Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

*SPOILER!!!* Sith Warrior Companion/Story: Choice made for you?! ***?!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore > Spoilers
*SPOILER!!!* Sith Warrior Companion/Story: Choice made for you?! ***?!

Ooloi
09.19.2012 , 09:18 AM | #51
This is an awesome idea, and should be submitted to the suggestions forum as soon as possible. It allows you to maintain some order on your ship, and gives you some control without the permanent killing issue.

OldVengeance
09.20.2012 , 12:57 AM | #52
What disappointing me was we couldn't even tell anyone on the ship what he did. We actually had to pretend everything was fine. Even if we let him, live I wanted to at least get my crew to all point and laugh.

stuffystuffs
09.20.2012 , 10:27 AM | #53
Post-betrayal, I don't think it's a bad idea to keep Quinn around and interrogate him...see what he knows about Baras and his operations. You can even have Jaesa present to act as a "lie detector" to ensure he's telling you the truth. At least, this is what I believe happened in my game.

Afterwards, I agree that it would be nice to have a choice to do something with him, but keeping him around gives you something to rub in Baras' face.

Pubsam
09.20.2012 , 06:26 PM | #54
I agree narrative-wise, not having the option to kill him is rough. I mean there are many compelling arguments for NOT killing him, but another player's Sith would have just as valid reasons to want to off him.

I know people complained in beta about killing companions, but I bet there was more to the decision than just caving to some idiots. This is an MMO and thus the story is open-ended. And with the Sith Warrior being one story among eight, I think writing alternate companions to replace Quinn (and to replace all the other disliked companions like Skadge) is too tall an order. The writers probably preferred having Quinn be a requisite part of the Warrior's story for the future. They'd also probably prefer this character they spent time creating be enjoyed, and not replaced with a mute droid or merc.
If this leads to the writers spending more time polishing up a good plot than worrying about writing extra dialogue for a new comp, or finagling the story to work for people who killed and didn't kill Quinn, then I'll call it an overall good thing.
Time for a nap.

Raynezazki
09.20.2012 , 07:56 PM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by Lith_Ragond View Post
So, in the Sith Warrior story, you get Malavai Quinn right? Well, low and behold, he BETRAYS you. And what does BioWare force you to do? FORGIVE HIM and let hims till tag along. I'm sorry, but this was the first time I felt the story crafted by BW really betrayed my character. He's 100% Darkside, true blood Sith. Never made a single light choice and hit Dark 5 before hitting level 40.

I understand Quinn is a companion, and kind of a major one at that, but I sure as hell wanted to kill him! I don't care I'd be down one companion, there's no freaking way my character would allow him to live! At least give us the choice (marked EXTREMELY clearly for those "special" players) to do what we want, until that point, BW had crafted a wonderful story with plenty of choices to craft your character. Now it just feels forced. The story, dialogue, and voice acting are what set this game apart, this just broke one of those stories!

So now, to play my character how I want him to be, I've got to see if upgrading my little droid can replace Quinn as my healer. Not cool BioWare, not cool.
Same reason I can't kill

Spoiler for IA story

Spoiler
It blows hard though I'll agree on that.

alricka
09.20.2012 , 11:09 PM | #56
This whole thing was one of the few disappointments I had with the story in this game. Being forced to spare Quinn totally broke my immersion in the Warrior's story and even now I can't look at him and think about it.

I blame the players more than I blame BioWare, though. There was an option to kill companions in beta... but people complained and whined like they always do. Apparently after pressing the 'Kill him/her' button they were surprised that the companion was gone forever.

AshlaBoga
09.20.2012 , 11:29 PM | #57
Quote: Originally Posted by OldVengeance View Post
What disappointing me was we couldn't even tell anyone on the ship what he did. We actually had to pretend everything was fine. Even if we let him, live I wanted to at least get my crew to all point and laugh.
Pin the tail on the Quinn anyone?
The dark is generous, and it is patient, and it always wins.
It always wins because it is everywhere.
The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.
Click my Referral Code for free goodies!

THorsblood
09.20.2012 , 11:38 PM | #58
Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post
Pin the tail on the Quinn anyone?
After I'm able to freeze him i will hang a dartboard on him

Darts any one? lol
"Killing is bad and wrong. There should be a new stronger word for killing like Bad-wrong or Badong. Yes killing is Badong." ~ The Chosen One ~ Kung Pow

Aurbere
09.21.2012 , 09:17 PM | #59
Quote: Originally Posted by alricka View Post
This whole thing was one of the few disappointments I had with the story in this game. Being forced to spare Quinn totally broke my immersion in the Warrior's story and even now I can't look at him and think about it.

I blame the players more than I blame BioWare, though. There was an option to kill companions in beta... but people complained and whined like they always do. Apparently after pressing the 'Kill him/her' button they were surprised that the companion was gone forever.
Maybe they thought he'd come back like some Boba Fett thing.
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Heimskringla
10.26.2012 , 11:16 PM | #60
If Bioware had chosen to design the companion system in such a way that the companion's game role could be chosen based on player desire, this would be a moot thread. Sadly, Bioware chose to make companion skills rigid and inflexible.

I have a feeling that I will end up choosing to use the droid and simply pretend Quinn doesn't exist. I do wish BIoware had been more flexible with the roles allotted to companions. I like Pierce and Vette but I'm stuck with an annoying ponce like Quinn or an annoying ninny like the droid if I need a healer.
- I spent $149.95 on a video game with no release date, and all I got was the key to the executive washroom.