Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

No matter what the price of an item is...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
No matter what the price of an item is...

dracophoenix
12.13.2011 , 02:02 PM | #31
I am really okay with this. If gouging goes on, I sell whatever I put on the AH quickly. If they price x at 5000 credits and I throw it on for 4500, it will sell from someone either buying it at the lower price or the gouger swooping it up. Either way, they are effectively setting a price for a product. If it isn't worth that price, then no one will buy it, regardless of how they achieved that price point.

ortluk
12.13.2011 , 03:46 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by ialsoagree View Post
Aethos, I still don't agree. Gold farmers are going to be challenged in corning the market due to community.

If gold farmers insist on raising AH prices, most players will turn to guilds to buy materials, and gold farmers will go broke buying up materials and listing them at prices no one will pay because they have cheaper alternatives.
Actually gold farmers Don't generally inflate the prices, they operate in bulk at below market value so they sell alot. thus making it difficult to sell these items for a profit. that's the biggest damage i've seen from gold farmers

Arrys
12.13.2011 , 04:09 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Aethos View Post
I know it's sound ideology, but a completely free market will inflate to the degree that a person can feasibly farm resources and credits in a day's time. This creates a market of opportunity for the "gold farmers" and for people that play all day long.
Technically their advantage comes from linking to the real world economy which enables price inflation within the game as by enabling in game money purchase with out of game resources you increase the pool of people in-game able to pay the exorbitant prices.

If one could prevent credit sales the economy would not inflate much beyond the reasonable means of an average player to purchase, It's only by those players leveraging real world economics that the inflation can be succesful.