Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

PVP Lucky Dip Bags

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
PVP Lucky Dip Bags

illsley's Avatar


illsley
01.03.2012 , 01:07 PM | #1
I'm Valor rank 55 and over the last week have opened 28 champion bags and received 0 items. Is this seriously how the game is meant to be?

All my friends and guildmates (Valor rank 20-30) have full gear.. how is it even possible.

Effort isnt rewarded.

I unsubscribed today anwyays.

jamesbrunwin's Avatar


jamesbrunwin
01.03.2012 , 01:11 PM | #2
Did you completely forget about the Centurion Commendations? You can buy PvP gear with those you know. Getting the champion gear is just a bonus based on luck.

If you don't have the time to grind for the gear you want then why should you keep playing? Good job unsubscribing. There have been plenty of posts like this already and it is clear that people are not understanding that they might ACTUALLY HAVE TO GRIND in an MMO. Shoking.

illsley's Avatar


illsley
01.03.2012 , 01:15 PM | #3
Ive grinded plenty of games dozens of hours a day. And this game too. To buy one item with those commendations would take 20 bags, and you can get maybe 5-7 bags per day through grinding warzones plus 2 from dailies.

So in mayble 4 months ill have all the gear? When others get better gear all free with lucky dip.

This game doesnt reward any effort what so ever. Its pure luck based.

Megamaid's Avatar


Megamaid
01.03.2012 , 02:13 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by jamesbrunwin View Post
Did you completely forget about the Centurion Commendations? You can buy PvP gear with those you know. Getting the champion gear is just a bonus based on luck.

If you don't have the time to grind for the gear you want then why should you keep playing? Good job unsubscribing. There have been plenty of posts like this already and it is clear that people are not understanding that they might ACTUALLY HAVE TO GRIND in an MMO. Shoking.
The system is terrible, it has nothing to do with effort, and everything to do with luck. Those who are lucky not only get geared sooner but they are also getting the higher quality gear. I can put two to three times the effort of someone else, but, i am unlucky so i get worse gear at a much slower rate.

If you read his post you would realize the problem is not the grind, it is the fact that lucky people get geared faster for far less effort. I have a guild-mate who got 5 bags, every single bag had a piece of gear in it and they were all different. I opened 10 bags got 3 pieces and all were relics. And then you get people like the OP who opened 28 bags and received nothing.

The system should be reversed, the bags should give champ commendations, with a chance of centurion gear. But since they wont do that, they need to increase the rate at which unlucky people can get and decrease the Rate at which lucky people can get gear. You do this by increasing Centurion commendation per bag from 3 to 5 if you don't get gear. And then Champion gear should require Centurion Commendation along with the incomplete piece gear.

Furyofwar's Avatar


Furyofwar
01.03.2012 , 02:16 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by illsley View Post
I'm Valor rank 55 and over the last week have opened 28 champion bags and received 0 items. Is this seriously how the game is meant to be?

All my friends and guildmates (Valor rank 20-30) have full gear.. how is it even possible.

Effort isnt rewarded.

I unsubscribed today anwyays.
^^^ full of ****. Cause I have gotten more bags then that and I am at level 45 valor rank. I have been level 50 for 8days. I have completed 2 weekly pvp quests. That is 6 bags. I have completed 8 Pvp daily that's 8 Bags. I average 3 bags a day. That is 24 bags. So why is it you have only gotten 28 bags at valor 55 when I have gotten 38 bags at valor rank 45. Your facts don't add up. Sounds like you have gotten only a few bags. Your valor rank is no where near 55 and your just QQing.

icehacka's Avatar


icehacka
01.03.2012 , 02:21 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by illsley View Post
Ive grinded plenty of games dozens of hours a day. And this game too. To buy one item with those commendations would take 20 bags, and you can get maybe 5-7 bags per day through grinding warzones plus 2 from dailies.

So in mayble 4 months ill have all the gear? When others get better gear all free with lucky dip.

This game doesnt reward any effort what so ever. Its pure luck based.
1. There are only 2 dozen hours in a day, don't be dramatic.

2. 20 Champ bags for 1 piece? I have gotten 3 cent tokens each bag so that's 60 tokens...most items are 24-37 cent tokens.

I agree its a stupid system, but you are being a bit emo. Just keep going to rank 60 and start not getting the Battlemaster gear

Edit/PS: No one cares if you are unsubscribing to the game. We don't see your monthly sub fee.

jamiede's Avatar


jamiede
01.03.2012 , 02:21 PM | #7
I can vouch for this person as i to have been farming the bags with him , i have a bit better luck but not much

illsley's Avatar


illsley
01.03.2012 , 02:24 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Furyofwar View Post
^^^ full of ****. Cause I have gotten more bags then that and I am at level 45 valor rank.
I have opened 48 bags in total. The last 28 bags in a row have had nothing in at all. I have 4 Champion items in total. So take your assumptions and bad manners else where.

monteanvil's Avatar


monteanvil
01.03.2012 , 02:29 PM | #9
I will strongly agree. Chance should not be in a grind at all. AT ALL.

jamiede's Avatar


jamiede
01.03.2012 , 02:34 PM | #10
I do not mind grinding that is why im nearly valor rank 60 , I quite enjoy it.

When u grind and grind and grind and get no rewards / inspect valor rank 20's with full gear it does make u feel like is there a point to it.


Just make the gear have a valor requirement make it really hard to gain valor ranks (the grindy bit) and just let us buy the gear .

This Will destroy the pvp community soon as it will get fixed at some points because it is broken if someone goes 28 bags with nothing.

but by the time they fix it the game has been uninstalled and peoples will to live has been broken and the wasted hours dont come back