Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Help me decide on what class to commit to please!!!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Help me decide on what class to commit to please!!!

Davestaa
01.04.2012 , 12:01 AM | #1
Hi, I have a level 25 bounty hunter merc and a level 20 IA sniper. I can't decide what class to commit too, and dont want to go back and forth level each one. My goal is to DPS end game content. I loved being a range DPS, i.e. a hunter in WOW. Anyone capped level in any of these class have a opinion or recommendation of what class to commit too? Any help would be appreciated!

Namw
01.04.2012 , 12:08 AM | #2
Why don't you just heal as a merc and dps as an imperial agent? (Nothing wrong with dps as both either, they're gonna have dual spec eventually)

Nothing wrong with leveling multiple characters at the same time, this game is meant for having alt's.

PaintOnASign
01.04.2012 , 04:35 AM | #3
I have a 37 Commando, 27 Shadow, 20 Mercenary, and 20 Scoundrel... I'm just like you! lol

Anyway, I've settled on Bounty Hunter (Yes, I'm aware Commando = Mercenary, we just recently switched servers and went Empire). I prefer having options. I love to heal, and I love to DPS, I get the best of both worlds as a Merc.

I tend to stay away from classes like Sniper or Marauder because you'll always be locked in that DPS role. But if thats your thing, then take it by the horns and go with it. On the plus side, pure DPS AC's tend to have at least one viable DPS specc in case another specc gets nerfed. :P

crisscutfries
01.06.2012 , 12:08 PM | #4
Same boat... 26 Vanguard, 16 Guardian... can't decide. Commander Shepard or Solid Snake