Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cant play? Black screen

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

lilstevo
01.03.2012 , 04:44 PM | #1
I open the launcher,click play, and it quickly goes to a black screen and then back to my desktop.
I have:
1. Repaired 3 times
2. Fixed launcher
3. Changed the .ini file
basically everything i can find and still havent been able to play the game.

Is there anything else that could get it to work?

Ive contacted support and still no reply.

LohKey
01.03.2012 , 05:12 PM | #2
I would start by making sure you meet the minimum specs for your system. Than update all your graphic drivers, if that doesn't work make a new user account on your computer and try it from there so it's running clean. If that doesn't work I have no idea what to tell ya
Pawning your Jedi Like A *** *** girl scout ***** *** ******* in your moms ****** *****!!
BH since 2004!
CE

MegaActionHero
01.03.2012 , 09:43 PM | #3
Same exact issue here. Just downloaded the game yesterday and have yet to seen any graphics. I click play, hear sound and intro music/voice ext. Mouseclicks get response sounds. Just no pictures at all.

Going to ask for my money back soon.

GeorgieSWTOR
01.03.2012 , 09:52 PM | #4
Same thing happening to me... You guys find any solutions?

Cerimon
01.03.2012 , 10:29 PM | #5 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings All,

Please see this post for troubleshooting steps when the game crashes after pressing play. Also take a look at our Launcher Troubleshooting Guide for additional steps to try.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and Thank You for playing Star Wars™: The Old Republic™

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

MegaActionHero
01.04.2012 , 11:01 AM | #6
I found if you got to the ATI Catalyst Control Center website there was a new program released on 12.13.11 which I downloaded and installed. After that the game worked fine. Though I did just get an error 9000 a few minutes ago.