Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

78 bugs/issues + concerns (3-day period)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
78 bugs/issues + concerns (3-day period)

Seliani
01.04.2012 , 04:46 AM | #21
Good read! I agree with all of them, and have some additions:

- [Bug] Game doesn't recognize or respect dual-screen setup. I can move my mouse to the other monitor while playing full-screen, and if I click, the game alt-tabs out.

- [Bug] When running different resolution in-game than in Windows, your taskbar will be resized and moved after you alt-tab or quit the game.

Already a topic for it: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=74442.

My screenshot, using 1920x1200 in Windows, 1680x1050 in-game:

http://imgbin.org/images/thumbs/ext6184.png

- [Bug] Launcher has to run with Elevated privileges. Why? Noone knows. Topic: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=24092

- [Preference] Having to authenticate before able to download. Bought the digital edition and had to wait for my account-key to arrive before I could install the game.

Cheers,

Seli

Lantz
01.04.2012 , 04:46 AM | #22
heres some bugs i've also noticed:

Companions
-companions skin turning a metallic black or red in dialogues.
-companions occasionally appear lying down after a battle, and will continue following you on their backs.
-companions don't know how to follow you onto an elevator properly.

Dialogue
-character, companion, and npc eyes turning silver in dialogue.
-npcs will sometimes not move their mouths when talking (especially with laggy planets/areas. of course this could be because i haven't upgraded my computer yet.)

Tython
-blaster animation at the very beginning sequence on Tython against the flesh raiders will occasionally create green and yellow lines in the air.
-green lines seem to randomly appear near the forge ruins on Tython.
-the opening scene during the prologue text, theres a big red haze on the left side of the screen. as the camera pans up, i noticed its part of the glow from the planet. might wanna do something about that.
-one of the council members in the quest dialogue on Tython (i think its Satele) appears 2" tall and you can't see her.

General
-as noted before, casting abilities will occasionally get stuck attacking a dead target for 4-5 seconds.
-npcs sometimes die standing up.
-on my inquisitor i received a commendation as a movable bag item that i can't actually use.
-not being able to overlap menus.
-resource nodes you can't click on.

overall i love this game. a part of me does feel like its just a glorified single player game, but then again, aren't all MMO's? i hope they can correct these issues soon. the bugs kinda take away from the story.
time is infinite; make it last.
Midichlorian Rhapsody

Broom
01.04.2012 , 04:48 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Vegetian View Post
Woudln't count on it. Thier busy doing maintaince as well as rolling out new content near the end of the month. My confidence in the success of this is almost non-existent...considering the massive amount of issues you've listed (most of which I've seen or experienced myself) as well as various other issues out there (reference my prev post, and other posters).
Agreed. BW are patting themselves on the back about their smooth launch, but frankly, I'm underwhelmed. I've not seen so many annoying and game breaking (broken class quests, CHAT of all things not working) bugs in years. Many things are unfinished (interface, guild features, legacy system).

As to the staggered launch: this was one of THE most annoying and fun-destroying things I've ever encountered, and I've played MMO since 2003. I'd rather sit in ventrilo with all my guild laughing and joking queues and crashes than that I have people sitting in vent for days HOPING to finally get in, and having no way to determine when it's their turn. The last two launches I was in before this were AION and RIFT. Both managed to give access to all headstart players at once, both had HUGE numbers in the headstart and both did fine.

Linna

Gadzuki
01.04.2012 , 04:55 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Fabiure View Post
Ive been around the block with MANY other MMO's and I have the Up most Confidence in this Company to Fix the issues Listed above. We must Remeber that they just got back from 2 Major Holidays. It would not surprise me the Dev teams were running thin this past week or so. Now that everyone is back in a Brand New year and the product is turning an Income they can push ahead and fix these issues plus add Great and new content as time rolls on
+1

Good call

Zhorax
01.04.2012 , 04:56 AM | #25
Might as well add:

The cover bar turns back on when you load/change zone. This is really annoying as I have to go back into options and disable it every single time. Nothing like starting a pull and going into cover to notice all the spells are wrong...

Right clicking a mob with the mouse will "use" whatever ability you have in your first quickslot. Quite a pain when you try to move around and accidentally right click a mob.

