Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

*SPOILER!!!* Sith Warrior Companion/Story: Choice made for you?! ***?!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore > Spoilers
*SPOILER!!!* Sith Warrior Companion/Story: Choice made for you?! ***?!

Random_Axcess
01.05.2012 , 03:49 PM | #21
Now that I am playing through the second time I don't care as much about the character because I know whats coming.

The first time I played through the SW story this was a deal breaker for me and I could not play the class anymore. Having the decision forced on you to forgive him is terribly broken and what is even worse seconds after the cut scene ends, it is like it never happened at all and isn't mentioned again. I can not understand why anyone thought this was a good idea in a story based game where you have killed people you don't know for much less, let alone a betrayal on this level.

I actually wrote a feedback in beta that I knew would not go anywhere, but even now I would actually pay for DLC that allowed me to kill him and quest for a new companion.

Below is a rough of what I sent them, it just made me feel alittle better.

---------

1. After the betrayal and you are forced to take him back Jaesa feels a strong dark side presence in the force in a companion conversation on the Sith world of Dromund Kaas (start quest).

2. After arrival and some menial steps (others are looking for him/her) you track down the Sorcerer in one of the ruins. Fight ensues and you beat him, background story insert and he pledges his loyalty to you. You call Quinn down and have him help the sorcerer, he then makes a remark of how the crew is growing and an eye needs to be turned to quartering space on the ship.

3. It is at this point the camera pans back to you and you say. "that will not be a concern, Quinn. [Sorcerer] will be taking your quarters". Quinn comments as he realizes what this means and your option wheel appears.

1. [light side] - Your services are no longer needed.

Spoiler

2. [dark side] - Your existence ends now

Spoiler

3. [dark side] - Your treachery has not been forgotten

Spoiler

commanderisaacs
01.05.2012 , 05:30 PM | #22
Like others said before. In beta a lot of dark sided players killed off a lot of their companions and it ended badly. Bioware did this to avoid a lot of problems. I know it does not feel right to spare him, but this is to prevent mechanics and other issues which will arise later

SmileyJeff
01.08.2012 , 06:35 PM | #23
I just completed this part of the story.. and it is the most anti-climax thing ever. I really wish i had the option to kill him. Forgiving just doesn't make sense. To those who are saying that we will kill all companions, BW can just let us kill atleast 1 that betray us and somehow mock up another companion to join us. That would be way better than letting us forgive that pos.

commanderisaacs
01.08.2012 , 10:24 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Random_Axcess View Post
Now that I am playing through the second time I don't care as much about the character because I know whats coming.

The first time I played through the SW story this was a deal breaker for me and I could not play the class anymore. Having the decision forced on you to forgive him is terribly broken and what is even worse seconds after the cut scene ends, it is like it never happened at all and isn't mentioned again. I can not understand why anyone thought this was a good idea in a story based game where you have killed people you don't know for much less, let alone a betrayal on this level.

I actually wrote a feedback in beta that I knew would not go anywhere, but even now I would actually pay for DLC that allowed me to kill him and quest for a new companion.

Below is a rough of what I sent them, it just made me feel alittle better.

---------

1. After the betrayal and you are forced to take him back Jaesa feels a strong dark side presence in the force in a companion conversation on the Sith world of Dromund Kaas (start quest).

2. After arrival and some menial steps (others are looking for him/her) you track down the Sorcerer in one of the ruins. Fight ensues and you beat him, background story insert and he pledges his loyalty to you. You call Quinn down and have him help the sorcerer, he then makes a remark of how the crew is growing and an eye needs to be turned to quartering space on the ship.

3. It is at this point the camera pans back to you and you say. "that will not be a concern, Quinn. [Sorcerer] will be taking your quarters". Quinn comments as he realizes what this means and your option wheel appears.

1. [light side] - Your services are no longer needed.

