Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Was anakin/darthvader ever actually not of the dark side

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Was anakin/darthvader ever actually not of the dark side

internaty
01.03.2012 , 01:14 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Vianica View Post
Here's what I don't get: what makes you - and you're not alone here - think that Padme was 25 in the first movie?

She wasn't. She was like 12 or 13. (And what's-her-face that played her was actually quite close to that age in real life when she made the movie; I remember because there were a lot of behind-the-scenes things on television while they were still making it and it was pointed out that the actress wasn't just playing an age, she actually WAS that age.)

And wow, could you be more sexist with that comment? It's ok for men to date younger women, but not the other way around? Just... wow.
To answer your first question:

He was a short/small kid she was a fully grown wemon(18 atleast) in the phatom manance.
or atleas that is how old she looked.

Anakin was 10(offical lore) the episoide 2 anakin is a adult.
Atleast 18 by ours standerds.

That means officaly she had to be atleast 26 years of age when they first mated.

As for why it is commonly more execpted for man to have younger wemon then the other way around is:
A: in the past male's got married rule the household and wemon shut up cook cleaned and if they died the male would find a new one.

B: young wemon are bautyfull old wemon are not.

And yes there both sexistic but men are sexistic.
knowledge is power.
use it well.

Good players take any and all advantages they can get, actually. It's why they are good.

Hydrolix
01.03.2012 , 01:16 PM | #22
The whole "Padme lost the will to live" thing is total BS to me. Why did GL do that?

He had a perfect setup for the following and then just dropped the ball like he forgot what game he was playing.

Anakin was manipulated by Palpatine and his attachment to Padme. Since we all knew the ending of the story before it started, she had to die. Both of those things are clear.

So, here is what GL missed. The PERFECT opportunity at showing the true nature of the dark side AND ending the series with an amazing bit of irony.

She should have died due to the injuries sustained when Anakin choked her. In this event, The beautiful irony of the dark side would have been that Anakin fell to save the life of his love and in doing so actually caused her demise.

If GL had done that, then this thread would be about something deeper like "if you know the future, can you actually change it? Or, will your attempts to change it actually cause the outcome you know?"

Irudious
01.03.2012 , 01:23 PM | #23
If GL had done that, then this thread would be about something deeper like "if you know the future, can you actually change it? Or, will your attempts to change it actually cause the outcome you know?"

Stop arguing about the noob points and read my comment!!!

Wolfninjajedi
01.03.2012 , 01:24 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Hydrolix View Post
The whole "Padme lost the will to live" thing is total BS to me. Why did GL do that?

He had a perfect setup for the following and then just dropped the ball like he forgot what game he was playing.

Anakin was manipulated by Palpatine and his attachment to Padme. Since we all knew the ending of the story before it started, she had to die. Both of those things are clear.

So, here is what GL missed. The PERFECT opportunity at showing the true nature of the dark side AND ending the series with an amazing bit of irony.

She should have died due to the injuries sustained when Anakin choked her. In this event, The beautiful irony of the dark side would have been that Anakin fell to save the life of his love and in doing so actually caused her demise.

Anakin did technically kill Padme, just not in the way you think/wanted to happen.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

SammyRath
01.03.2012 , 01:32 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Irudious View Post
Stop arguing about the noob points and read my comment!!!
I'd rather not. Too much rage in there.

Quote:
To answer your first question:

He was a short/small kid she was a fully grown wemon(18 atleast) in the phatom manance.
or atleas that is how old she looked.

Anakin was 10(offical lore) the episoide 2 anakin is a adult.
Atleast 18 by ours standerds.

That means officaly she had to be atleast 26 years of age when they first mated.
First off, http://translate.google.com/

Second, she was 5 years older than him.

Quote:
And yes there both sexistic but men are sexistic.
Speak for yourself, don't drag the rest of us down with you.

internaty
01.03.2012 , 01:41 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by SammyRath View Post
Speak for yourself, don't drag the rest of us down with you.
Lie to yourself all you want.
knowledge is power.
use it well.

Good players take any and all advantages they can get, actually. It's why they are good.

ElfisFromChilly
01.03.2012 , 01:52 PM | #27
The actors: Jake Lloyd and Natalie Portman are 8 years apart.

penultimatejawa
01.03.2012 , 02:17 PM | #28
Here, these videos will explain everything: http://redlettermedia.com/plinkett/star-wars/

Or in summary:

George Lucas has obviously never seen episodes 4 - 6 and should be force choked for his incompetence.

RaXha
01.03.2012 , 02:24 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Ellaerian View Post
If he had been raised by the Jedi since birth as was usually done during that era he would never have formed the attachments that drove him to kill the sandpeople or allowed Palpatine to manipulate him.

As for Padme... what personally bothers me the most about her story is when she dies during childbirth. While it is completely plausible that a woman could die from complications during childbirth (not to mention that Anakin force-choked the crap out of her just before), they explicitly state that she died for no reason at all.

To respond to the original question, yes I do think that as a child he was rather innocent. I think Lucas intended to show that it was his emotional attachments to his mother and Padme that caused his shift toward the dark side.
Doesn't Obi Wan also tell Luke that his father was killed by Darth Vader? My interpretation has always been that the sith lord he is talking about is Vader himself "killing" his former self.

Ellaerian
01.03.2012 , 02:37 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Hydrolix View Post

This^^

Along with the completely unnecessary virgin birth this is the worst plot device of the whole series. I wholeheartedly agree with Hydro on this point. Lost the will to live... If this actually happened assisted suicide wouldn't be a real life issue (suicide of any kind, for that matter... people would just drop dead). Losing Padme not only in spite of his efforts to save her but because of them is a far more compelling story.