Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Loot rules? need and greed with companions


bennyrosso's Avatar


bennyrosso
12.13.2011 , 07:39 AM | #1
How do u think we will use the need and greed rule now that we have companions?

Millerbros's Avatar


Millerbros
12.13.2011 , 07:40 AM | #2
Just consider the companion as an extension of your own character. If your companion needs it then you need it.

AntacroSS's Avatar


AntacroSS
12.13.2011 , 07:42 AM | #3
is it obtainable by drop? I thought it's quest rewards only.
With a bad torpede and a nice word You'll achieve much more than with a nice word alone, young Sith.

bennyrosso's Avatar


bennyrosso
12.13.2011 , 07:42 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Millerbros View Post
Just consider the companion as an extension of your own character. If your companion needs it then you need it.
So the companion is actually really important?
I mean, as much as me?
Is fine for me as far as other ppl are ok with that.

bennyrosso's Avatar


bennyrosso
12.13.2011 , 07:42 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by AntacroSS View Post
is it obtainable by drop? I thought it's quest rewards only.
U mean the gear for the companion?
Yes they can use normal gear.

deus_dope's Avatar


deus_dope
12.13.2011 , 07:44 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by bennyrosso View Post
How do u think we will use the need and greed rule now that we have companions?
Me thinks the player's character should always have priority over any player's companion. So in order to not have "ninja" loots in flashpoints or general group content, everyone must accept and respect that.

If not, prepare yourself for drama.

Assaultrooper's Avatar


Assaultrooper
12.13.2011 , 07:44 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by bennyrosso View Post
So the companion is actually really important?
I mean, as much as me?
Is fine for me as far as other ppl are ok with that.
I would never need on upgrades for my companion. The companion will not be there when you are doing instances, PvP, or Raids. Take the companion as a questing "pet/minigame" I would certainly bash you for needing for your comapnion where I need for my say raid gear.
Quote: Originally Posted by CrunkShizzle View Post
Just wonderin how AP is lookin pvp wise
Could be worse

Toraak's Avatar


Toraak
12.13.2011 , 07:46 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by bennyrosso View Post
So the companion is actually really important?
I mean, as much as me?
Is fine for me as far as other ppl are ok with that.
This is a touchy subject for a lot of people. Some believe that other players in the group should be priority over someone's companions, while others believe that if a companion can use it, they have a right to need on it.

Personally, I'm going to see how others start rolling and do the same. If people start rolling for companions, then I'll do the same for that group.
Shadowbane Veteran
WoW Veteran

TheNewbieGamer's Avatar


TheNewbieGamer
12.13.2011 , 07:49 AM | #9
i think they should have another need button so theres the "need" button the "greed" button and there should be a "companion need" button it wouldnt stop people trying to ninja gear but it could stop a few people from doing it cause im gonna be really confused when i do the flash point wether or not my companion gear is as important as mine is.

Kryptoniic's Avatar


Kryptoniic
12.13.2011 , 07:49 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Toraak View Post
This is a touchy subject for a lot of people. Some believe that other players in the group should be priority over someone's companions, while others believe that if a companion can use it, they have a right to need on it.

Personally, I'm going to see how others start rolling and do the same. If people start rolling for companions, then I'll do the same for that group.
agreed, I always delay my roll to see what the others do. Its the only way to combat ninja's unfortunately.