Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

"Addons are stupid and WoW is easy."

isialisa
01.03.2012 , 03:39 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by zegota View Post
It gives them a crazy advantage. A casual player has essentially no chance to contribute to a PvP warzone against people with tons of crazy minmaxing addons. In PvE, addons often lead to groups demanding that all players have certain addons, i.e., LF1M Healer for XXX, must have DamageMeter!
That so I not true when I was playing wow I used every addon I could that I liked it made my game experince more fun. But I have had my UI go down or played on someone elses computer with no addons, my skills didn't decrease because I didn't have add ons I was still pwn noobs and topping dps charts, I just didn't have addons. Wow's UI is ugly so I change it. Addon's also decrease raid prep time which the causal player who doesn't have time to wait an hour for the raid to be all rdy should be happy about them.

EvanSnowWolf
01.03.2012 , 03:41 PM | #22
One of these days, jerks that use words like "baddies" will realize that it isn't the mod that we hate... it's THEM.
"But you know how it is, cows go moo, dogs go woof, and mmo players go the pvp is unbalanced." - Ben 'Yahtzee' Croshaw.

madmilitia
01.03.2012 , 03:46 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Zorke View Post
This just goes to show that you have not a single clue what you are talking about.

Heroic Ragnaros was THE HARDEST encounter ever implemented into the game. You can't even deny that.
i sure can,

vanilla rag was much harder. do you have any idea the amount of hours it took to farm the elemental fires to get the fire resist for 40 people?

not to mention find 40 people that were good? pfft heroic rag 25 people? easy mode
The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the potential of the Force.

Oteraign
01.03.2012 , 03:49 PM | #24
Vannila Rag > Cat Rag

I just don't want a elitist community, is fine to have addons, but man sucks so hard when people are so *********** elitist.
Agent Mithus
Legion of Lettow
Level 30 Medicine
Sith Cruzaders

Sharma
01.03.2012 , 03:56 PM | #25
its been nerfed so much now it really isnt a strong argument anymore. yes pre-nerf the only difficult (read: overtuned) fight of the entire expansion was the only thing defendable about cata raiding. ONE fight, out of all the BWD and FL fights. and now even your average casual guild is on heroic deathwing fights.

Sharma
01.03.2012 , 04:01 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by madmilitia View Post
i sure can,

vanilla rag was much harder. do you have any idea the amount of hours it took to farm the elemental fires to get the fire resist for 40 people?

not to mention find 40 people that were good? pfft heroic rag 25 people? easy mode
offtopic tangent: your sig seems to be a misquote. its the 'power' of the force, not 'potential' of the force. i just googled it to double check and imdb looks to have it wrong too, maybe its where you got it from. all other sources i find say 'power'. if i wasnt at work i'd just load up the movie and triple check but im pretty sure its 'power'

Drakks
01.03.2012 , 04:07 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Zorke View Post
Where's your heroic -anything- kill?

WoWs heroic endgame is still one of the most difficult challenges in the gaming world. SWTOR is pathetic in comparison. However, in terms of questing and solo play, SWTOR is much more challenging and I feel you really learn how to play your class to it's SOLO potential through doing the difficult elite story quests.

Also, no addons/customizing? Watch this game go the way of AoC in a few months. If you are truly a casual player, THEN WHY DO YOU CARE IF HARDCORE GAMERS USE ADDONS. How does someone elses customization ruin YOUR play?

If you say because they harass you for being bad by linking meters, I have bad news for you. You are actually bad, and someone pointed it out to you after carrying you through that content.
Heroics started, what, three years after release? Right?

Addons are bad, and reduce the already meager skills that are involved in making a player good or bad -- they are skill selection and reaction time. There is and was nothing special about ANY WoW Heroic/hard mode kill because the addons did everything but move yoru character out of whatever color crap you weren't supposed to be standing in.

I, for one, hope they offer UI customization without any player modding -- and that they never allow macroing -- and before someone says something stupid, I wrote several mods and addons for my guild that held several server and one world first heroic kils, none of which I felt were worth a damn given what you could flash across the screen, while pressing one button to do 15 attacks based on situation.

To be honest, WoW was already the most dumbed down game I've ever played, the insane ability to script anything made it so much worse and is certainly a strong part of the reason I (and most of my guild) left.

Atlanis
01.03.2012 , 04:13 PM | #28
Whoever needs a Damagemeter, Equipcheck and Targetstarget to run a Ini in Normalmode is a fail player or group of players. I lately ran through Athiss with some pitchpached armormixed people.

We wiped the first time because we didnīt knew what how to stop the Addspawns and Knockback from the first boss, we worked round it. We died from the fire of the last boss the second time we worked round that.

Just to hear people whining for Damagemeters after ignoring the boss skills ignoring their own skills and just doing three skill attacks on a boss that has to be interuppted and kited at some point and were you have to hit your rarely used long cool down skills at some point to avoid dying and best position yourselfs tacticly wisely.

Get a grip and start learning what Challenge means and do it like the US Army: "We have big guns and know how to pull the trigger" be more like the ****** german submarine "killing" some US Carrier + Support Group after having dived aroud for half day in that Flottila and having even ascended to paint something on the Carriers hull.
"We have smalle guns but we know how to put them to use with the greatest effect."

Yeah, let the flames begin

Mirthen
01.03.2012 , 04:17 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by zegota View Post
It gives them a crazy advantage. A casual player has essentially no chance to contribute to a PvP warzone against people with tons of crazy minmaxing addons. In PvE, addons often lead to groups demanding that all players have certain addons, i.e., LF1M Healer for XXX, must have DamageMeter!
I cant think of much of any cases of ever seeing this in a game like WoW that is full of addons. I know of guilds that might require you to have something like deadlybossmods for progression raiding, but that's about the extent of players requiring others to have a certain addon to join in. in all my years playing WoW i have never once encountered a pug group saying you must have X addons in order to join. I can perhaps see it for a raid, but for the dungeons never.

I am a very casual player and i love addons, so don't clump people who don't like addons into some group called casual players. Your play style has absolutely nothing to do with you choice on using addons. I know "hardcore" players that use only what they are forced to use by their raiding guild, and i know casual players that never enter a raid who have so many addons running it takes more memory then the core game itself.

I would be overly thrilled if SWTOR had addons made for it. I would like to see more restraints then what blizzard has on what addons are acceptable in game though.

Either that or more customizations for the game itself. movable frames, color schemes, resize, moving action bars, so on. Plus some of the basics that addons provide. like the ever so mentioned damage meters.

Azyurel
01.03.2012 , 04:19 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by TheDarkerPhantom View Post
Many ways this is possible.

Rift has one fatal flaw, its class mechanics are to similar to World of Warcraft's, its also a big strength if they can come up with better boss mechanics.

Lets face it, there is only so many ways a group of developers can think to make a boss different, Rift players are also young ( new game ) compared to the 6 year vets of WoW where nothing seems new even the Deathwing encounter.
Young players? Most the community in Rift are old WoW players and EQ2 raiders. It's filled with some of the most senior MMO players that I've known.

Also they've completely reworked a lot of class mechanics since launch and much the "similarity" is gone.

I played wow for 6 years before I quit for rift, and I'd have to say I thoroughly enjoyed most the raid content Rift put out.