Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Imperial Agent Healing and YOU!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Imperial Agent Healing and YOU!

DarrkLore
01.11.2012 , 02:53 PM | #21
Two days ago:
Quote: Originally Posted by Jooji View Post
There's a LOT of inaccuracies in this guide. When I get out of raid I'll edit this post with the reasons why ^^
Glad to see you got right on that
ε╬╣!!!!╠▀▀{}▀(████████████████████████████████████████)

Chizwick
01.14.2012 , 04:28 AM | #22
This was a nice guide, if not a little too "friendly" for my liking (we're Imperials, after all).

I can't emphasize enough how amazing Surgical Probe is. More often than I'd like to admit, my tank has been spanked mercilessly by a hard-hitting mob, seconds away from death ... only to be spammed by my Surgical Probe dozens of times, kept barely under 30% HP for the crucial seconds it took for the DPS to finally kill the boss. Works wonders when you're being eaten alive in PvP, too!

I'd love to see more progress made on this, up to 50+.
"It's the talent, not the promo shots."
50 Operative 50 Assassin 50 Scoundrel 50 Juggernaut

tednova
01.17.2012 , 12:14 PM | #23
Is there a respec option built into the game for talent points? I totally botched my healer build and need to "reallocate" my talent skills.

trotsky_tor
01.20.2012 , 11:04 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by DarrkLore View Post
Two days ago:

Glad to see you got right on that
One of the more egregious errors that I can see is regarding Alacrity. It doesn't change how long the cooldown is on abilities. It's almost completely worthless for Op healing as it doesn't affect GCD on instant spells, or affect anything at all on HoTs/DoTs.

edit 1: Also, the only difference between Power and Tech Power is that Tech Power only affects...you guessed it...tech skills. Power affects all abilities, both offensive and defensive. Tech power affects all tech attacks/heals/etc.

Power is, imo, the most important stat for healing Ops due to the fact that it doesn't experience diminishing returns and it allows for consistent healing.

edit 2: Med Shield points are probably better used elsewhere. Med Shield only affects the healing you receive yourself while you're shielded. Could be helpful in some situations, but in most cases if you're getting beaten on enough to need to shield and heal yourself, the extra 15% isn't going to save you. I would probably put those 2 points in Slip Away or Evasive Imperative for a mobility increase in encounters if needed.

edit 3: I really just recommend people go read Sithwarrior.com's Op Healing Compendium instead of this.

Shroudveil
01.24.2012 , 06:40 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by trotsky_tor View Post
One of the more egregious errors that I can see is regarding Alacrity. It doesn't change how long the cooldown is on abilities. It's almost completely worthless for Op healing as it doesn't affect GCD on instant spells, or affect anything at all on HoTs/DoTs.

edit 1: Also, the only difference between Power and Tech Power is that Tech Power only affects...you guessed it...tech skills. Power affects all abilities, both offensive and defensive. Tech power affects all tech attacks/heals/etc.
those are correct.

in addition, for both raid and pvp moving speed is imo much more important than alacrity since it gives you less travel time=more healing time.

KopakaNuva
09.30.2012 , 04:50 PM | #26
Excellent guide, especially for beginners! I'm seeing more and more Operative Healers instead of the standard Sorcerer, which in my book is always a plus!
I have a question: I'm thinking of dropping my 3 ranks of Lethality in the skill tree of the same name, because my crit rating is over 30% as is. Is this a good idea?

POPsi
10.03.2012 , 05:13 AM | #27
Power and tech power both useful for healing, just check out you character details. In addition, success is not just on the healer, not by a long shot. You will never beat an ops with just healers. You can have 15 healers healing another healer if the boss is one shotting the one who has aggro. You won't have enough dps to counter enrage. Without a tank aggro will switch back and forth and everyone will wipe. Without aoe taunts from tanks you can say goodbye on large pulls, as you will aggro half of the mobs in the first 5 seconds. Each role is equally important. Some may be easier to master, but all 3 is necessary for the success.

ispdemon
02.27.2014 , 02:04 AM | #28
Thanks a lot for this guide - made my start in this game much easier and took away some worries about leveling as a healer.

CaptainApop
02.27.2014 , 03:22 PM | #29
Sweet mother of necro.
"I bind kolto probes to Q, partially for the convenience but mostly for the irony"

Subterfuge legacy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd