Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

"Addons are stupid and WoW is easy."

dotNex
01.04.2012 , 09:06 AM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by SgtDukes View Post
There are just too many folks I would like to quote for exemplifying why I do not like addons and the mentality they bring.

Ad Hominem: yyyy: I dont like the mentality that comes with addons.
xxxxx : Of course you'd say that. You're bad.

This is also a false dichotomy: "Only bad players dislike addons."

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

They are tools and they have their purposes. I don't think the benefit of these tools outweights
the negative or abrasive mentality that comes with these tools or the lack thereof.

Combat logs, modifiable UI(change positions and sizes of UI elements), and 'target of target' are the only tools that I would be happy to see.

ABSOLUTELY NO THIRD PARTY software !

Add procs to the flytext and i would be happy with that. Oh and proper debuff icons on the raid frames (so healers can actually decurse people).

Sylverfall
01.04.2012 , 09:07 AM | #102
With the amount of bugs and broken content currently available, I am honestly scared to see what will happen if/when they do allow addons and UI adjustments.

On second thought, maybe if they did allow them, then the player base could fix their game for them..............

Vankris
01.04.2012 , 09:11 AM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by lueckjathom View Post
Pretty much this is the problem.

It's not right or wrong to enjoy the game one way or the other.
melee sage, range vanguard, gunslinger NEVER going to cover cause it's not enjoyable

there are no right or wrong way to play the game huh?

Furyofwar
01.04.2012 , 09:14 AM | #104
Despite anything you say using a add on is a crutch. Plain and simple.

Vankris
01.04.2012 , 09:14 AM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by Agiri View Post
I quit WoW a long time ago, but is Rag actually harder than pre-nerf M'uru? I doubt it, but if so maybe I shouldn't have quit.
it's difficult to say, you will have to trust paragon on this

paragon has the world first of heroic rag, and said it was the hardest boss they ever face. I am sure they compare to LK but not sure they were around for M'uru

PS: yes, i have killed heroic rag 25 during the 4.2

Raeln
01.04.2012 , 09:20 AM | #106
Quote: Originally Posted by ckoneful View Post
I'd say he was, but I missed Sunwell so I couldn't give a definitive answer. Though, they've now kicked his teeth out with nerfs.

Average wipes to kill H Rag were 500-600 prenerf.
Take the number of people that have tried to kill Heroic Rag even one time.

Divide that number by the number of accounts that have level 85 characters.

Examine that number.

That is one of the driving factors as to why Bioware is trying to approach the MMO genre from a different angle.

Furyofwar
01.04.2012 , 09:21 AM | #107
Addons are a crutch always have been and always will be. Future games are moving away from them. They will not be allowed in Diablo 3 either or other future games. Get used to it.

Sylverfall
01.04.2012 , 09:23 AM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by Vankris View Post
it's difficult to say, you will have to trust paragon on this

paragon has the world first of heroic rag, and said it was the hardest boss they ever face. I am sure they compare to LK but not sure they were around for M'uru

PS: yes, i have killed heroic rag 25 during the 4.2

Pre-nerf Muru was still the hardest boss they created IMO. The only thing that really made H Rag "Difficult" was depending on people to not stand in stuff. I killed H-Rag during 4.2 and it really wasn't a hard fight to understand. But if you get someone who lives in a tree outside of some random city in Singapore who has a latency that blows, the fight can get more difficult.

Addon's aren't a crutch, they are a tool to allow someone to further improve their performance in the area of their choice. That is it. They are invaluable to serious raiders and to those who choose to be a more casual, solo minded, story driven player, they can be a pain. Either way, they need to be here for the game to compete with WoW in the end game category.

Xeres-
01.04.2012 , 09:24 AM | #109
I just want something to tell me when my CDs are up instead of looking for the correct icon on the taskbar - which I don't look at often because I keybind almost everything. Want to throw that in the flytext that's fine.

As it is now I look for which abilities are off CD which is time better spent looking for casts to interrupt or trying to avoid fire.

sanctified
01.04.2012 , 09:28 AM | #110
Quote: Originally Posted by Zorke View Post
Believe it or not, some people actually enjoy min/maxing their characters. Also, you use the term "casual" instead of "bad". Shame on you.
You have anger issues. People have talked to you in your personal life about this before, and you've ignored them. Don't ignore them, they're only trying to help.
Playing since October 1st, 2011. Squad 238 for life.