Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

FPS issues... I give up!

Lord_Itharius
01.03.2012 , 04:33 PM | #21
I have the same issues with a Geforce 560 ti and a Phenom II x4 processor. I've seen many, many complaints about lag from people with Geforce 500 series gfx cards. My friend has a Geforce 460 gtx and gets 50 to 80 fps in imperial fleet.
"can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out." - battlebug

Lord_Itharius
01.03.2012 , 04:34 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by AVFCLuke View Post
560Ti should absolutely smash this game silly for FPS. The minimum requirements are next to nothing (according to bioware) yet you can't enjoy this game fully with one of the top graphic cards out there. Somebody answer me this, what the hell is this guy doing wrong? It's a disgrace. You shouldn't have to worry playing this game on low settings either, it's more than capable of running on much higher.

Bioware... please stand...
I don't have to play on low settings because graphical settings and resolution have no impact on fps. I get 20 fps in warzones, regardless of settings.
"can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out." - battlebug

Bloodtongue
01.03.2012 , 04:42 PM | #23
Same. I gave up yesterday and canceled my sub. No point in playing the remaining time, because its unplayable. I'll be running the game at 45fps+ and then it will just get progressively worse down to the 5fps range. So for all the nerd elite, it is not my SPECS causing the problem. Or maybe it is my specs and they just flat out lied about the minimum specs needed to run the game.

Chaffery
01.03.2012 , 04:43 PM | #24
Would you like to know why?
It is the freaking fog. Tython lags so bad and reason, look inside building. Same in Jedi Temple, because of fog inside, it lags like hell.
http://i43.tinypic.com/6rhh6t.jpg

Corusant, not as bad as Tython but still bad enough. Especially Jedi Temple, lag fest.
http://i39.tinypic.com/28jze5l.jpg

Yesterday I did with My Jedi Sentinel last class quest on Corusant, confronting Lord Tarnis.
After I vent in to quest area, my jaw dropped, all sudden lag was gone, frame rates vent up.
Because there inside is no fog at all.
I have a laptop, witch is bit above minimum requirement and it is very good for testing game.
Different areas lag differently. That could be solved buy allowing disable fog and allowing adjust view distance. Currently unlimited view distance and way too much fog causing lag, plus fog causing insane GPU load. Only high end video cards with very good cooling can cope with game currently. And even high end cards could fail, seen posts on forum.

Lord_Itharius
01.03.2012 , 04:46 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Chaffery View Post
Only high end video cards with very good cooling can cope with game currently. And even high end cards could fail, seen posts on forum.
This isn't true. There are plenty of people with great performance with lower end graphics cards.

danielswann
01.03.2012 , 04:52 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by TomWhiting View Post
FPS issues are caused by a number of things

Hardware - yours appears to be pretty decent, no upgrade 'needed', but it's not a bad idea to start thinking about one in the future

Network - how's your latency to the game when this happens?

Server population - high server pops will affect latency and FPS

Area population - This is where a lot of people just don't get it. Higher populated areas do actually affect FPS. This is why Coruscant is going to always have lower FPS than, say, Tatooine.
I just ran that link that is at the bottom of your post for swtor.

According to their min specs I get a grade A+ on all levels in order to run this game properly.

Yet........ warzones are 15-20 fps tops. Unplayable!!!

Cpu averages at about 75% in warzones and everywhere else
GPU never gets over 51 degrees celsius
DDRam never goes over 60%
GPU never uses more than 40%.

I've check and made sure everything from power output, to drivers, to registry changes, to overclocking, nothing works.. AND YES ALL SETTINGS ARE ON LOW... and yes I have done all of the recommended changes in the client.ini file ect.....

B.S.
Bought this game to pvp..... getting my refund.....

Chaffery
01.03.2012 , 04:52 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_Itharius View Post
This isn't true. There are plenty of people with great performance with lower end graphics cards.
GTX560TI can not be considered as low end video card. My friend has it, says no lag at all, probably because he is using also fastest AMD FX Bulldozer paired with video card.

coffeerox
01.03.2012 , 05:03 PM | #28
I'm running a Q6600 2.4Ghz Quad Core with 2GB of RAM and a Geforce 9800GT. I have the same problem as you guys but from my perspective I think it's a RAM problem.

The game is a memory hog and it takes me forever to alt-tab. When I check the memory, it's almost maxed at 1.80GB. After awhile, the framerates become completely unplayable. When I exit and restart the game, it's fine.

When I log out, I get a chance that the memory will get dumped (which makes it easier to alt-tab or quit the game) but there's also a chance that it doesn't clear the memory and quitting the game takes forever and interrupts my other programs such as Skype and even my internet connection.

I think that the lack of view distance slider is hurting a lot of people's systems. The game loads every texture it possibly can (when realistically it doesn't need to). It's unnecessary and there's no way you can see all that. Not only does it load the textures for the environment, it also loads for the countless useless NPC's walking around and we're not even talking about loading up players yet!

I don't think it's a graphics card problem. I notice that my GPU utilization is nowhere near maxed out. When I'm in an instance or my own ship, I crank the graphics to High and it runs nearly perfect. When I go outside, I get those framerates regardless of if it was low or high (worse for high because of my slow and limited capacity memory)

Matternous
01.03.2012 , 05:05 PM | #29
I run with an intel i5 2500k and a 560 ti and it runs maxed all the time, capped at 111 fps. I must be lucky :P But I feel for you guys...

However, what the guy above me said makes very good sense. I probably haven't noticed any RAM problems since I have 16gbs though...
PAX REPUBLICA
SWTOR Thread Guild Website
Casual PVP with Hardcore Determination
C.E. VIP

Daisycutting
01.03.2012 , 05:08 PM | #30
The lag spiking i get in fps is unbelievable, even in area transition screens its jumping between 0.9-60 fps....