Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Opening rotation for aoe threat (?)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Opening rotation for aoe threat (?)

Louki
01.04.2012 , 06:24 AM | #1
Hi guys

Just want to know what is your rotation when you want to get aoe threat as quick as possible at the start of the fight.

Im playing a vanguard main for now but i would like to try all tanking classes as well so feedbacks for all classes are welcome

DarrkLore
01.04.2012 , 08:45 AM | #2
I'm a Powertech and I always use Death from Above (Mortar Volley I believe for Vanguards) to open with if it's available.
ε╬╣!!!!╠▀▀{}▀(████████████████████████████████████████)

MrSteak
01.04.2012 , 09:27 AM | #3
As an assassin, I have my Discharge, an AOE taunt, and Lacerate if they're close enough together. Discharge, spam lacerate, be ready to taunt (and spam lacerate more) if one gets away.

It's kinda fun do be doing a little lightsaber breakdance in the middle of a group of baddies with lightning and explosions all around you...

Fnordic
01.04.2012 , 03:03 PM | #4
When possible, I like Death From Above/Jet Charge on the main boss/Flame Sweep.

catbond
01.05.2012 , 09:04 AM | #5
Provided I can get the DPS to sit still for long enough...

Saber Throw > Force Charge > Smash > Sweeping Slash xx Enrage > Sweeping Slash > Sweeping Slash

But most of the time I find this isn't necessary since I can usually hold the strongest 2 mobs and rely on my guildies to intelligently burn down the weaker ones.

BardaTheHobo
01.06.2012 , 01:30 PM | #6
Mortar volley is what i open up with as a vanguard then it varies from there but i basicaly use mostly aoe abilites and only single target on bosses/elites. I cant think of ability names atm