Auction house should have Armor(light), Armor(medium) and Armor(heavy) in the main categories. By choosing one of those, the subcategories should have the different armor slots (waist, hands, etc.). Trying to find a certain slot is a major pain.
Being able to filter a stat would be nice as well. Already learned missions should say so on the tooltip.

Would be nice to be able to configure the chat colors.
Not being able to have the 2nd quickslot bar go above the main bar is silly. (Most MMOs put it above. Why make it go down?). Give us the option to pick which bar the companion's replace when we expand. Allowing us to modify which 4 spells are showing up for the companion so we can control them better while fighting (without expanding their bar)

Broom
01.04.2012 , 05:05 AM | #26
Bugs:

- the entire interface.
- when the top and bottom bar are full, new abilities will be placed in the left sidebar and will there REPLACE whatever ability, stim or item you yourself placed there
- most interface items cannot be moved, even when they overlap one another
- whereever you move the chat panel, other interface items overlap it, which I consider a cardinal sin
- disembodied voices from NPC conversations tend to follow you around
- some missions refuse to leave the tracker once finished. This includes some class missions
- interface will at times suddenly stop responding to clicks. This happens a lot during warfronts. pressing CTRL+U twice clears it, but this is murder on older, slower computers. In warzones, this means e.g. you won't be able to click rez before you're booted, losing you any and all achievements in the warzone.
- target marking system unexplicably lacks numericals. 1-2-3-4-5 and a clear CC mark would be appreciated.
- there is no feasible way to keybind target marking
- mission difficulty is not always in tune with the level the mission purports to be. I found finishing some Heroic+4 missions extremely hard even with 4 experienced players who were all +5 to the mobs. Makes me shudder to thing what happens to people who try to run these while they're AT the mob level.
- some solo missions are offered LONG before you're able to actually do them. My trooper got a lvl 31 mission on Nar Shadaa when 25, blithely wandered into the area without checking the mission level and got wasted by level 31 mobs. Things like this aren't what I consider fun.

This just off the top of my hat. I report at least 5 bugs a day, which to my great annoyance never even make it into the 'current issues' list.

Vegetian
01.04.2012 , 05:08 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthLeland View Post
That's just the point... they can't release a game right before the holiday season and then just go on a holiday. That's pathetic and completely unprofessional... Bioware has pretty much lost a lot of their fan base because they've proven over the last 4 months that they have no clue how to maintain an MMO.

Some of these bugs have been around since the first beta build. For them not to have fixed them by now is ridiculous and there is no excuse.
Yes there is no excuse and they don't deserve one. GZ clearly stated they knew about the bugs we were reporting before we even reported them. So if you knew about them, then fix them before launch. It's doesnt take a brain scientist to figure that out.

As for the higher level ones...well we hardly ever got to test high level content due to repeated toon wipes upon new build deployment (to which we pointed that out). It wasn't until the last build before launch that they didn't wipe toons, and by then they were busy working on the launch build. So they don't deserve an excuse for the current bugs in game, because 80% of them are from beta and therefore were known.
“The customer is always right!”
No, the customer is usually an idiot who has no clue.

EnigmaNL
01.04.2012 , 05:12 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Vegetian View Post
Yes there is no excuse and they don't deserve one. GZ clearly stated they knew about the bugs we were reporting before we even reported them. So if you knew about them, then fix them before launch. It's doesnt take a brain scientist to figure that out.

As for the higher level ones...well we hardly ever got to test high level content due to repeated toon wipes upon new build deployment (to which we pointed that out). It wasn't until the last build before launch that they didn't wipe toons, and by then they were busy working on the launch build. So they don't deserve an excuse for the current bugs in game, because 80% of them are from beta and therefore were known.
Exactly zero (0) of the bugs I discovered in the beta have been fixed. Good job Bioware!

Finish a game before you release it!

Glacialforce
01.04.2012 , 05:13 AM | #29
Yeah that is all stuff iv encountered and wanted to complain about. Glad someone did it, good job.

ElfishGene
01.04.2012 , 05:16 AM | #30
Quote:
Stores

• Selecting "usable by me" doesn't work. It does not seem to filter at all. If I am a light armour wearer then I should be able to filter out medium and heavy armour. If my Artifice crew skill is 120 then I should be able to filter out recipes that require higher skill. Again, this is a basic feature that should just work.
^^ This!