Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

i don't understand how people can Say "No addons" no one i forcing you to use them

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
i don't understand how people can Say "No addons" no one i forcing you to use them

Nexxa's Avatar


Nexxa
01.08.2012 , 10:46 AM | #91
As I've said before... I have no problem with, ah, hardcore PvErs who need their training wheels and waterwings but if the game starts becoming balanced around these crutches I'll become a lot less tolerant of these 'hardcore' PvErs.
"Here's a free hamburger! Enjoy yourself." "You're being greedy! I want fries too!" Sounds silly doesn't it?

DarthWalt's Avatar


DarthWalt
01.08.2012 , 11:03 AM | #92
Because the game doesnt force us to the community on the other hand forces pointless add on down your throat every second of everyday.


Be it the Epeen fight with the DPS meter or the lack of MODs keeping you out of groups no matter how you look at it you as a player in a game with third party add ons you are infact forced to use them.


Mind you I dont see an issue with add on that are made by or supported by BW. But I will now and forever reject third party add ons in this or any game because they ruin the community not only do they support and fester an elietest jerk mentality they are the #2 if not #1 source account hacking.

The reason people want add on is because they were needed to bypass very poor game mechs and lazy programing in order to make things seem hard. Every single raid style fight in WoW was a gimmick fight. It had soemthing that would or could wipe the group and gave you no grafix effect sound effect or in game warning it forced you to get these add on or go out of your way with insane manual calculation that would make them inposable with out these add ons.

This game is not like that and there for they are not needed.

RachelAnne's Avatar


RachelAnne
01.08.2012 , 11:25 AM | #93
The elitist behaivour that comes along with addons is the main problem.

Wow has proven that point more than enough. A lovely game at vanilla has become a game full of insults, hate and kicking. A small minority of elitists rule the game now - its a pain

MercArcher's Avatar


MercArcher
01.08.2012 , 11:32 AM | #94
People like the game to be dumbed down for some reason, and not having addons dumbs the game down.

Addons make it so the developers are forced to develop harder encounters, and people who are anti-addon are completely against that.

People who want addons like the customization and more difficult game play.

People who don't want addons prefer easier content that they can be carried through.
-«« CONŠEMNEŠ »»-
A NA TEAM PVP & RAID FOCUSED GUILD
Θ SITE POLICIES YOUTUBE Θ

MercArcher's Avatar


MercArcher
01.08.2012 , 11:35 AM | #95
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthWalt View Post
Mind you I dont see an issue with add on that are made by or supported by BW. But I will now and forever reject third party add ons in this or any game because they ruin the community not only do they support and fester an elietest jerk mentality they are the #2 if not #1 source account hacking.
This is completely wrong and shows how little you know about addons.

First of all, EVERY SINGLE ADDON EVER MADE FOR WOW was supported by Blizzard because it used the API that Blizzard created to allow for addons. Addon's can't do anything over what blizzard allows them to do.


Second the reason accounts are hacked are replying to phishing emails, using the same PW everywhere, and having poor overall computer security. I used 100+ addons at any given time over 6 years and through healthy computer safety I was never hacked a single time on WoW.

99% of the time it's the account owners fault that they got hacked.
-«« CONŠEMNEŠ »»-
A NA TEAM PVP & RAID FOCUSED GUILD
Θ SITE POLICIES YOUTUBE Θ

ross_deutsch's Avatar


ross_deutsch
01.08.2012 , 11:36 AM | #96
I would like a UI addon such as the bartender4 type set up where you can move your bars at least.

Everything else is like people say, user pref.
Not my pwobwem

MercArcher's Avatar


MercArcher
01.08.2012 , 11:43 AM | #97
Quote: Originally Posted by Nexxa View Post
As I've said before... I have no problem with, ah, hardcore PvErs who need their training wheels and waterwings but if the game starts becoming balanced around these crutches I'll become a lot less tolerant of these 'hardcore' PvErs.
So basically you want bioware to develop easier content so you can stay competitive with the addon users? No thanks I prefer a challenging game.
-«« CONŠEMNEŠ »»-
A NA TEAM PVP & RAID FOCUSED GUILD
Θ SITE POLICIES YOUTUBE Θ

JaspahX's Avatar


JaspahX
01.08.2012 , 11:49 AM | #98
Quote: Originally Posted by MercArcher View Post
So basically you want bioware to develop easier content so you can stay competitive with the addon users? No thanks I prefer a challenging game.
Sounds like he just wants to press random buttons on his bar and hope for the best while his raid carries him through.

I, for one, enjoy the ability to see how well my damage or healing does respective to my fellow raiders.
Major Jaspah Wel
Republic Gunnery Commando, level 50
<Redux>

Kyryck's Avatar


Kyryck
01.08.2012 , 12:09 PM | #99
Quote: Originally Posted by MercArcher View Post
This is completely wrong and shows how little you know about addons.

First of all, EVERY SINGLE ADDON EVER MADE FOR WOW was supported by Blizzard because it used the API that Blizzard created to allow for addons. Addon's can't do anything over what blizzard allows them to do.

Incorrect. There were addons throughout the life of WoW that were beyond what Blizzard was prepared to support. At several times addons were banned and code rewritten by the developers to disallow their use, specifically because the developers stated that the addons made the content too easy.

As well, arguing that a positive supporting attitude is given to something simply because somebody created something that doesn't specifically disallow certain things is faulty logic in the extreme.

Quote:
So basically you want bioware to develop easier content so you can stay competitive with the addon users? No thanks I prefer a challenging game.
In no way does the creation or noncreation of addons create a challenging atmosphere for a game. While some addons are indeed helpful in streamlining aspects of the game and allowing developers to create content that is more complex in scale, other addons specifically go against this goal and result in the content becoming less challenging not more so.

The argument of addons or not is more about people's own preconceptions than it is about the reality of game design and challenge. A final point though: for those who shriek about simply not using something, that is a logical fallacy. You can't simply claim that something is justified in creation or inclusion simply because it has the option to not be used.

MercArcher's Avatar


MercArcher
01.08.2012 , 12:13 PM | #100
Quote: Originally Posted by Kyryck View Post
Incorrect. There were addons throughout the life of WoW that were beyond what Blizzard was prepared to support. At several times addons were banned and code rewritten by the developers to disallow their use, specifically because the developers stated that the addons made the content too easy.
This is how they supported them. Blizzard controls what is allowed under the API, they allowed for all the addons that existed at some point, if like you said they didn't like something they removed it from the API. This is a perfect example of how blizzard did support addons, thank you for strengthening my argument.
-«« CONŠEMNEŠ »»-
A NA TEAM PVP & RAID FOCUSED GUILD
Θ SITE POLICIES YOUTUBE Θ