Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Really bad FPS with a high end PC.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Really bad FPS with a high end PC.

Circumventor
01.05.2012 , 02:38 PM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by AceKillsome View Post
I am running win 7 64-bit
Z68 motherboard with i7 2600K with liquid cooling
16gigs of RAM
mirrored pair SSD's (which the game isn't even installed on)
installed on a 3TB seagate
Radeon HD 6970
All settings at full and I have no framerate issues at all.
This game is terribly optimized. Its at least playable on my desktop, but it pisses me off that I can't even play it on my MPB which runs Battlefield 3. Seriously BioWare?

Still a great game though. Worth every penny.

BEViking
01.06.2012 , 05:58 PM | #62
Kind of solved the problem, atleast for me.

My cpu runs at 3.2 Ghz and 6 cores, but i don't know if the game uses all of them.
Anyway, i overclocked my CPU to 4.2 Ghz instead.
Game runs much better now, doesn't drop below 50 in imperial fleet.

But why do you have to OC the CPU to not get fps drops?

TheNinjaboy
01.09.2012 , 11:53 PM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by RageFury View Post
SWTOR is rather poorly optimized right now in terms of player models. I'm running a 3960X (yes, the $1,050 Extreme Edition Sandy Bridge E-Series processor) with 16GB of PC2133 RAM in quad channel and even with two 5870s in Crossfire, my FPS can hit 15-17 for a moment while riding my speeder around Imperial Fleet when it has 250+ people in it.

Basically, they really need to have the client lower the polygon counts on player models when a lot of people are around is what it seems like. At least make the "low" character graphics setting actually work/do something. It makes no difference for me whether it's set to low or high, and I have a very beastly rig.

Actually having the game client use my computer's resources effectively would be a large bump I'm guessing, too. FPS sitting in the 30s or 40s in the busier parts of Imperial Fleet with CPU use averaging 15-20% and GPU use 20-30%? My system is yawning, yet the client's performing horribly. I can start up BF3 and see 40% CPU use and 80%+ GPU use, why are there such big restrictions on the SWTOR client, BioWare?

I realize you want the game to be able to run on machines people paid $500 for six years ago, (which is annoying to those of us that aren't total cheapskates, but whatever, I get it) but there needs to be a "high performance mode" toggle or something. I *WANT* SWTOR to try and rip my machine apart. I use a 120hz 2D mode monitor, (a.k.a., a 3D monitor running in 2D mode @ 120hz) and I'm trying to push a triple-digit frame rate consistently. My rig can more than handle it, but the client is purposely bottlenecking it from what I can tell.
It's like RIFT all over again. lol

Coryrogers
01.11.2012 , 10:44 PM | #64
im running an amd phenom x4 core an i just got me an radeon hd 6870 an im still running 20 fps..when i could easly run 60-70..idk whats going on ive tried uninstalling drives changed settings an nothing im at a loss any advice would be nice..this is the only game ive had this problem with

Sabbatai
01.15.2012 , 03:06 PM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by pudim View Post
Before saying you are having issues, everyone should set the graphics to the lowest possible

I've seen many people complaining about freezes and crash with the graphics on high
Do you honestly believe people have not tried this? Have you not read the posts in this thread that say they have done just that? Did you see the .ini tweak posted that sets it to lower than low?

Thanks for the advice, but why would I have to set the graphics options to lower than my roommate sitting behind me with a freaking mobile integrated graphics solution that gets better framerates than me?

Eightstuns
04.26.2013 , 06:02 PM | #66
I am running:
i7 3930k o/c to 4.2ghz atm.
64gb gskil running at 2400mhz.
2 ssd running in raid 0.
Evga gtx 680 classified x2 running in sli.

I average 30-69 in hutta. That is really odd that it wont stay stable above 60 or at with what I have.

Not a troll.

Anyone figure it out? or is it just the game engine?

OwenBrooks
04.26.2013 , 06:16 PM | #67
First thing to turn off with FPS issues in-game is shadows, so turn shadows to off and see if that helps