Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

i don't understand how people can Say "No addons" no one i forcing you to use them

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
i don't understand how people can Say "No addons" no one i forcing you to use them

Kunitsukami
01.04.2012 , 07:06 PM | #21
There's no such thing as "not being forced to use them". As soon as add ons are made available they will completely infect the mindset of the game and anyone not using them will be outcast. They become the simplest and laziest way to make decisions on people and therefore anyone not using them will be unable to join raids or groups or guilds. You can be just as elite a player doing just as well but be much more intuitive in the mechanics of a fight without add ons as you don't get the people who just stare at dps meters or threat meters or waiting for an add-on to tell them to move out of the fire instead of just watching the fight and moving when they should.
Worship the mighty Hutt planet leaders! Moving incredibly slowly with their tiny arms and huge body mass which is easy to hit with any weapon!

tXHereticXt
01.04.2012 , 07:08 PM | #22
So basically give a normal person an add-on and they turn into a jerk. Yeah, that's not how it works at all. People who are being ******es will be ******es with or without - just look around and you'll see it at this very moment. Add-ons wont change that.

I'm neither for nor religiously against add-ons. I don't see a particular need to have them where as I prefer common sense but to each their own.

Vankris
01.04.2012 , 07:12 PM | #23
it's not even a thing

mod and addon for the game will happen, it's a garanty, just a question of time.
What i don't understand is why people are so affraid of? addons only exist to enhanced gameplay experience, enhanced pleasure and performance.

anyway, it's an MMO game, not a single player game, mod will happen.

KretanMelithorn
01.04.2012 , 07:17 PM | #24
Mods (except UI mods) didn't enhance anything for me.

I hope they keep them out.

Steelyeye
01.04.2012 , 07:17 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Krazzo View Post
I could flip 90% of this post by adding in reason why addons SHOULD be used. How do you know the raiders are good or bad without a way to track how they use their abilities or how they died so quickly on a pull? People look at this as a negative, "don't tell me how to play", but you only learn by making mistakes. There are always the select scrub out there that posts his damage meter on a trash pack or a Flashpoint/dungeon.. but honestly.. that's the same kid that makes your mom jokes on xbox live when he has a kill ratio of 1 to 22.
The tanks are tanking, the healers are healing, DPS'ers are killing things, no wipes....good raid.

Why do you or anyone need to track anything if everything is working smoothly? Back in the old days before addons, we had to activitly search and try out new guilds or groups to find players that knew what the heck they were doing. The good raiders would be known on servers and they would stick together by world of mouth. No one cared if your rogue was the top DPS in a group, just as long as he knew what he was doing.

As for the your mom jokes, well if they could invent an addon to detect maturity levels you would be rich, and I would use it!
"The first thing an agent develops is an immunity to guilt" Rassad, Imperial Intelligence - (Ebon Hawk)

tXHereticXt
01.04.2012 , 07:19 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Steelyeye View Post
The tanks are tanking, the healers are healing, DPS'ers are killing things, no wipes....good raid.
Pretty much my argument.

Should be kind of obvious, if a mob's health isn't dropping you're doing something wrong.... unless if it's Revan lolololol

Krazzo
01.04.2012 , 07:37 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Steelyeye View Post

Why do you or anyone need to track anything if everything is working smoothly? Back in the old days before addons, we had to activitly search and try out new guilds or groups to find players that knew what the heck they were doing. The good raiders would be known on servers and they would stick together by world of mouth. No one cared if your rogue was the top DPS in a group, just as long as he knew what he was doing.

As for the your mom jokes, well if they could invent an addon to detect maturity levels you would be rich, and I would use it!
Now I didn't play EQ but I started MMO's with WoW, and even when we played early early on in MC, BWL, ZG, AQ20/40 and Naxx.. we still used Damage Meters to track play style of DPS and Healers. WoW has had addon's since shortly after release.. The game nearly never went without. Now they weren't as wide spread as they became in TBC, but they were there. Many of the leaders in the guilds at the time were already using them to critique the game play of others. Someone is always watching when there is a way.. Many of us did care as many of us were progression oriented guilds. Now there was no DBM or the like at the time.. but the fights were more gear based and not skill based. Tanking with backs to walls, wearing the right amount of resistance, basically.. just staying alive. AQ40 and Naxx were the first DPS races we ever really truely saw.

All I'm saying is these are GREAT tools for a raid leader and even personal use. I used to spend hours on a target dummy, Dr. Boom or running dungeons trying to perfect my rotations and gear sets. Can't do that without mods.. we then play a guessing game and break out the old stopwatch again.

Tricsun
01.04.2012 , 07:38 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by lendaugy View Post
if im not forced to use an addon... than why if they were released would people be saying you must have X or Y Dps.. and Z or Q Healing.... or you cant run with us... Thats forcing people to have addons so they can know their Number of dps or heals
Because on some fights, if you don't have X or Y DPS, you wipe. Enrage timers.

Quote:
There's no such thing as "not being forced to use them". As soon as add ons are made available they will completely infect the mindset of the game and anyone not using them will be outcast. They become the simplest and laziest way to make decisions on people and therefore anyone not using them will be unable to join raids or groups or guilds. You can be just as elite a player doing just as well but be much more intuitive in the mechanics of a fight without add ons as you don't get the people who just stare at dps meters or threat meters or waiting for an add-on to tell them to move out of the fire instead of just watching the fight and moving when they should.
Just tell people you have the addons. They wont know. If you do good DPS, you're fine, if you do bad DPS, you'll get called out on it. Then you know you should improve.

Xexo
01.04.2012 , 08:40 PM | #29
What I find hilarious is that people are like "the majority don't want addons and won't use them, don't do it bioware!!".

Then there are people saying "you WILL be forced to use addons cos guilds will require you to use them".

Solution: Join a guild that doesn't require addons. Should be easy to find, since ya know... the majority of players don't want them.

chrismgtis
01.04.2012 , 09:03 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by BoredOfMMOS View Post
we need addons its personal preference why does the way we play bother you?
is your small brain unable to figure out how they work?
are you really bad and don't want people to be even better?
the UI is horrible hopefully they allow some and i can make my own personal UI.

So explain to me why you dont want addons because it just makes little sense
Maybe you should ask yourself why you're so unintelligent that you need addons to make a simple game playable. There's no need for addons. Quit crying.

You people just want to give others crap for having lower DPS than you etc. That's ALL there is to it. Move on. We don't need you trolls in our game.