Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Loot rules? need and greed with companions

DeeDawg
12.13.2011 , 09:48 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Millerbros View Post
Just consider the companion as an extension of your own character. If your companion needs it then you need it.
hope you're not on my server. Needing for a companion is an insta-kick from most groups.

stargardian
12.13.2011 , 09:48 AM | #22
they really need to put in a seperate roll function for campanions a campanion need is over a regular greed and a regular need is over companion need and also allow in dungeon trading of drops so if someone "ninjas" somehtiing from you for their companion you can trade it and what not

Jholiday
12.13.2011 , 09:52 AM | #23
I think this is going to be a hot issue in game. As I see it , should be simple. If the loot is for your player character click need. If for a companion, click greed. Every class has a whole bunch of companions that they can summon at will (all with different gear needs), there for everyone needs everything for all their companions. So .. simple, equip your toon, greed on everything else. Set the expectation at group formation..

Any thoughts?
You stack em up, I burn em down !

thecorbec
12.13.2011 , 10:06 AM | #24
I included the idea of a "companion need" in the feedback after testing but even then, like someone has said if it's for an alt or someone who is not in the active party then a need roll shouldn't be used.

Should maybe have a need button that can only be pressed if the loot is for your character like other games and have that button accept loot that is for your active companion if they are in the current group.

Just glad I have a large guild of friendly players that all think the same way on this subject so I can avoid pug's altogether until a better loot system is in place.

Thordar
12.13.2011 , 10:09 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Toraak View Post
This is a touchy subject for a lot of people. Some believe that other players in the group should be priority over someone's companions, while others believe that if a companion can use it, they have a right to need on it.

Personally, I'm going to see how others start rolling and do the same. If people start rolling for companions, then I'll do the same for that group.
Well-said i will do the same. or if people start rolling for alts as-well

Rayreiquaza
12.13.2011 , 10:11 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by DeeDawg View Post
hope you're not on my server. Needing for a companion is an insta-kick from most groups.
Totally. What a horrendously selfish attitude to have. Not looking forward to grouping with rude & greedy tools.
-------===-------

Juromaro
12.13.2011 , 10:11 AM | #27
I'm more worried about SC/JC rolling on SW/JK gear and vice versa than people rolling on companion gear.

And yes given the amount of time I will spend with a companion in this game if my companion needs it and no one else is rolling need I will roll on it. Nothing like having an undergeared tank companion when your trying to quest against gold elites.
Real Hardcore Raiding is getting woken up at 4am and yelled at by your raid leader to get in game because a boss has spawned and they are waiting on you. Not doing the same instance over and over again

Ikkeditnavn
12.13.2011 , 10:12 AM | #28
'Need for companion' as a loot option becomes progressively less and less viable as we level up. Once we have all our companions we can argue to any group that one of our companions need any gear (since our companions cover all stats and gear options), and as such it just become the next Greed.

It isn't needed, simple as that. Greed covers the option well enough. And if you truly and desperately need said gear for your companion, then ask if you can need on it. Just Needing after everyone else have passed/greeded is bad form as the others might be Greeding on account of their companions. Thus you just put yourself ahead of them.

Preferably set up rules ahead of runs.

Buddydudeguy
12.13.2011 , 10:15 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by MCHentz View Post
Just hit need on everything lol. It will save the hassle. I trust myself to hit need or greed but I typically do not trust random people.
We don't trust people that " just hit need on everything lol"

JLapp
12.13.2011 , 10:21 AM | #30
My guild is trying to work through this currently as well.

My opinion for my guild:
Need: Will use it.
Greed: PRIMARY companion will use it.
Pass: Everything else.

With PUGs it will probably end up being need to use it, greed on everything else.