Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Darkness Assassin leveling

01.03.2012 , 11:48 AM | #1

I would like to know is it enjoyable to level a darkness assassin? Or should I roll straight to deception and switch to darkness when 50? Want to try an Inquisitor since i'm disappointed with my Jugg leveling, people say that Inquis is easier.

So, is darkness enjoyable when leveling?

01.03.2012 , 11:53 AM | #2
How is anyone else supposed to know what you enjoy? Darkness doesn't really come into its own until later, you might want to spec Deception until 20-ish and then give it a try.
Darth Fex Malignis
<Villains by Necessity>

Bondar Crystal
Sith Assassin

01.03.2012 , 11:54 AM | #3
Darkness is low damage but more mitigation than deception.

Deception is the other way around.
Streamline - A guide to speeding up low - mid range Computer systems.
Latency Thread - Latency issue gathering thread..
Have a tech issue you need help with? You can nomally find me on the Customer Support forum.

01.03.2012 , 11:56 AM | #4
By enjoyable I mean that I wont die on 2 strong mobs.

01.03.2012 , 12:42 PM | #5
Deception has no problem with 2 strong mobs you just need to use more tricks and make sure you CC one of them and kill them one at a time.
Stiv - Assassin - Jung Ma

01.03.2012 , 12:47 PM | #6
Against appropriate level mobs (within 2 levels) both worked out fine for me. Deception, as many have stated, killed much quicker yet is a bit squishier. While Darkness I could take on much larger groups (8-10) and survive, but damage output is lower thus causing fights to last longer. So both have thier ups and downs.

My experience was both could take on 2 strong mobs. The question is, do you want quicker kills with possibly more downtime, or slower kills with a much smaller chance of downtime.

Just my thoughts.

01.03.2012 , 12:49 PM | #7
If you're not dying your downtime between pulls is a few seconds... Dismiss companion, resummon companion. He's back to full. Until they fix this, you don't need to rest unless you have taken damage yourself.
Darth Fex Malignis
<Villains by Necessity>

Bondar Crystal
Sith Assassin

01.04.2012 , 05:35 AM | #8
Thank you! I'll probably go deception until lvl 20. I've abandoned my 32 Jugg, since i've had enough of him dying from 1 strong and 3 weak mob pull.

01.04.2012 , 07:22 AM | #9
I find Darkness boring. It takes too long to kill the mobs. Deception seems better for leveling although I probably spend way more time "seething" in Deception.

Respecs are cheap. Try em both
The Darkmoon Legacy
DVEight - Darkness Sin - Scum and Villainy
Alts: Nihilis - Sorc, Evoll - Mara, Heater - Merc

01.04.2012 , 09:22 AM | #10
Leveled 1~50 as Darkness and enjoyed it the whole way. Some of the later class quests the other deception Assassins in my guild were failing hard on were a breeze for me. No regrets, I've tried madness and deception specs and always fall back to Darkness. Now I main tank guild raids and I'm coming up on Valor rank 60 usually topping the medals in nearly every warzone. Since I'm on a PVP server being able to 1v1 just about anyone I come across as darkness spec leveling up was really nice as well.