Spoiler

2. [dark side] - Your existence ends now

Spoiler

3. [dark side] - Your treachery has not been forgotten

Spoiler
Long story short they originally did have him to die if you choose dark side, but it led to problems when people were down a critical companion especially to sith juggernaut immortals
From what I heard A lot of people realized too late if you killed a companion you don't get another one, and led to some issues

Maaitz
01.09.2012 , 10:03 AM | #25
It would be so simple to make a workaround for dark side players..

a) Torture him, until his mind breaks and and then then replace his brain with cybernetics, so You kill him, but companion stays with slightly modified look.

OR

b) Kill him and then complete another class quest to replace him with another healer companion.

OR

c) Freeze him in carbonite and allow players to keep him in your cargo as a reminder with an option to unfreeze him if they are really in need of him.
"The tenets of the Sith are more than just words to be memorized. Learn them, understand them. They will lead you to the true power of the Force; the power of the dark side."

Sakerr
01.09.2012 , 12:56 PM | #26
I also think it's stupid, my SW kills people because he thinks they were looking at him funny and someone betrays him and lives ? Nonsense, we should have the option to get a replacement companion via a questline or something or kill him and use the annoying robot instead but we should be able to kill him or dump him somewhere so i won't see him ever again. Even a lightside character would not keep this guy around, if someone in real life cheats on me or betrays me there is no way in hell that person is going to share my living space, who ever wrote that part needs a reality check.

VorpalCheese
01.09.2012 , 07:24 PM | #27
My Warrior was married to him. Was. I ended that relationship after force-choking him to near-death...which was a damned shame because you have no idea how badly I wanted (and still want) to kill him. I figured I may be down a healer, but I would still have the ship's droid. And I like the idea of being able to quest for a future companion/replacement. I hadn't been enjoying Malavai's presence for a while and his backstabbing, traitorous actions only cemented my dislike.

Seriously, he'd choose Darth Volus--I'm sorry, Darth Baras--over his own wife? Going so far as to study her style and behavior, long-term, then program droids with that data specifically to kill her? I mean, this is serious premeditated murder right here. Okay, he's dead...as soon as the game allows me.
Thermaltake Chaser MK-1 full tower case||INTEL I5-2500K 4.0 GHZ||2x SLI Palit GTX 560 TI 2GB||Corsair AX850 PSU||8GB Kingston HyperX RAM||750GB 64MB cache HDD||30GB Kingston SSD||GIGABYTE Z68X-UD3H-B3 Mobo||Nvidia Surround 5760x1080

grania
01.09.2012 , 08:43 PM | #28
Quote:
Seriously, he'd choose Darth Volus--I'm sorry, Darth Baras--over his own wife? Going so far as to study her style and behavior, long-term, then program droids with that data specifically to kill her? I mean, this is serious premeditated murder right here. Okay, he's dead...as soon as the game allows me.
I couldn't help but notice how easy he and his droids were to defeat though, as if he was half assing it. Well, that's what I'm going to tell myself anyway since Quinn is one of the very few romance options in the game that don't repulse me.
--,-'-{## ##}-'-,--
"Mama, I dies your character, sorree!"

Capella
01.10.2012 , 12:00 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by grania View Post
I couldn't help but notice how easy he and his droids were to defeat though, as if he was half assing it. Well, that's what I'm going to tell myself anyway since Quinn is one of the very few romance options in the game that don't repulse me.
Spoiler

Now, if only we had a direct follow-up quest to this one where you can ask him about his motivations, he explains them to you, and you can have more decision points about what to do. Because right now, it ends, it basically doesn't come up again, and there's no feeling of closure to the event.
Main: Auriva, Sith Juggernaut | Guild: CIF Lords | Server: The Ebon Hawk | Crafts: Synthweaving ; Cybertech

Idali
01.10.2012 , 04:20 AM | #30
Only shows how damn inflexible the whole companion system really is.
Killing one of would be no big deal if we can modify our companions to suit our needs instead of getting forced to take and eat what crap we are given.