Faction specific classes

xXCheXGuevaraXx

Before I begin I would like to start off by saying that this is not a "make x class neutral" post. I'm simply wondering why Bioware decided to go down this road especially in a game that is largely "story-driven." Thus, for a game that is "story-driven," I'm wondering why exactly bounty hunters, troopers, and smugglers are faction specific.

I may be wrong and there maybe reasons I have overlooked, but it seems that a bounty hunter or a smuggler would be largely uninterested in politics or factions and more interested in who could offer more credits.

Similarly, I see those Imperial foot soldiers clad in their trooperesque armor and I continuously ask myself why I can't be an Imperial footsoldier.

So what exactly is the reason that I can't be a bounty hunter working for the Republic, a smuggler smuggling Sith artifacts for the Sith Empire, or a Trooper under the command of the Emperor?

Edited by xXCheXGuevaraXx

Before I begin I would like to start off by saying that this is not a "make x class neutral" post. I'm simply wondering why Bioware decided to go down this road especially in a game that is largely "story-driven." Thus, for a game that is "story-driven," I'm wondering why exactly bounty hunters, troopers, and smugglers are faction specific.

I may be wrong and there maybe reasons I have overlooked, but it seems that a bounty hunter or a smuggler would be largely uninterested in politics or factions and more interested in who could offer more credits.

Similarly, I see those Imperial foot soldiers clad in their trooperesque armor and I continuously ask myself why I can't be an Imperial footsoldier.

So what exactly is the reason that I can't be a bounty hunter working for the Republic, a smuggler smuggling Sith artifacts for the Sith Empire, or a Trooper under the command of the Emperor?

look on films and others part of lore:

BH for most part were on empire side, it was very rarelly when they were shown working for republic

smugglers - on empire side, or rathere 'the bad side' (not always empire) they are called pirates most of time ;p

troopers - tech thing, they had BH on empiere side, wanted to mirror it and drag here ppl that know SW only from ep 1-3 and clone wars, so they wanted to give them something similar to clone troopers

You can help the Republic as a Bounty Hunter. Heck, choosing to help the Empire just seems to go against the story every time I do it.

Regardless of whether you can help the Republic or not, you still belong to and fight for the Sith Empire courtesy of BHs being an Empire class.

look on films and others part of lore:

BH for most part were on empire side, it was very rarelly when they were shown working for republic

smugglers - on empire side, or rathere 'the bad side' (not always empire) they are called pirates most of time ;p

troopers - tech thing, they had BH on empiere side, wanted to mirror it and drag here ppl that know SW only from ep 1-3 and clone wars, so they wanted to give them something similar to clone troopers

Well judging by the films I can see why a bounty hunter would gravitate towards the Empire. I'm sure citizens pay taxes right? Span that across a few planets and you have yourself quite a lot of income to spend. Same goes for smugglers.

What irks me the most is this whole trooper vs bounty hunter thing. I would think they could come up with better opposite classes. I mean there are those Imperial soldiers with gray armor standing about everywhere, right? Furthermore, judging by the first 3 films and from what I know about Jango Fett, he was primarily in it for the credits, not because he had some deep seeded hatred for the Jedi or the Republic.

Well judging by the films I can see why a bounty hunter would gravitate towards the Empire. I'm sure citizens pay taxes right? Span that across a few planets and you have yourself quite a lot of income to spend. Same goes for smugglers.

What irks me the most is this whole trooper vs bounty hunter thing. I would think they could come up with better opposite classes. I mean there are those Imperial soldiers with gray armor standing about everywhere, right? Furthermore, judging by the first 3 films and from what I know about Jango Fett, he was primarily in it for the credits, not because he had some deep seeded hatred for the Jedi or the Republic.

ok, but imperial trooper and republic trooper would be not that difrent, remember it is a game and need some things that will sell it;)

beside info bout Jango Fett doing it for money - what? being the gene material for republic clone troopers? remember that in ep 1-3 head of the republic was sith that triad to convert it in to empire ;)

beside giving gene material is not the same as being hired by republic oficiels to kill someone (but probably those were too, but not shown in lore/films)

ok, but imperial trooper and republic trooper would be not that difrent, remember it is a game and need some things that will sell it;)

beside info bout Jango Fett doing it for money - what? being the gene material for republic clone troopers? remember that in ep 1-3 head of the republic was sith that triad to convert it in to empire ;)

beside giving gene material is not the same as being hired by republic oficiels to kill someone (but probably those were too, but not shown in lore/films)

I understand how an Imperial/Republic trooper would be similar, but are troopers/bounty hunters any different regarding skills/combat or is their main difference merely the storyline?

If I read correctly I remember Jango Fett being hired by Darth Tyranus for his combat prowess. I don't think Jango freely gave up his genes simply because he was asked or because he was loyal to the Separatists/Sith. He also demanded the first clone be given to him without any aging modifications.

If any of you payed attention to the story line of THIS game you would notice that the bounty hunters are on the side of the empire.

1. Bounty hunters work for the Hutts.

2. The Hutts are allied with the empire.

3. Most Bounty Hunters are mandalorians.

4. Mandalorians are allied with the empire.

5. The republic does not hire Bounty Hunters. For it uses its special forces. AKA the Trooper, to take on high value targets and missions of importance.

6. All the other republics problems are taking care of by the Jedi.

7. To answer (Why cant I be an empire footsoldier/trooper.) Because those are not special forces they are grunts. The equivelent of imperial special forces are the Imperial Agent and the Imperial Operative.

8. This is the framework of the Imperial and Republic military it this time frame. It has very little to do with the Star Wars trilogy. For that is set 3000 years in the future. With a completely different empire.

I understand how an Imperial/Republic trooper would be similar, but are troopers/bounty hunters any different regarding skills/combat or is their main difference merely the storyline?

If I read correctly I remember Jango Fett being hired by Darth Tyranus for his combat prowess. I don't think Jango freely gave up his genes simply because he was asked or because he was loyal to the Separatists/Sith. He also demanded the first clone be given to him without any aging modifications.

skills are the same as jedi/sith, SI/sage, smuggler/agent, so most difrence is look and storry for game

And yes, Jango gave up genes because of money and oportunity to have a child whit he could rise to be his succesor. But, what i mentioned before, the lore is not showing BH working for republic... so i think this is the cose of this

remember this is fictional world, everything not shown can be interpreted in every posible way and every side will have the same number of arguments on this