation for the 2nd time... I always press SPACE for the full conversation and that's when I get the correct affections.

Zhijn
01.09.2012 , 05:35 PM | #13
Just got Jaesa. Made her dark-side.

Im back on Nar Shaddar (bonus series) and in every conversation whatever i pick she give zero affection on any of the replies. I then picked Vette and began the same dialog with some random quest npc and she gave me her usual -1 for being evil, and +20 for Quinn siding with imperial ect.

But with Jaesa im getting nothing, not even minus affection. She is currently stuck on 136 affection. =/

Olgie
01.09.2012 , 07:22 PM | #14
Yep; I think we have enough to say it's partly (if not moreso) bugged. I can only hope all those affection points are being recorded somewhere so when the bug IS fixed, we get credit for stuff we can't redo. Not that I'd WANT to have to redo a dozen planet's worth of quests on the same character...

Warbec
01.10.2012 , 07:24 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Zhijn View Post
Just got Jaesa. Made her dark-side.

Im back on Nar Shaddar (bonus series) and in every conversation whatever i pick she give zero affection on any of the replies. I then picked Vette and began the same dialog with some random quest npc and she gave me her usual -1 for being evil, and +20 for Quinn siding with imperial ect.

But with Jaesa im getting nothing, not even minus affection. She is currently stuck on 136 affection. =/
Well that my friend is not a problem. She only starts getting affection on the planets you would visit after getting her.
So Nar Shaddaa should be the last planet where she would not gain affection.
On Taris and onward she will gain affection... but remember that her affection is bugged... so you would need to re-start every conversation in order to get the real affection points you should be getting.

Grimgobbler
01.15.2012 , 07:28 AM | #16
I also have the problem with Jaesa not showing any affection to any of my conversations. - Bioware please look into this

Ravenmist
01.15.2012 , 08:27 AM | #17
Had the same issue with Ashara. Getting the +40 affect popups during the dialog but at the end the result window has no affection and no change on her character sheet. Obviously completely bugged, I've lost a LOT of affection with her at this point I'll never get back as a result. Would be great if this could get fixed.
Proud member of Kindred Spirits! A multi game online community of casual gamers!

Kindred/Kindread Spirits is a dual faction guild so people can enjoy everything SW:ToR has to offer! Check us out if you want to learn more.

Dilkin
01.15.2012 , 08:44 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Warbec View Post
About Sith Warrior companion Jaesa Willsaam.
Not getting affection from this companion when I know I have to get affection from her.

I recently got this companion which is my favorite and very likely to be my main companion.
Especially because she likes all my answers... or at least she's supposed to.

I've engaged in a NPC conversation with "Lieutenant Pierce" in the first time I meet him in Taris doing the Sith Warrior Storyline quests.
In the conversation i did not gain any affection from Jaesa and I found that odd but rolled along with it.
A wild PVP match appeared so I cancelled the conversation by hitting "Escape".
After the match I started the conversation again... and 2 answers that were exactly the ones I made previously got 34 Affection from Jaesa.

This also happened another time before when I choose a Darkside option and she did not gain any affection. I hit escape, started the conversation and I finally got affection from choosing the Darkside option.

Please fix this because it is utterly broken and not only me, but many people won't have affection with this companion due to this messed up bug..... and they won't even know about it.

Is anyone else noticed this?
Lmao when I read this title Ithought "things my wife might say...."
Playing MMOs since 1996.

Kevlararena
01.15.2012 , 01:15 PM | #19
+1

Just happened to me as well with Elara Dorne... Anyone hear anything on a fix?

Poganin
01.15.2012 , 01:29 PM | #20
You can add Consular's Qyzen Fess to the list of companions who get no affection gains on Quesh.
Bear Infinitive - the patron saint of translators.