Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why can't ya'll just get over it?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Why can't ya'll just get over it?

Wolfninjajedi
01.03.2012 , 12:59 PM | #1
Seriously....why can't you all just move on with your lives instead of whining and complaining about how the SW movies are changed? You guys are STILL complaining about Han not shooting first, you guys are still complaining about Maul being killed etc etc. This stuff has happened 10+ years ago, and you still complain about it why? Seriously....WHY?

Move on with your lives already, so the movies have changed theres no need to piss and moan about it. You got your VHS tapes of them don't you? There you go, BE HAPPY. I don't think its rather healthy to linger on something that has happened more then a decade ago. They are just movies.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

internaty
01.03.2012 , 03:14 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Seriously....why can't you all just move on with your lives instead of whining and complaining about how the SW movies are changed? You guys are STILL complaining about Han not shooting first, you guys are still complaining about Maul being killed etc etc. This stuff has happened 10+ years ago, and you still complain about it why? Seriously....WHY?

Move on with your lives already, so the movies have changed theres no need to piss and moan about it. You got your VHS tapes of them don't you? There you go, BE HAPPY. I don't think its rather healthy to linger on something that has happened more then a decade ago. They are just movies.
People love to compain,
It make's us happy to complain about thing's we cannont change.
If star wars was perfect we would complain about that.
knowledge is power.
use it well.

Good players take any and all advantages they can get, actually. It's why they are good.

JRRNeiklot
01.03.2012 , 03:16 PM | #3

So, you are complaining about people complaining?

internaty
01.03.2012 , 03:20 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by JRRNeiklot View Post
So, you are complaining about people complaining?
Nah i am complaing about people saying it cant be done, that class is overpowered, i cant kill this boss nerff it:

I hate weakling's but unlike the sith i accauly know you can to teach them to be strong.
knowledge is power.
use it well.

Good players take any and all advantages they can get, actually. It's why they are good.

Darphboo
01.03.2012 , 03:38 PM | #5

Reported you as a troll, but I'll feed you anyway.

I was five years old when Episode IV released in theaters. It blew my mind. My bigwheel was my x-wing fighter. I wanted to be Luke Skywalker. The special effects were better than anything anybody had ever seen before.

By the time Episodes I-III came out I was an adult, the effects were better but not OMG better.

So maybe it was me:

I don't know if JarJar Binks or the blatant racial stereotypes would have would have bothered the 5-year old version of me . I'm not sure the 7-8 year old version of me would have been annoyed by the whiny teenaged angst and fit throwing and selfishness of Anakin in Episodes II and III.

The adult me hated all that. I don't like the prequels, I can't imagine ever liking them. But I don't think about them daily or weekly or even monthly. Mostly I just ignore them. I suggest you do the same, or ignore the rabid haters.

Ghrog
01.03.2012 , 06:41 PM | #6

Seriously... why can't you all just move on with your lives instead of whining and complaining about people on the internet. I mean, this all started 10+ years ago. You know that people are going to complain regardless. Seriously... WHY?

Move on with your lives already, so somebody that has nothing to do with you complains on a board. You still have your other boring threads where everybody sits in happy agreement that everything is wonderful don't you? There you go BE HAPPY. I don't think it's healthy to linger on other peoples opinions that have zero bearing on your life. They are just opinions.

...or something like that. ;-)
Nothing personal. It's just business.

SolxTheUnmaker
01.03.2012 , 11:02 PM | #7
Go watch the 3 trailer vids for Old Republic, they dominate all the movies.

GhostRiderLSOV
01.04.2012 , 04:33 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Darphboo View Post
Reported you as a troll, but I'll feed you anyway.

I was five years old when Episode IV released in theaters. It blew my mind. My bigwheel was my x-wing fighter. I wanted to be Luke Skywalker. The special effects were better than anything anybody had ever seen before.

By the time Episodes I-III came out I was an adult, the effects were better but not OMG better.

So maybe it was me:

I don't know if JarJar Binks or the blatant racial stereotypes would have would have bothered the 5-year old version of me . I'm not sure the 7-8 year old version of me would have been annoyed by the whiny teenaged angst and fit throwing and selfishness of Anakin in Episodes II and III.

The adult me hated all that. I don't like the prequels, I can't imagine ever liking them. But I don't think about them daily or weekly or even monthly. Mostly I just ignore them. I suggest you do the same, or ignore the rabid haters.
I couldn't have sait it better myself.

Although I wanted to pilot the Millennium Falcon too.

Still, I think your reply is more to "why do you hate the prequels" and not the changes.
"Every little thing that helps."
Hile'Iteu Lightgrasp - Jedi Guardian
On the Frostclaw server

Cyan_Bloodbane
01.04.2012 , 05:35 AM | #9

Depends. Do you think the Mona Lisa would benefit from Neon lights around it's borders?

GhostRiderLSOV
01.04.2012 , 05:40 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Cyan_Bloodbane View Post
Do you think the Mona Lisa would benefit from Neon lights around it's borders?
Something like this?

http://www.lakich.com/images/1MonaOpt.jpg

I think it's much better than the original, if anyone disagrees, they don't know what they're talking about!
"Every little thing that helps."
Hile'Iteu Lightgrasp - Jedi Guardian
On the Frostclaw server