Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Wondering who's getting in when? CHECK HERE.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Wondering who's getting in when? CHECK HERE.

PatrikS's Avatar


PatrikS
12.16.2011 , 09:25 AM | #2711
An update from Bioware would be nice right about now...

They know that just about everyone who has no gotten in yet is sitting here like a kid
the day before christmas, staring at the chimney.

A "we're ironing out some server issues at the moment, we'll get the second wave out
as soon as we can", would suffice.

Miotoss's Avatar


Miotoss
12.16.2011 , 09:26 AM | #2712
Quote: Originally Posted by Omerin View Post
I guess the invites for today are over we will have to come back tomorrow.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=26745

"Hello again all -

We're finished with invite waves for today. The servers are filling up, player populations are growing, and we're monitoring the influx of players carefully. More servers will be opened up as we need them.

We're expecting queues, and at peak times you should be too. That's normal for a large-scale MMO launch, as the initial rush of players hit the servers at the same time. If you don't want to queue to play, it's best to try and login at non-peak hours - or possibly play on a different server. We understand the frustration that queuing can cause, and we're working to minimize, but a certain amount of queuing is to be expected during Early Game Access and launch.

Looking forward to tomorrow, I wanted to try and explain the invite 'pattern' you've seen this week. It can be confusing, because we've been inviting a growing number of people on a daily basis, but the timing of people's code redemptions might not seem to match.

It goes back to our pre-order redemption numbers. Our graph of redeemed pre-order codes looks like two mountains with a flat plain in-between, basically. There's a massive peak from back in July (when we announced pre-orders) and a smaller, but growing peak at the end (recently). In the middle, there was a long period where the numbers of people redeeming pre-order codes were steady, but lower.

Now, we've been inviting large numbers of people every day, with more being invited day-on-day. What that has meant is, because of the pattern of pre-order codes being redeemed, on Day One of Early Game Access, we invited a lot of people who had redeemed over a short span of time (late July). Yesterday and today, we invited a lot of people but over a larger span of time (all the way to early December).

The question I know a lot of you have is, why haven't we yet invited those who redeemed very recently? The answer is because of the volume of recent pre-orders that have been redeemed, which is spiking up very high. So, a lot of people have redeemed in a short period of time. Essentially we're in the same place we were on the 13th, where we invited a lot of people, but most had redeemed in the same short period of time.

TL;DR - We've seen a LOT of pre-orders redeemed in the last couple of weeks, and that means that even though we're really close (in date terms) to getting everyone in, we couldn't quite do it today.

Tomorrow's invite waves start at 8AM CST, and I'll start another thread then to track progress."
This is from yesterday
CINNAMON BITS

Aurinax's Avatar


Aurinax
12.16.2011 , 09:27 AM | #2713
Quote: Originally Posted by Omerin View Post
*Unnecessary Stephen Reid quote from yesterday*
That is yesterday's thread. They are absolutely not done with invites yet today. Please edit that post immediately to remove it all before a LOT of people get pissed off unnecessarily.

EDIT: Too late

Vsah's Avatar


Vsah
12.16.2011 , 09:27 AM | #2714
That was at 12:03am , regarding yesterdays invites, think......

MarrowVar's Avatar


MarrowVar
12.16.2011 , 09:27 AM | #2715
Quote: Originally Posted by Omerin View Post
I guess the invites for today are over we will have to come back tomorrow.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=26745

"Hello again all -

We're finished with invite waves for today. The servers are filling up, player populations are growing, and we're monitoring the influx of players carefully. More servers will be opened up as we need them.

We're expecting queues, and at peak times you should be too. That's normal for a large-scale MMO launch, as the initial rush of players hit the servers at the same time. If you don't want to queue to play, it's best to try and login at non-peak hours - or possibly play on a different server. We understand the frustration that queuing can cause, and we're working to minimize, but a certain amount of queuing is to be expected during Early Game Access and launch.

Looking forward to tomorrow, I wanted to try and explain the invite 'pattern' you've seen this week. It can be confusing, because we've been inviting a growing number of people on a daily basis, but the timing of people's code redemptions might not seem to match.

It goes back to our pre-order redemption numbers. Our graph of redeemed pre-order codes looks like two mountains with a flat plain in-between, basically. There's a massive peak from back in July (when we announced pre-orders) and a smaller, but growing peak at the end (recently). In the middle, there was a long period where the numbers of people redeeming pre-order codes were steady, but lower.

