Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Error 1003 FIX (REAL)

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Ghostryder's Avatar

12.13.2011 , 10:18 PM | #1
Been beating my head on this all night. FINALLY! So i noticed i could not connect to any teamspeak servers either, even public ones. So i took my phone off wifi and onto 3g and BAM i can connect to teamspeak. So now I know there is an issue with my internet connection. I went in an reset the modem to factory defaults and guess what.....fixed. No idea what the issue was. I had all ports forwarded, firewalls off and still nothing. IT wasnt until i did the factory default reset that it finally worked.

HOpe this helps those still stuck.
Can I have your stuff?

Cerimon's Avatar

12.14.2011 , 01:13 AM | #2 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings All,

If you are receiving any of these errors it may indicate that the server is currently being restarted, or has been taken down for maintenance.

Please check the Server Status threads for any communications in this regard.

Try removing and re-adding the following files to your anti-virus and firewall exceptions:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\launcher.exe

and swtor_setup.exe

Please run the launcher with administrative rights by right clicking and choose run as administrator.

Please note that some users have resolved this issue by running the launcher in compatibility mode for Windows XP Service Pack 3.

For more information regarding Windows XP Service Packs please see this Microsoft page:

If the issue persists and there is no maintenance on-going, please contact Customer Support at for further assistance.

Please ensure that you have included a copy of your DXDiag and client logs when contacting Customer Support.

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Emeralddragon's Avatar

12.14.2011 , 01:18 AM | #3
I had a similar issue with my Linksys router with my VLC remote... turns out it was DNS cache on the ROUTER's end that caused the grievance. I reset the router and boom all worked.. sometimes it sucks and the ipconfig /flushdns doesn't work since its not local to the machine
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
-Albert Einstein