Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Not getting Affection when I know I should

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Not getting Affection when I know I should
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Warbec
01.04.2012 , 10:38 AM | #1
About Sith Warrior companion Jaesa Willsaam.
Not getting affection from this companion when I know I have to get affection from her.

I recently got this companion which is my favorite and very likely to be my main companion.
Especially because she likes all my answers... or at least she's supposed to.

I've engaged in a NPC conversation with "Lieutenant Pierce" in the first time I meet him in Taris doing the Sith Warrior Storyline quests.
In the conversation i did not gain any affection from Jaesa and I found that odd but rolled along with it.
A wild PVP match appeared so I cancelled the conversation by hitting "Escape".
After the match I started the conversation again... and 2 answers that were exactly the ones I made previously got 34 Affection from Jaesa.

This also happened another time before when I choose a Darkside option and she did not gain any affection. I hit escape, started the conversation and I finally got affection from choosing the Darkside option.

Please fix this because it is utterly broken and not only me, but many people won't have affection with this companion due to this messed up bug..... and they won't even know about it.

Is anyone else noticed this?

Warbec
01.04.2012 , 06:17 PM | #2
Did test it again in another quest and Jaesa got 2 answers which improved 34 affection points... but didn't when I chose the darkside option.

Re-started conversation (the one where we can kill the miners before the "General Minst quest", she didn't cared at first, after I hit reset she did gain indeed affection points when I chose darkside.
So once again... this is not a single time bug.

Aliera
01.07.2012 , 04:38 AM | #3
I seem to have similar issues - got a light side Jaena, and on Quesh I did not get a single point of affection even for the answers which gave light side points, and they are probably supposed to give some. Affection with this companion seems to be somewhat broken.

Maddshot
01.08.2012 , 04:02 AM | #4
Having the same issues, she isn't granting affection in ANY conversations for ANY answers.... ugh please fix this.

HillbillySith
01.08.2012 , 04:21 AM | #5
The title of this thread made me think you married my ex-wife, I was all set to give you the workaround I found
Dont run little jedi, you will only die tired and sweaty....Bwahahahaha
If your not a part of the solution...your a part of the body count

HillbillySith
01.08.2012 , 05:37 AM | #6
Really? not even a lol? Tough crowd lol
Dont run little jedi, you will only die tired and sweaty....Bwahahahaha
If your not a part of the solution...your a part of the body count

cerveau
01.08.2012 , 07:20 AM | #7
Ive found if you click your answer before the npc has fully stopped talking
the little icon with the +30 in the bottom left corner doesnt show up.

dont be to quick with the responses.

i know this cos i run BT everyday and know every answer that gets u +30
if im to quick with a response the +30 doesnt show on the screen.

Okazaki
01.08.2012 , 11:02 PM | #8
I wonder if it's just a bug with Jaesa Willsaam on Quesh. I have a darkside Jaesa and have been getting 0 Affection gain as well, even when picking the obviously darkside/evil choices. Has anyone had problems with her outside of Quesh?

Uninvited
01.08.2012 , 11:15 PM | #9
I've got a 38 Juggernaut, and haven't had problems with Jaesa's affection. She's dark-side, and I've always gotten affection. I do admit that there are entire quests where I don't see the affection gain, aside from a couple +34's near the ends of quests, then when I turn it in I get something like +250, meaning that while I didn't SEE the affection gain in convos, I still gained affection with her. It could be an issue with skipping convos with spacebar, or being too quick on the trigger with responses. Try to listen to every convo and wait til they stop speaking, may solve your problem.
Nox aeterna per potestas. En hoc mundis, nox vici todus.

Olgie
01.09.2012 , 12:11 AM | #10
Just to add +1 to this bug, but in addition to what was already posted, I have also noticed sometimes you see the +36 bubble pop up during the conversations, but at the quest completion dialog, there's no affection points from Jaesa and her affection on her character sheet does not change. Once you complete the mission, you can't complete it again to verify the bug.