Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

"Addons are stupid and WoW is easy."

BreTuk
01.06.2012 , 11:46 PM | #351
Quote: Originally Posted by memoriesofprey View Post
You know, people in twitch-based games have a different word for addons.

They're called 'hacks'.

There's skill involved in making split-decisions and choosing your strategy based on the same GUI everyone else has- you're pitting the knowledge you have and your own sense of timing with your opponent's.

It adds more automation to the game, and if I wanted that, I'd play some game that forced me to code an entire combat system in order to be effective and pit them against other systems like we're playing pokemon.

Combat addons are a crutch. Other addons are perfectly fine.
Except regardless of your decision making process, he who has > hardware and > net connection wins.

Raansu
01.06.2012 , 11:53 PM | #352
Awww the poor elitists cant survive without their crutch? Good, go back to WoW.

Brool
01.07.2012 , 01:06 AM | #353
Quote: Originally Posted by Zorke View Post
Where's your heroic -anything- kill?

WoWs heroic endgame is still one of the most difficult challenges in the gaming world. SWTOR is pathetic in comparison. However, in terms of questing and solo play, SWTOR is much more challenging and I feel you really learn how to play your class to it's SOLO potential through doing the difficult elite story quests.

Also, no addons/customizing? Watch this game go the way of AoC in a few months. If you are truly a casual player, THEN WHY DO YOU CARE IF HARDCORE GAMERS USE ADDONS. How does someone elses customization ruin YOUR play?

If you say because they harass you for being bad by linking meters, I have bad news for you. You are actually bad, and someone pointed it out to you after carrying you through that content.
If you need an addon or meter (outside of the actual combat log numbers) then I got bad news for you... you're actually a bad player.
Phalanx
The Harbinger
We are playing a game of rock paper scissors.
Quit asking to nerf rock when you are obviously playing scissors.

Massyma
01.07.2012 , 01:54 AM | #354
Addons are for accountants who ran out of beans...

"The odds of you getting addons are approximately 4 billion to 1"

Crohadan
01.07.2012 , 01:56 AM | #355
Quote: Originally Posted by Zorke View Post
Where's your heroic -anything- kill?

WoWs heroic endgame is still one of the most difficult challenges in the gaming world. SWTOR is pathetic in comparison. However, in terms of questing and solo play, SWTOR is much more challenging and I feel you really learn how to play your class to it's SOLO potential through doing the difficult elite story quests.

Also, no addons/customizing? Watch this game go the way of AoC in a few months. If you are truly a casual player, THEN WHY DO YOU CARE IF HARDCORE GAMERS USE ADDONS. How does someone elses customization ruin YOUR play?

If you say because they harass you for being bad by linking meters, I have bad news for you. You are actually bad, and someone pointed it out to you after carrying you through that content.

YES! another gimmie my addon's thread...because the other 20+ out there clearly dont do the subject justice.

no to addons, bw make the ui bigger, the debuff icons bigger, and call it good. dont like it? latter tater!
Militarygamers.com, serving those that came before us, served with us, and will come after us. Find out more at http://www.militarygamers.com
This is protocol droid sw-01 thank your for your bug report, expect no response from us because we really dont care. /ticket_closed

Slomoshun
01.07.2012 , 01:58 AM | #356
Yes, I'm part of the problem with this post, I get it..now that's outta the way I can say what I came here to say

LET THIS THREAD DIE..STOP POSTING

Crohadan
01.07.2012 , 02:00 AM | #357
Quote: Originally Posted by Slomoshun View Post
Yes, I'm part of the problem with this post, I get it..now that's outta the way I can say what I came here to say

LET THIS THREAD DIE..STOP POSTING
i've done enough killing lolololol
Militarygamers.com, serving those that came before us, served with us, and will come after us. Find out more at http://www.militarygamers.com
This is protocol droid sw-01 thank your for your bug report, expect no response from us because we really dont care. /ticket_closed

Goodhustle
01.07.2012 , 02:05 AM | #358
Most people are incorrect about what add-ons did to WoW. It made the game tuning based around them. This in return made people use add-ons that normally wouldn't be necessary.

They have nothing to do with someone being bad or not. I would be happy with SWTOR if they just implemented a customizable UI, Smuggler/Agent healing is so painful right now.

I have no doubt people could have easily played without those add-ons in WoW, but combining (insert random % of people) that used them and the encounters being tuned around that percent it made it a necessity for raiding which is sad really.

Comparing difficulty between raids in SWTOR and WoW is a laughable debate because of how polished WoW is and the fact add-ons are being deployed. I consider myself to be decent at both games, and can you imagine doing LK Heroic with the UI swtor has currently?

The debate isn't casual vs hardcore, people will make an argument "well i need to see my dps/healing numbers" That is fine really, recount doesn't do anything that is game shattering, but all the others should take a back seat to a customizable UI.

CheezeWhisperer
01.07.2012 , 03:08 AM | #359
Y does it matter if there's addons or not? Ppl who suk will blame the others addons and the ppl who dont get their addons will suk lol. Just make it where healing is ezier, such as my healing spells beside the characters' name so i dont have to do extra work that's really just pointless. Give us addons idc, addons gives the mmo more and less enjoyment depending on the addon. U don't like addons? Well u play support till at least lvl 25 and tell me that u woudnt rather have an addon that made the game funner to play just by putting abilities by others names. And that's just one addon. There are tons more that could help/hurt the game but id like to choose. Hell the only thing that addons could potentially hurt is only PvP and id rather have my addons for the rest of the game to enjoy the PvE and experience, not the button mashing and annoyances

Cassp
01.07.2012 , 04:16 AM | #360
Seriously people who dissaprove of addons aren't raiders, and seriously who cares what they think. they don't even need damage meters, its us raiders who need to min max everything and figure out who is performing and underperforming just to beat an enrage timer. anyone who dissaproves of damage meters has obviously never ever done that.