Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Legendary blaster on Blizz Hoth quests

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Legendary blaster on Blizz Hoth quests

Ghostround
01.03.2012 , 01:36 PM | #1
Question: you know that legendary pistol you get during the Hoth questline? It is completely customizable so should I hang on to it and use higher level mods as I level? Does its legendary item type mean whatever mods I put in will be that much more powerful?

Thanks

Mihira
01.03.2012 , 01:57 PM | #2
It has the exact same stats as a normal moddable blaster, the only difference is the color (which is probably a bug).

Apocalypsezero
01.03.2012 , 02:33 PM | #3
I think it's artifact not legendary. I'm not used to the color scheme yet other than orange is moddable and grey is junk.
Quote: Originally Posted by battlebug View Post
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.
MMO General Forums, Proof of the Need for Eugenics.

Krowwe
01.03.2012 , 03:44 PM | #4
Purple should be legendary, but as above said, that pistol should be orange. It doesnt give any bonuses above or beyond any other orange pistol.

Hedgeknight
01.03.2012 , 04:17 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Krowwe View Post
Purple should be legendary, but as above said, that pistol should be orange. It doesnt give any bonuses above or beyond any other orange pistol.
I haven't popped out my mods since I got it to see if it's changed but when I got that pistol it had +46 tech power on it with empty mod slots. So that would make it a little better than your average orange weapon.

Krowwe
01.03.2012 , 04:40 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Hedgeknight View Post
I haven't popped out my mods since I got it to see if it's changed but when I got that pistol it had +46 tech power on it with empty mod slots. So that would make it a little better than your average orange weapon.
I checked, it has a +43 Tech, same as my Great Hunt Blaster and 3 or 4 other oranges I have found.

Taallonn
01.03.2012 , 05:36 PM | #7
Put all my mods in it, stats didn't change from blaster i was using. just looks like a cool weapon is all

KTMDirtFace
01.03.2012 , 05:58 PM | #8
It does way less damage than the orange one I had so I vendored it.

I also just vendored a orange chest because i found a green that had nearly identical stats and a TON more base armor.

tchu
01.03.2012 , 06:19 PM | #9
Torhead suggests it was the first modable item in the game, so kept the artifact colour as a nod to being the first.

KTMDirtFace
01.03.2012 , 06:23 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by tchu View Post
Torhead suggests it was the first modable item in the game, so kept the artifact colour as a nod to being the first.
You guys are talking about the gun you get when you first talk to blizz?

I had got orange pistols fully modifiable 2-3 times before getting to Hoth. Most of them were from completing bonus series in previous zones.

Hence the reason I vendored it it's damage stats were much less than the orange gun I already had.