Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Advanced Artifice Schematics

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Advanced Artifice Schematics

UCSDAeroEng
01.03.2012 , 12:12 PM | #1
Torhead says the advanced schematics for enhancements, hilts, crystals, etc can be purchased. Where can I buy them?

WalkerW
01.03.2012 , 12:15 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by UCSDAeroEng View Post
Torhead says the advanced schematics for enhancements, hilts, crystals, etc can be purchased. Where can I buy them?
torhead is almost entirely worthless at this point.

Malakriss
01.03.2012 , 12:34 PM | #3
The sell price listed on torhead is actually how much you can get for selling the item or schematic to a vendor.

But yes, the item database on websites these days is totally unreliable.

TheCheatz
01.03.2012 , 12:48 PM | #4
You have to reverse engineer to discover advanced versions of the trainable schematics. As for others, I haven't seen an artifice schematic yet.

zegota
01.03.2012 , 12:58 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by TheCheatz View Post
You have to reverse engineer to discover advanced versions of the trainable schematics. As for others, I haven't seen an artifice schematic yet.
I've found a few for power generators and foci.

UCSDAeroEng
01.03.2012 , 01:25 PM | #6
So if you have to reverse engineer, do you have to reverse engineer the prototypes? I have already discovered the prototypes for several hilts, but if I want to get the advanced versions (purple schematics), I need to reverse engineer the prototypes (blue schematics)?

Is there any method to the madness of when a reverse engineering attempt will yield the new schematic?

CrowleyW
01.03.2012 , 01:30 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by UCSDAeroEng View Post
So if you have to reverse engineer, do you have to reverse engineer the prototypes? I have already discovered the prototypes for several hilts, but if I want to get the advanced versions (purple schematics), I need to reverse engineer the prototypes (blue schematics)?

Is there any method to the madness of when a reverse engineering attempt will yield the new schematic?
There is no method specifically. It is a straight % chance. I've got some epic enhancements from the first try and some take RE'ing dozens of blues. It's really painful when you start RE'ing the Rank 22 purple enhancements to get the Rank 23 ones. Even more painful RE'ing the rank 23 ones to get the rank 24 ones (since the 23's use Biometric Crystal Alloys which only drop from HM endbosses).

zegota
01.03.2012 , 02:24 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by CrowleyW View Post
There is no method specifically. It is a straight % chance. I've got some epic enhancements from the first try and some take RE'ing dozens of blues. It's really painful when you start RE'ing the Rank 22 purple enhancements to get the Rank 23 ones. Even more painful RE'ing the rank 23 ones to get the rank 24 ones (since the 23's use Biometric Crystal Alloys which only drop from HM endbosses).
Wait, whaaaat? R-Eing Rank 22 purples gives you Rank 23 schematics? Is this true?

Bloodymoon
01.03.2012 , 02:26 PM | #9
No 10char
aka Moon

JackalDark
01.16.2012 , 12:50 PM | #10
So how do you get rank 23 and 24 schematics?