Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Loot rules? need and greed with companions

12.13.2011 , 12:22 PM | #61
I will have a macro for people who I wont bring on my mumble server stating"Need for yourself, not companion; if noone needs then you can have it for your companion. If you don't follow this rule you will be instantly kicked from group, thanks for your time"

If they don't like it, then they can find a diff group.

12.13.2011 , 12:30 PM | #62
Hope they make companion loot (players cant use it) and players loot (companion cant use it), and gone is the probleme.

12.13.2011 , 12:47 PM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by Ronaldius View Post
Hope they make companion loot (players cant use it) and players loot (companion cant use it), and gone is the probleme.
Yup agree with this ^^^^^^^^ Flag items for companions only and player only. The only problem with this is creating more loot and changing loot tables. It already exists with weapons so it shouldn't be too hard to impliment
Squadron 11.11.11

12.13.2011 , 12:47 PM | #64
companion=greed(or you ask before you Need for your companion)
The order in which you will gain entry into EGA is dependent on how early you burned your Pre-Order Code. The earlier you burned your Pre-Order Code, the earlier you will be granted entry into EGA.

12.13.2011 , 12:57 PM | #65
Bioware just need to Block the need/greed system in some way, first those who can use the items. then the rest.

12.13.2011 , 01:04 PM | #66
Quote: Originally Posted by Juromaro View Post
I'm more worried about SC/JC rolling on SW/JK gear and vice versa than people rolling on companion gear.

And yes given the amount of time I will spend with a companion in this game if my companion needs it and no one else is rolling need I will roll on it. Nothing like having an undergeared tank companion when your trying to quest against gold elites.
I was a SI in beta, from the drops I got I could only equip light so it was pointless rolling on heavy. I'm not sure if the Sw can wear light though so that might make it more likely that it happens that way round.

The other thing is the reverse engineering, I as a synthweaver will be doing FP a few times with my groups if possible so that I get a chance to reverse engineer stuff so that I get better recipes.

Note this will only work if you do the instance a few times and state upfront that you want to do this, but will only roll if others don't need the gear. * Or go with a group of friends and kit them out first *
Empire Rp/PvP
[Recruitment Thread]

12.13.2011 , 01:07 PM | #67
Quote: Originally Posted by Cichard View Post
companion=greed(or you ask before you Need for your companion)
In my opinion, if you diverge from this you're a ninja.

I think I'll ask my group members before we begin this question, just to avoid miscommunications. If they say Need for companions, they'll be short 1 healer.
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.

12.13.2011 , 01:07 PM | #68
Quote: Originally Posted by bennyrosso View Post
So the companion is actually really important?
I mean, as much as me?
Is fine for me as far as other ppl are ok with that.
You will never use your companion in Flashpoints or in Operations so don't worry about loot rules, for there will be none.
Please do not post in a font size that is considered to be disruptive and is used only to fill a page. This too is considered spam.

12.13.2011 , 03:08 PM | #69
Quote: Originally Posted by Millerbros View Post
Just consider the companion as an extension of your own character. If your companion needs it then you need it.
Have to disagree. If an item drops and no one needs, and if no one minds, then by all means, hit need. Needing heavy* armor over the Jugg, BH, Trooper, or Guard** in your group for your companion is just wrong, though.

*insert any armor type
**insert any class that wears the armor typ you listed
You can learn all the math in the 'Verse, but you take a boat in the air that you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as a turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' before she keels. Makes her a home. - Mal Reynolds

12.13.2011 , 03:12 PM | #70
If my companion doesn't have it, I'm rolling for it. My companion is an extension of my character. If my companion has it, I'm not rolling.

they should just bring back loot containers.
Don't take me too seriously, I don't