Weapons Not Appearing in Cutscenes

Kerplode

I've had this happen to me twice.

Once on my Imperial Agent, I was supposed to bash this lady with my rifle, but there was nothing in my hands. I was holding an "invisible" weapon.

And today on my Sith Inquisitor I was killing this woman that was a traitor to the Empire. All I held was a lightsabre handle, with no blade coming out of it.

IS this a known bug?

I've had this happen to me twice.

Once on my Imperial Agent, I was supposed to bash this lady with my rifle, but there was nothing in my hands. I was holding an "invisible" weapon.

And today on my Sith Inquisitor I was killing this woman that was a traitor to the Empire. All I held was a lightsabre handle, with no blade coming out of it.

IS this a known bug?

This happens multiple times for the Sith Inqus. I use to laugh each time. Now I just ignore it and pretend.

Happened many times on my Imperial agent all the way up to 50, when threating people, shooting people or hitting them with the rifle. It just looked as if he were holding an invisible rifle, kind of ruined those cool scenes when he hit obnoxious people in the head with the rifle.

I actually am not. But I do have it on Max graphics settings.

Here are my computer specs

Nvidia GeForce GTX 460SE

1TB Hard Drive

8GB DDR3 System Memory

AMD Phenom II 830 Quad-Core Processor ~2.8GHz

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

• 6 years later...
6 years later, I still can see this issue, invisible weapon to murder people in cutscenes, nobody is going to fix this? lol

Holy Necro! :)

6.5 years actually... AND.....

True story: we all seem to have managed to get by without this cosmetic fix in the cutscenes.

Fact: if they fix something... and this is actually a large number of somethings in this case to fix... they will break other things in the process. Best to stick with the devil you know then introduce new ones in my view.

But if it really bugs you.... maybe go over to the bug report forum and necro one of many threads about this over the years. Someone on the actual dev team actually reads that forum.

Edited by Andryah

Holy Necro! :)

6.5 years actually... AND.....

True story: we all seem to have managed to get by without this cosmetic fix in the cutscenes.

Fact: if they fix something... and this is actually a large number of somethings in this case to fix... they will break other things in the process. Best to stick with the devil you know then introduce new ones in my view.

But if it really bugs you.... maybe go over to the bug report forum and necro one of many threads about this over the years. Someone on the actual dev team actually reads that forum.

I guess that's okay, I mean, I thought it was just a forgotten minor issue, but if it's as hard to fix as you are saying, I'll deal with it, thanks for the answer!

How do you know that? Do you know every player (current and former) of this game? How would you know if the OP left this game because of this bug or not? You don't. And yet, as always, you write "we all". You are very different from the rest of the players. Start writing "I" instead of "we".

How do you know that? Do you know every player (current and former) of this game? How would you know if the OP left this game because of this bug or not? You don't. And yet, as always, you write "we all". You are very different from the rest of the players. Start writing "I" instead of "we".

You are mistaking this issue with something that is not actually trivial... like the release of the CXP system.

Do you think this long standing issue is "game breaking" for players? Most players, ie: the collective "we", would chalk this one up as annoying at worst, and generally not worthy of allowing it to impact a players game play.

But you know what.. walk your talk.....prove me wrong then.. and stop personally attacking me for having an opinion and expressing it.

As WE can all see.. from this 6 year old necro (which only garnered a handful of supportive comments back in 2012), and a quick search of the topic in the forum ... it is not a common/persistent complaint by players in the forum over the years.

I get that you no longer enjoy this game.. but that does not mean every other player feels the same as you.

Edited by Andryah

But you know what.. walk your talk.....prove me wrong then.. and stop personally attacking me for having an opinion and expressing it.

I get that you no longer enjoy this game.. but that does not mean every other player feels the same as you.

I don't think he is personally attacking you so much as just asking you to quit speaking for all of us in broad, sweeping statements. I add my name to the list requesting that. Please stop speaking for everybody like yours in the only sensible opinion. There is no burden of proof here, and I don't think any of the claims in this thread are of the type that really need extensive "proving", unless of course you say it in such a way that no one else could possibly be right. Like this:

OR like this:

You start your point with "Fact" and end it with "in my view". The whole thing is in your view, and not necessarily fact at all. You assume that Bioware will break something in fixing something else every single time. Even though this might seem a likely outcome, I doubt it's true in every single instance. And, unless you are on the code team for Bioware you couldn't say for sure. So again, not "Fact"... but opinion. Opinions are okay, that's what this forum is for, actually. But please quit stating yours like it is the only one that anyone in their right mind could take seriously.

I get that you still enjoy this game... but that does not mean every other player feels the same as you. So quit trying to speak for all us, please and thank you.

I am not personally attacking you by responding to you or quoting you, so please do not think this is my motive. I just honestly see you post more than almost anyone else here, and speaking for the collective is something you do a lot of in almost every area of discussion. Speaking up about things is more than okay, and I'm glad you do it. But speaking for more than just yourself is where I humbly request you draw the line.

Edited by PennyAnn
  • Like 1