Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Companion Gifts

KArpathias
12.13.2011 , 10:02 PM | #1
I have a couple of gifts in my bag that I cannot give to my companion as it states they need Technology Rank 1 (a couple with other needs Weapon, Military). How do I get these skills for my companion, are they trained or learned through experience?

Meriki
12.13.2011 , 10:10 PM | #2
When you get to your fleet there should be trainers. Check you map and make sure trainers are selected. Then go over and talk to them all, and decide which ones you want.
TOR Guides, videos, news, and information on DDMsRealm.com!
Play the Fyxt RPG for free! It combines the easy of digital technology with the fun of a tabletop RPG.

KArpathias
12.14.2011 , 08:11 AM | #3
I know, I got the companion gifts from the crew skills I learned from these trainers. My question was about the prerequisites required by my companion to give them these gifts, how do I get the skill Technology Rank 1 so I can give my companion the gift.

eXsDaken
12.14.2011 , 08:18 AM | #4
You can give any gift of any rank to any companion. What comes into play is if say Vettee will like your Technology gift. Where ranks come into play is the higher the rank the higher the affection you will receive when a gift is given. Hope this helps.
Terra Firma - US PVP
Play for fun. Aim to win.
Recruitment Thread | Guild Website

KArpathias
12.14.2011 , 08:27 AM | #5
OK, thanks. I will try it tonight when I'm playing again.

ForceWelder
12.14.2011 , 08:36 AM | #6
Not all gifts work for all companions but I got something that can help you figure out which items work with each companion.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=3734

Go to the third or fourth post on the thread and their is a list broken down by companion on which gifts they like. I cannot guarantee that it is a complete list, but it should get your foot in the door.
Want to subscribe or re-subscribe to SWTOR?
Get more with your return and click on the link below

KArpathias
12.14.2011 , 09:03 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by ForceWelder View Post
Not all gifts work for all companions but I got something that can help you figure out which items work with each companion.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=3734

Go to the third or fourth post on the thread and their is a list broken down by companion on which gifts they like. I cannot guarantee that it is a complete list, but it should get your foot in the door.
Cool thanks, that's helpful.