Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

How do I cancel my recurring subscription?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
How do I cancel my recurring subscription?

Bradalf's Avatar


Bradalf
01.03.2012 , 10:44 PM | #1
I want to change my subscription so it doesn't bill me automatically and I can manually pay for each month. However, I can't find the option. It's like they burrow it deep in the options lol.

Anyone know how this is done?

Domelam's Avatar


Domelam
01.03.2012 , 10:46 PM | #2
Are you using paypal? If so, you can remove it in paypal on the website.

Zebular's Avatar


Zebular
01.03.2012 , 10:52 PM | #3
Click My Account up top.
Click Subscription on the Right.
You should now see a slew of options on the left.

Click Change Billing Method.
Click the little X on the payment method (top right).
~Zebular, Miraluka Jedi Shadow of the Zebulon Order (The Ebon Hawk)
■■■■۝▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓)

Maccaa's Avatar


Maccaa
01.03.2012 , 10:53 PM | #4
What Zebular said:

Click My Account up top.
Click Subscription on the Right.
You should now see a slew of options on the left

Hope this helps, It's what I had to do to enable my free month of game play. 29 Days to be exact

sDamian's Avatar


sDamian
02.10.2012 , 11:30 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Maccaa View Post
What Zebular said:

Click My Account up top.
Click Subscription on the Right.
You should now see a slew of options on the left

Hope this helps, It's what I had to do to enable my free month of game play. 29 Days to be exact
This doesn't work, when you remove your CC it saves it and shows your sub status as recurring. Anyone have advice that actually allows you to cancel the sub??

Kandorr's Avatar


Kandorr
02.10.2012 , 11:35 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by sDamian View Post
This doesn't work, when you remove your CC it saves it and shows your sub status as recurring. Anyone have advice that actually allows you to cancel the sub??
My CC details have been removed and it shows that I have 13 days left. The button is there to signup for a recurring sub.

StennisYO's Avatar


StennisYO
01.27.2014 , 05:39 PM | #7
When I got to the account subscription info it doesn't give me an option to cancel it ANYWHERE.

Andryah's Avatar


Andryah
01.27.2014 , 05:42 PM | #8
Necro aside...

10 seconds and a search on google would give you this: https://account.swtor.com/user/subscription/cancel

AND...this: http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...87&postcount=2
sayonara SWTOR. I will miss the game, I will miss many players, I will NOT miss being lied to and deceived. I will not miss rookie level mistakes of epic proportions.

LordZahlen's Avatar


LordZahlen
01.30.2014 , 04:16 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Necro aside...

10 seconds and a search on google would give you this: https://account.swtor.com/user/subscription/cancel

AND...this: http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...87&postcount=2
I couldn't find it myself. But thank you for the help.

Relidar's Avatar


Relidar
02.26.2014 , 10:30 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Necro aside...

10 seconds and a search on google would give you this: https://account.swtor.com/user/subscription/cancel

AND...this: http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...87&postcount=2
I couldn't find it either. I even had to spend money and time to call their support in the states because the EU support couldn't help me. And even they failed to assist me.

There is no Cancel button ANYWHERE in my account options. I had to follow the link above (first one) to actually cancel it after 3 months of paying for the game that i don't even play. It's shameful.

I will never return to this game again, I'm sorely disappointed.