Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

"Addons are stupid and WoW is easy."

Weasul
01.03.2012 , 02:28 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Zorke View Post
Where's your heroic -anything- kill?

WoWs heroic endgame is still one of the most difficult challenges in the gaming world. SWTOR is pathetic in comparison. However, in terms of questing and solo play, SWTOR is much more challenging and I feel you really learn how to play your class to it's SOLO potential through doing the difficult elite story quests.

Also, no addons/customizing? Watch this game go the way of AoC in a few months. If you are truly a casual player, THEN WHY DO YOU CARE IF HARDCORE GAMERS USE ADDONS. How does someone elses customization ruin YOUR play?

If you say because they harass you for being bad by linking meters, I have bad news for you. You are actually bad, and someone pointed it out to you after carrying you through that content.
This must be a joke. Not a single part of WoW was difficult. The entire game was designed so that anyone could win, since the majority of players were all children that did not play MMOs prior to WoW's release. Wait... the graphics were difficult, my eyes bled some days knowing that at release the graphics were below par with the previous generation of MMOs.

If you WAIT a few months you will get all of these addons/customizations/mods that you're crying about. I'd much rather they work on what they've got already then add in the extras, why are you so damn needy? Calm down.

So bad...

Agiri
01.03.2012 , 02:44 PM | #12
This just goes to show that you have not a single clue what you are talking about.

Heroic Ragnaros was THE HARDEST encounter ever implemented into the game. You can't even deny that.
I quit WoW a long time ago, but is Rag actually harder than pre-nerf M'uru? I doubt it, but if so maybe I shouldn't have quit.

ckoneful
01.03.2012 , 02:56 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Agiri View Post
I quit WoW a long time ago, but is Rag actually harder than pre-nerf M'uru? I doubt it, but if so maybe I shouldn't have quit.
I'd say he was, but I missed Sunwell so I couldn't give a definitive answer. Though, they've now kicked his teeth out with nerfs.

Average wipes to kill H Rag were 500-600 prenerf.

Serranex
01.03.2012 , 02:57 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Agiri View Post
Yes. Yes it was.

Granted, fewer guilds killed pre-nerf M'uru, but it was nerfed within a week of the first kill, while Ragnaros was not nerfed for 1.5 months.

As an encounter, Heroic Rag is by FAR the harder boss.

Azyurel
01.03.2012 , 03:06 PM | #15
This just goes to show that you have not a single clue what you are talking about.

Heroic Ragnaros was THE HARDEST encounter ever implemented into the game. You can't even deny that.
Yet the encounters difficulty pales in comparison to Rifts Akyilios fight. Gotta say, Rift is starting to come out with much better end game content that WoW is producing.

SIowpoke
01.03.2012 , 03:27 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by ckoneful View Post
I'd say he was, but I missed Sunwell so I couldn't give a definitive answer. Though, they've now kicked his teeth out with nerfs.

Average wipes to kill H Rag were 500-600 prenerf.
Wow, I raided everything from classic up to heroic nefarion and nothing ever took that many attempts. The most I've ever spent on a single boss was probably mimiron at like 150.

TheDarkerPhantom
01.03.2012 , 03:32 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by zegota View Post
It gives them a crazy advantage. A casual player has essentially no chance to contribute to a PvP warzone against people with tons of crazy minmaxing addons. In PvE, addons often lead to groups demanding that all players have certain addons, i.e., LF1M Healer for XXX, must have DamageMeter!

So you are alright with people just wasting each others time?

When there are enough Flashpoints and Operations for this to even become a problem, I guarantee you, groups will start to get rid of these players that put little effort into playing their best

TheDarkerPhantom
01.03.2012 , 03:35 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Azyurel View Post
Yet the encounters difficulty pales in comparison to Rifts Akyilios fight. Gotta say, Rift is starting to come out with much better end game content that WoW is producing.
Many ways this is possible.

Rift has one fatal flaw, its class mechanics are to similar to World of Warcraft's, its also a big strength if they can come up with better boss mechanics.

Lets face it, there is only so many ways a group of developers can think to make a boss different, Rift players are also young ( new game ) compared to the 6 year vets of WoW where nothing seems new even the Deathwing encounter.

Abbeel
01.03.2012 , 03:36 PM | #19
Why does the option to have addons or simply having a more customizable interface always have to have something to do with WoW?

Please, stop linking the subjects. It doesn't matter what some other game did. All that matters is that players get to play the game they want to and have as many options in doing that as possible.

Volarius
01.03.2012 , 03:38 PM | #20
The problem with some addons is that they trivialize encounters so much that future content is designed around having those addons. This forces anyone who doesn't enjoy data crunching to use them. I am a min/maxer like many and I do miss some of the required raid addons I used in WoW, but I have to admit it is also quite relaxing to be free of them. I just hope they strike a balance so that you have some choice in regards to the half dozen raiding addons that are required to even clear trash. I love them until they become a required crutch for encounters. Some of the raid boss mods from WoW (ie. Deadly Boss Mobs and others) actually turned many encounters into a dumbed down version of Simple Simon.