Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Loot rules? need and greed with companions

Enlaw
12.15.2011 , 02:24 AM | #141
Quote: Originally Posted by Millerbros View Post
Just consider the companion as an extension of your own character. If your companion needs it then you need it.

But only after other players present. Sorry, but Needing on an item like Heavy Armor, that you can't use but your companion can, if a player in the group can use it, is inapropriate. Not saying that was suggested. Just saying players should have dibbs.

Loot rules should be established at the start of a run, and that should include rules for companions.

Considering how much stuff drops overall, and how many items can be crafted, or bought with various faction tokens, I don't see why there's so much fuss about loot, though.
Genericposter1138: Don't try to frighten us with your sorcerer's ways, Lord Vader. Your sad devotion to the Search Engine has not helped us conjure up the stolen thread, or given you clairvoyance enough to find the Rebels' hidden forums...*gasp**choke*
Darh Vader: I find your lack of faith in the Search Engine disturbing.

Golarz
12.15.2011 , 04:35 AM | #142
I odn't realy think that "need" is a valid option if you want geer for companion. First of all you have five companions, so basicaly you can need on anything. How the hell will you remember all their current equipment and compare it to the drop at hend ?
If you want something for companions just select greed and if you win it's yours, you can give it to your companion. This is the only fair option and if someone in my grup will need for companion i will instantly kick him out and add to ignor list.

Draugauth
12.15.2011 , 05:12 AM | #143
Sorry but if your character does not need it or can not use it then you should greed on it. If you need because your "companion" can use it and take that drop from an actual player then you need to go back to WoW.

NBG always follow it or you're a ******.

Kheldras
12.15.2011 , 05:56 AM | #144
Well.. if Need for companions is rolled, you can pretty much roll need for everything with 5 companions, except Lightsabers & Force armour for classes without Force-Using companions.

Oh a nice new Sniperrifle.. too bad for you Mr Agent, i have a Rifle-using follower... Oh Sorry Mr Trooper, i need that Epic chestplate for my Wookie-Tank....

You DO realize the complete hilariousness of rolling for companions?

PS:Also i wonder if you even can give Stuff bound to YOU to your companions...
...and thats the way the flatcake crumbles.

Scrobes
12.15.2011 , 06:12 AM | #145
Quote: Originally Posted by Draugauth View Post
Sorry but if your character does not need it or can not use it then you should greed on it.

Why not just pass on it completely?

You might make someone elses day all that much nicer for doing so.

People shouldn't be afraid to pass instead of greed for things they are pretty indifferent about. Just my opinion of course.
"If at first you don't succeed, reload." - BH
"I negotiated with his face." - BH

Aralt
12.15.2011 , 06:20 AM | #146
As others have said having buttons should be like this
Need > Companion > Greed
this would take away any arguments about it.

Kheldras
12.15.2011 , 06:59 AM | #147
Quote: Originally Posted by Aralt View Post
As others have said having buttons should be like this
Need > Companion > Greed
this would take away any arguments about it.

Not a bad idea.
...and thats the way the flatcake crumbles.

Varcan
12.15.2011 , 08:24 AM | #148
If you're going to Need on somethin for a companion you clear it with the group first or you may get booted and derservingly so.

It's early now, and people will make honest mistakes, but in a month or so, something like that would really piss me off.

In short, the companion is not important enough to be considered an extension of yourself. But my companion can totally replace you on this flashpoint if you think otherwise.

Kemintiri
12.15.2011 , 10:24 AM | #149
I'm going to treat companion gear like off spec gear. If everyone rolls greed for it, I'll ask if I can need for my companion. Unless of course people in the group are just rolling need on everything. which I think might happen quite a bit.

HeeroX
12.15.2011 , 10:37 AM | #150
One of the problems is that in a PUG, there is virtually no way to verify if they realy need it for their companion. A person will have like 5 companions, with a possibility of one of them being part of the group. What about the other 4? I could just say that I need it for my companion for every piece of gear and get away with it cause there is no way to verify.