Now, we've been inviting large numbers of people every day, with more being invited day-on-day. What that has meant is, because of the pattern of pre-order codes being redeemed, on Day One of Early Game Access, we invited a lot of people who had redeemed over a short span of time (late July). Yesterday and today, we invited a lot of people but over a larger span of time (all the way to early December).

The question I know a lot of you have is, why haven't we yet invited those who redeemed very recently? The answer is because of the volume of recent pre-orders that have been redeemed, which is spiking up very high. So, a lot of people have redeemed in a short period of time. Essentially we're in the same place we were on the 13th, where we invited a lot of people, but most had redeemed in the same short period of time.

TL;DR - We've seen a LOT of pre-orders redeemed in the last couple of weeks, and that means that even though we're really close (in date terms) to getting everyone in, we couldn't quite do it today.

Tomorrow's invite waves start at 8AM CST, and I'll start another thread then to track progress."


... ROFL ... hey bud read the date on top that's from Dec 15th ..... and has a link on the page for todays....

GWMacD's Avatar


GWMacD
12.16.2011 , 09:27 AM | #2716
Quote: Originally Posted by Omerin View Post
I guess the invites for today are over we will have to come back tomorrow.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=26745

"Hello again all -

We're finished with invite waves for today. The servers are filling up, player populations are growing, and we're monitoring the influx of players carefully. More servers will be opened up as we need them.

We're expecting queues, and at peak times you should be too. That's normal for a large-scale MMO launch, as the initial rush of players hit the servers at the same time. If you don't want to queue to play, it's best to try and login at non-peak hours - or possibly play on a different server. We understand the frustration that queuing can cause, and we're working to minimize, but a certain amount of queuing is to be expected during Early Game Access and launch.

Looking forward to tomorrow, I wanted to try and explain the invite 'pattern' you've seen this week. It can be confusing, because we've been inviting a growing number of people on a daily basis, but the timing of people's code redemptions might not seem to match.

It goes back to our pre-order redemption numbers. Our graph of redeemed pre-order codes looks like two mountains with a flat plain in-between, basically. There's a massive peak from back in July (when we announced pre-orders) and a smaller, but growing peak at the end (recently). In the middle, there was a long period where the numbers of people redeeming pre-order codes were steady, but lower.

Now, we've been inviting large numbers of people every day, with more being invited day-on-day. What that has meant is, because of the pattern of pre-order codes being redeemed, on Day One of Early Game Access, we invited a lot of people who had redeemed over a short span of time (late July). Yesterday and today, we invited a lot of people but over a larger span of time (all the way to early December).

The question I know a lot of you have is, why haven't we yet invited those who redeemed very recently? The answer is because of the volume of recent pre-orders that have been redeemed, which is spiking up very high. So, a lot of people have redeemed in a short period of time. Essentially we're in the same place we were on the 13th, where we invited a lot of people, but most had redeemed in the same short period of time.

TL;DR - We've seen a LOT of pre-orders redeemed in the last couple of weeks, and that means that even though we're really close (in date terms) to getting everyone in, we couldn't quite do it today.

Tomorrow's invite waves start at 8AM CST, and I'll start another thread then to track progress."
That was posted at 12:03 am in regards to yesterdays waves

Brene's Avatar


Brene
12.16.2011 , 09:27 AM | #2717
Quote: Originally Posted by PatrikS View Post
An update from Bioware would be nice right about now...

They know that just about everyone who has no gotten in yet is sitting here like a kid
the day before christmas, staring at the chimney.

A "we're ironing out some server issues at the moment, we'll get the second wave out
as soon as we can", would suffice.
From what I've gathered how they have handled everything to this point, we will receive NO official communication from BioWare EVER in the history of the game.

Naterrage's Avatar


Naterrage
12.16.2011 , 09:30 AM | #2718
and you all just got pwned... trollololololololol
~~~~~~~~

Churick's Avatar


Churick
12.16.2011 , 09:31 AM | #2719
Phew...i almost spat teeth

AnakItoerew's Avatar


AnakItoerew
12.16.2011 , 09:31 AM | #2720
Quote: Originally Posted by Brene View Post
From what I've gathered how they have handled everything to this point, we will receive NO official communication from BioWare EVER in the history of the game.
And that's how SOE handled everything with SWG. I guess history does repeat itself. Too bad
Former resident of Ketemoor and a refugee on Starsider. Both deemed uninhabitable. Saught asylum on Vornskr... Kicked out Vornskr. Now reside on The Harbinger.
Xario Itoerew - Master Medic/BM & Self-Hating Jedi. I miss my Kimo Hedwig!!!
Anak Itoerew - Retired Armorsmith & Officer