Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Whats a flashpoint? (impossible to find group)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Whats a flashpoint? (impossible to find group)

Bejita
01.04.2012 , 04:56 AM | #1
Whats a flashpoint, you mean Black Talon?

1. No guilds want dps for heroics, the population right now is 95% dps 5% healer/tanks

2. Search engine sucks, it only shows a huge list of people and doesnt find people who are all over the world who want to do the flashpoint but dont feel like siting next to the instance for 5 hours

3. no LFD, cry all you want about how fun WoW became after the Dungeon finder killed the need to sit in town spaming LFG in trade chat, but it has become a neccessity to have a dungeon finder in todays MMO gaming model, 95% people play dps , so 95% of spam in chat is going be LF1M Healer, and it become impossible to get groups

4. 4 Person teams, double you Tea F, what were you thinking BIoware? now even LESS dps can get in a group and the disparity of healers and tanks becomes even larger

start adding extra rewards for tanking and healing, add dual spec, add dungeon finder, or you will soon start finding people geting bored of playing Huttball for the five hundredth time and just quiting your game

djukger
01.04.2012 , 05:06 AM | #2
So maybe use your Tank/Healing specc if you have one ^^ ?

Most Classes have one, but if you only want to play DPS when you can specc otherwise you are just a bad player who just wants to slack off.

FuzzPop
01.04.2012 , 05:13 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by djukger View Post
So maybe use your Tank/Healing specc if you have one ^^ ?

Most Classes have one, but if you only want to play DPS when you can specc otherwise you are just a bad player who just wants to slack off.
...and incur a hefty respec fee out of desperation to form a group? that's exactly what you do, everytime you run a flashpoint(right?)

sharbat
01.04.2012 , 05:22 AM | #4
There is an easy solution: find friends to go to your fp.

I am leveling as a healer and i have a tank friend, we just invite randoms. We have a fp group going in 5 minute tops.

If you want to play dps from 1-50 and don't want to get friends, just skip flashpoints all together if you can't bear long searches.

Seriously, the time where you get something for nothing is over.
Demokratie ist es, wenn fünf Füchse und ein Hase abstimmen, was es zum Abendessen gibt. Freiheit wäre es, wenn der Hase eine Schrotflinte hätte.

LegitChOObz
01.04.2012 , 05:25 AM | #5
im a healer and it pwns, but i havnt had a problem finding groups. if you need an easy way just join a guild and get people to help you from there.

Innocenta
01.04.2012 , 05:31 AM | #6
I think with the current situation people will be forced to play tank /healer more and those classed get more appreciation. I like the way that it is now reminds me of vanilla. I hope there will never be any LFG tool ever.

One thing that I do dislike currently is the high cost of respeccing. I have respect back and forth with my healer about 5 times now and its getting ridiculous. I know that 25k is nothing at end level but at end level I dont need to respec I need it while levelling... So that i can heal FP`s and dps levelling. On the other hand as a sorcerer I can level just as easy while specced healing.

/Isa.

Dothar
01.04.2012 , 05:38 AM | #7
Again... MMOs are suppose to be social games. It's call making friends in case your wondering. Dungeon Finder... 95% are dps... well think 50% of your group is dps... 25% is tank and heal... who has the better odds of finding a FP group? LOL just because you picked the same thing 95% of everyone else picked you feel the game is unbalanced for dps? sorry can't help but laugh.

Innocenta
01.04.2012 , 05:41 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Dothar View Post
Again... MMOs are suppose to be social games. It's call making friends in case your wondering. Dungeon Finder... 95% are dps... well think 50% of your group is dps... 25% is tank and heal... who has the better odds of finding a FP group? LOL just because you picked the same thing 95% of everyone else picked you feel the game is unbalanced for dps? sorry can't help but laugh.

So true.

Brista
01.04.2012 , 05:51 AM | #9
These same old responses are getting awfully tired. Get a guild, find friends, re-spec or re-roll healer.

In the end players will gravitate towards what works simplest for them and what I've done is cancel, to possibly come back when there's a LFD tool in the game.

I could build up social contacts but I'm just not that enthusiastic. I could wait at the zone in spamming for hours but I don't enjoy that. I actually have re-rolled but it's just as bad. My friend and I did Black Talon as tank and healer with level 11s and we couldn't fill the group (on one of the heaviest populated servers).

Also if you step back from individual solutions you'll see that the system is flawed. If the spread is 5% tanks, 5% healers, 90% dps then the best grouping outcome is that 20% of players can find groups and 80% of players can't even with perfect communication.

Anyway I've canceled. SWTOR is a good massively single player game but I'm just not that into single player games any more.

Innocenta
01.04.2012 , 06:04 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Brista View Post
These same old responses are getting awfully tired. Get a guild, find friends, re-spec or re-roll healer.

In the end players will gravitate towards what works simplest for them and what I've done is cancel, to possibly come back when there's a LFD tool in the game.

I could build up social contacts but I'm just not that enthusiastic. I could wait at the zone in spamming for hours but I don't enjoy that. I actually have re-rolled but it's just as bad. My friend and I did Black Talon as tank and healer with level 11s and we couldn't fill the group (on one of the heaviest populated servers).

Also if you step back from individual solutions you'll see that the system is flawed. If the spread is 5% tanks, 5% healers, 90% dps then the best grouping outcome is that 20% of players can find groups and 80% of players can't even with perfect communication.

Anyway I've canceled. SWTOR is a good massively single player game but I'm just not that into single player games any more.
That is your right. The game is as it is and you either accept it or you dont.
Have fun playing another game.

/isa.