Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

TD-17A Talon Gear (Moddable)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
TD-17A Talon Gear (Moddable)

Darguth
01.04.2012 , 10:26 AM | #1
Does anyone know where to acquire this gear? It's a light trooper-looking gear that is moddable. I've been hoping to secure some to use for Elara because I don't think my medic needs to be in full, heavy, plastoid armor all the time.

Specifically I'm looking for the head piece (http://www.torhead.com/item/6zgulHi) most of all, since I already have some light-looking chest, legs, and gloves. They don't seem to be sold as specialty or commendation gear, nor do they appear to be crafted. Are they simply world drops?

Also, anyone know of any other light-armor looking modded gear that is somewhat easy to acquire?

Miallen
01.04.2012 , 10:29 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Darguth View Post
Does anyone know where to acquire this gear? It's a light trooper-looking gear that is moddable. I've been hoping to secure some to use for Elara because I don't think my medic needs to be in full, heavy, plastoid armor all the time.

Specifically I'm looking for the head piece (http://www.torhead.com/item/6zgulHi) most of all, since I already have some light-looking chest, legs, and gloves. They don't seem to be sold as specialty or commendation gear, nor do they appear to be crafted. Are they simply world drops?

Also, anyone know of any other light-armor looking modded gear that is somewhat easy to acquire?
If you run out of luck, you may check the Galactic Trade Network. On my server I have seen several helmets and a few pair of leggings posted on there for the past couple days. Pretty reasonably priced as well.

As far as quest drops, aren't those items from Ord?
"Welcome men, you are now part of Operation Human Shield."
Miallen | Merrak | Essani
Outer Rim Templars | Guildmaster
. End Game Ops - PvP - Social - Leveling

Darguth
01.04.2012 , 10:47 AM | #3
Well the head piece I linked requires level 27, so I doubt they're from Ord Mantell.

Miallen
01.04.2012 , 11:07 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Darguth View Post
Well the head piece I linked requires level 27, so I doubt they're from Ord Mantell.
Wouldn't that put it as Nar Shaddaa, or maybe Tatooine? Again, I'm not sure as not a lot of details have been put into one database yet about armors. I've asked the question many times about where people get specific armors from and noone seems to want to give up their "secrets". Sorry I can't be any more help...

My best guess is any of the following 3:
Loot Drops
Quest Rewards
Prototype Storage Cases
"Welcome men, you are now part of Operation Human Shield."
Miallen | Merrak | Essani
Outer Rim Templars | Guildmaster
. End Game Ops - PvP - Social - Leveling

zxcven
01.04.2012 , 12:52 PM | #5
just a heads up, Elara cant wear the TD-17 set. its tagged as "Trooper Only" and apparently Elara doesnt count as a trooper.

Fordel
01.04.2012 , 01:00 PM | #6
All the companions 'class' is actually themselves.

Like, Elara Dorne's class is "Elara Dorne". Mako is a class called "Mako" as far as the game is concerned.

It's how they flag/limit companion gear and stuff.

So yea, Elara isn't a Trooper, she's specced into umm... 'Elara Dorne'.

Mozivicus
01.04.2012 , 01:30 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by zxcven View Post
just a heads up, Elara cant wear the TD-17 set. its tagged as "Trooper Only" and apparently Elara doesnt count as a trooper.
This. I tried to give this gear to Jorgan because I had just picked up a better loot drop for me, and it said "class not trooper" or something like that... don't remember it exactly. I was a tad upset becasue I had specifically been keeping that armor and upgrading the slots to give it to Jorgan or Dorne later down the road.

Darguth
01.04.2012 , 01:56 PM | #8
Blargle!

Well, I'll have to find something else then. I really just want a decent looking, moddable, head piece that shows some of her face since I can't disable her helm from showing. Can she use any of the moddable Jedi head gear maybe?

FallenValkyrja
02.08.2012 , 12:35 PM | #9
I had the jacket drop from a quest turn in on Taris. Picked it up for catguy but yeah, evidently he is not a Trooper. The pants I picked up off of the GTN and I am desperately trying to find the other pieces as well. I like a matching outift. I truly wish that they had allowed us to use a costume creator and then just made the mods as drops. Less Jester and more Super Trooper.

~FV~

Goibhnie
02.08.2012 , 01:23 PM | #10
I don't recall, but can she wear medium armor? If so you might try looking at some of the moddable medium armor for her as much of it is open-faced. I realize you'll lose some armor rating doing this for her, but the rest of the stats don't change. Besides she shouldn't be getting hit anyway