Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

FPS issues... I give up!

Weasul
01.03.2012 , 03:46 PM | #11
If you've updated both with no resolution then I'd say you are SOL for now until Bioware/Nvidia figure out the issue.

Geminireaper
01.03.2012 , 03:48 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by MrHaSu View Post
I mean my rig should be able to run it well on medium setting shouldn't it?

Should i upgrade something?

I have a stronger proc, more ram, but a lesser vid card and the onky time i lag is when im in fleet do to so many peeps in the area. It almost seems software and driver related. Most of the fps issues ive been seeing revolve around the 500 series cards. Wonder if its an optimization issue with that series. Also may wanna try playing adter a fresh install of windows and the game.

Velixius
01.03.2012 , 03:57 PM | #13
Bioware needs to stop twiddling their thumbs and optimize the damn game already.
Death is such a small impediment.
CE VIP

AVFCLuke
01.03.2012 , 04:03 PM | #14
560Ti should absolutely smash this game silly for FPS. The minimum requirements are next to nothing (according to bioware) yet you can't enjoy this game fully with one of the top graphic cards out there. Somebody answer me this, what the hell is this guy doing wrong? It's a disgrace. You shouldn't have to worry playing this game on low settings either, it's more than capable of running on much higher.

Bioware... please stand...

Apollonia
01.03.2012 , 04:06 PM | #15
Ladies and gentlefreaks,

There is already threads ESTABLISHED on this issue. please quit creating new ones, its not drawing any more attention than the others. There is actually quite a few threads with solutions to the issues you are having.

Just so youre not posting on the issue that is already adressed,and your post gets ignored.

Just adding my two cents, and one schilling.

TomWhiting
01.03.2012 , 04:08 PM | #16
FPS issues are caused by a number of things

Hardware - yours appears to be pretty decent, no upgrade 'needed', but it's not a bad idea to start thinking about one in the future

Network - how's your latency to the game when this happens?

Server population - high server pops will affect latency and FPS

Area population - This is where a lot of people just don't get it. Higher populated areas do actually affect FPS. This is why Coruscant is going to always have lower FPS than, say, Tatooine.

Tatermitts
01.03.2012 , 04:09 PM | #17
I have been having the same issues when I go into War zones. My fps is fine until I enter a warzone, and it drops like a bomb within the first few seconds of pvp. Not quite sure what the issue is; I've read that it's my system, my internet, my ram, my processor and that it's a memory leak issue.
Most of the answers seem like they've come from people playing the game instead of Bioware. Where the hell are the people who are fixing the problems in this game? This issue seems to have affected a large number of people playing the game and I have yet to see a reasonable answer from Bioware or customer support. These issues have been seen with players regardless of their hardware set-up.

I called customer service before looking here and they told me that the issues with extreme lag are in game issues, and that they wouldn't help me. I asked to speak to a supervisor and they straight-up told me "no". So much for helpful customer service.

If there is a way to send this game back to Bioware for a refund please include the address.

Jayness
01.03.2012 , 04:23 PM | #18
Sorry for posting this here, was gonna make my own thread but for "some odd reason" BioWare has decided to disable the option to make a thread title, and therefore, since one cannot post without a title, no more posts can be created.

My fps issues slightly differ from what I've been hearing. And I just would like this case noted in case anyone else is experiencing similar issues on a laptop.

I turn my settings on high everything, discluding shadows (set to off) because i feel they are a massive drain on fps in any game and also that they are kind of useless besides looking nicer and more realistic.

Now I'm getting about 60-130fps everywhere I go, smooth as hell gameplay and everything is A-okay, game looks great, game plays great, i figure I'm fine.

But I'm far from it.

Randomly, starting at about 20 minutes of play, my screen quickflashes black and i drop to about 12-27 fps. Honestly, it looks entirely like the game is switching my graphics card to my internal card, which is a ****** intel, and would explain the massive drop in fps. Then low and behold 2 minutes of laggy lag later, another black flash and back up to 100fps. This continues to just get more and more rapid, going from every 20minutes to every 10 minutes, to every 5 minutes, to every 2 minutes, and then, well every man has his breaking point.

My laptop is an Alienware M17x, it utilizes Optimus (****. ****. ****.) technology, and this more or less decreases my performance to accurately switch between cards depending on which process I'm using currently. So, since Dell has decided to drop us entirely and not make ANY MORE DRIVERS besides the BASIC drivers that are flawed and bugged, and Nvidias newer drivers won't install even though I have a Geforce 460m GTX. i seemed to have no choice but to mod my bios in order to disable my internal graphics processor, so that I could update my drivers. So I did that.

After that, WoW gets 200+ fps maxed out, skyrim gets 60-80 maxed, starcraft 2 is the same.

Lets cut to the chase. I just want this problem recognized. There is no reason for this game to either A. be switching my graphics cards every few minutes, which CRIPPLES my gaming experience horrendously. or B. It might possibly just be underclocking my card to 2D speeds.

For those who just want to know my specs without reading through the DXDIAG they are as follows:

Intel i7-2720QM @ 2.2ghz (8cpus)
8 gigs ram
Nvidia Geforce GTX 460m 1.5gig

playing at different resolutions doesn't fix it, i've tried compatibility mode with no success, over clocking does nothing, switching the drivers does nothing.

THIS IS YOUR ENGINE, plain and simple.

DXDIAG -
Spoiler

thanks in advance, Jay.

Tedstery
01.03.2012 , 04:26 PM | #19
Updated all drivers, any everything and FPS drops heavily in some areas. All I want to know why the game wasn't optimized for launch and why the removed graphic intensive options like clip distance, and we can't change it.

I play on a laptop with 2.27 GHz i3 2 cores and 512 MB Graphics card, 4GB Ram and Windows 7 64 bit, I should be able to run this game fine because I am on recommended but yet some areas run like ****
R.I.P Orange Pixel! .

Kinediks
01.03.2012 , 04:30 PM | #20
I have a similar rig. Less powerful actually. I'm running the game on high, some CCC tweaks, 1440x900 res with no shadows or bloom. I can play the game on high at max res. But i can't play on low in windowed mode at 800x600. I get an FPS increase and stability increase.