Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Really bad FPS with a high end PC.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Really bad FPS with a high end PC.

Zayden
01.05.2012 , 06:28 AM | #41
Lots of ignorant people in this thread yelling troll. I also have a similar computer to OP(2600k 2x580 sli and 8 gig ram) and im having the same problems.

110 fps average in battlefield 3, 50k points 3dmark vantage, over 13k in 3dmark 11 so please dont say it's something wrong with my computer. I have tried everything but nothing makes a difference.

Something is very very wrong with optimization and this game feels like a crappy consol port in it's current state, and no answer from bioware isnt very comforting.

Kinguard
01.05.2012 , 06:34 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by sheethead View Post
Doesn't say much for this game if you can't play with that stuff!

I was thinking about getting a radeon 6950 but if your setup doesn't run this game right then something is wrong with this game, and I'd hate to get a better card and it not run right either.

But what's weird, I got a Phenom II X4 3.2, 8 gigs ram, and a Nvidia GT 430 right now, I get 60 fps at fleet, regardless of population, around 45 to 50 on planets like tatooine or alderaan, and 30 in warzones.
It seems to hit high end rigs only.

Even before the last patch which helped loads ALOT I ran decent to just fine on 3.0 duo core 9800 vid card and 2 gigs of ram.

High end rigs seems to suffer the most.
The brave does not fear the grave.

Neferseki
01.05.2012 , 06:37 AM | #43
as someone mentioned earlier try turning the shadows off completely, there have been lots of reports of it screwing up performance in a huge way.

Sookster
01.05.2012 , 06:38 AM | #44
Since yesterday's patch the game feels like it's going in slow motion when I engage combat against mobs, it takes at least a second longer for specials to fire off.

I have shadows turned off, as well as bloom and depth of field.
Now that GoergZoeller is gone, buff operative.
SWTOR going F2P, now playing SWGemu.

Kinguard
01.05.2012 , 06:39 AM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Zergor View Post
SWTOR is not optimized for windows 7. Run it in XP SP3 compatibility mode, disable aero, you will probably notice a large improvement in speed with high graphics settings on.
He might be right about this. I run this game on XP SP3 cause that is my OS and the game generally always ran fine but how the hell could they miss this important fact??
The brave does not fear the grave.

Niuxuu
01.05.2012 , 06:39 AM | #46
Same problem

GTX 560 Ti
8GB RAM
i5 2.67GHZ (quad)

-> THIS SUCKS BALLS

Elgarr
01.05.2012 , 06:42 AM | #47
What i hate is the ******* fan boys who think everyone is beating on the game, when there are plenty of people with top end machines suffering with very low fps, heck even Gary gannon on Gamebreaker tv cant do wf's due to insanely low fps, he must be a troll on his show that thousands watch lol

It would be nice people stop calling others trolls and they fess up and realise there are some seriously huge problems with the game that prevent a lot of people from playing, dont bash them, help them or dont post at all please.

kmufc
01.05.2012 , 06:47 AM | #48
Another person with a high end rig here.

I have to turn shadows off,or else the game stutters. With shadows off mind i can still get FPS drops and stuttering.

The game runs @ 60 FPS 90% time,but even @ 60 the games still stutters

And like other people ive tried tons of stuff,im far from from stupid when it comes to computers and im positive its not my machine

May i add i have the following MMOs installed on my machine without any stuttering or big FPS drops: aswell as other top single player titles.

Rift

ST Online

LOTR Online

Eve

AOC

Starcraft

WOW

DC Universe

Champions Onine

pudim
01.05.2012 , 06:49 AM | #49
Before saying you are having issues, everyone should set the graphics to the lowest possible

I've seen many people complaining about freezes and crash with the graphics on high

Tingods
01.05.2012 , 06:50 AM | #50
So why is my FPS worse than ever today. O yea there was a patch. Getting to the stage where I want me monies back now. Dont forget this game was sold as playable on non state of the art computers.
I haven't had so much fun since my barium enema